Don't go to the Dogs

3 posters

Go down

Don't go to the Dogs Empty Don't go to the Dogs

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:54

my sister rescued an exracing greyhound. it was not untill she wanted to do this that we started looking into what these dogs go through. they are purely money making machines and when they can no longer race they are no longer wanted and are thrown away with the rubbish. this is just one case but if you look into it there are many ways these dogs are being abused and mistreated and disposed of.

i personaly will never go to the dog races again knowing that this is going on. it breaks my heart to think that there is another breed of dog another animal that is being abused just for the pleasure of the so called human race.
it really makes me so angry

Don't go to the Dogs 309860_258444004200419_196942227017264_771252_870050348_n

Back to top Go down

Don't go to the Dogs Empty Re: Don't go to the Dogs

Post by janey Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:59

Shocking and true.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 20:27

my sister rescued this poor boy from certain death. he was due to be killed but the lincoln grey hound rescue stepped in and paid for him to travel to leeds where my sister saw him. he was no goo d to his owners because he has torn ligaments in his back leg and can no longer race. the kids renamed him sonic and he lives a happy life playing with the kids

Don't go to the Dogs 303238_10150399791155339_737580338_10803201_979844932_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 20:41

I have never supported dog racing in any way.Its vile how they treat the dogs and it should be banned angry

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Oct 11 2011, 21:55

I hate it and dont support it or horse racing thats just as bad . Poor rusty how can a living person do that to a dog thats served them the best it can these people make me sick a bullet is too good for them please tell me rusty made a recovery and hes living the life of luxury now in a lovely home were he is spoiled rotten Crying or Very sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 22:04

A lady I sometimes see at the park has a rescued greyhound. She'd raced well for a couple of years but then started coming 2nd oe lower. She was removed from the circuit & bred every season for nearly 4 years. Then, because her progeny weren't winning they locked her in a kennel & just left her there to starve!

She was seen by someone who was visiting the kennels & reported it to our local greyhound rescue & they bought her from them for £30. The RSPCA didn't want to know (big surprise!).

When my friend got her, she was still severely underweight, but no longer critical. She'd never been in a house & was quite frightened for a few days. She'd never been touched in a loving way & didn't know what to do when someone stroked her.

She's now very healthy, happy & so loving to everyone. WHY on earth do dogs forgive so readily after all some humans put them through?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 00:23

because like our staffies it is in their nature to want to please. humans could take a lesson from them

Back to top Go down

Post by staffbulls.at Wed Oct 12 2011, 04:44

it's great, that your sister rescued him - pretty boy
staffbulls.at
staffbulls.at
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Don't go to the Dogs Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Joe, Brownie, Stormy
Dog Gender(s) : males and female
Support total : 27

http://www.staffbulls.at, www.ej-photography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 06:06

This coming Saturday the local Greyhound Rescue is coming to Planet Dog to do a talk and hopefully get some dogs adopted. There is a track a few towns over and all the retired dogs go to this rescue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 07:01

Yes, I agree it's very sad and upsetting that people breed these dogs to race, but once they stop their racing career they are no longer wanted......just abandoned as if it were just an object.

Surely, if they had children, they would'nt neglect them if they did'nt win every race at school, or win every medal in their chosen sport. What about the school report card......sorry, No A's you'll have to go. Surprised Meh, I think not.

People should think of the BIGGGER picture before "purchasing" an animal. They are living beings who need to be cared for, loved and respected.

Here in WA where I am, I see so many Rescue Greyhounds and it makes me very sad, and angry at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 16:56

Poor Rusty... how he must have suffered, after no doubt making his previous owners alot of $$$$.. and that's the thanks he gets!!

Would love to do the same to the scum bag that did that to him.. angry

Always hated greyhound racing and horse racing ....exploiting the animals all for the almighty dollar!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:43

Don't go to the Dogs Pics14

My friend and her mum rescued beautiful Lucy from certain death - her crime, she loved to lay around and get snuggles whenever she could, wasn't interested in running after a toy bunny... well, she obviously should die then right???

thanks to them she now lives and loves nothing more than to snuggle up on the bed at night with her pals Topsy the cat and Sid the Jack Russell.

and she is SO SO lovable and cute and dopey!

I never have and never will support dogs racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 08:51

look at that face bless her. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 11:22

Aw, what a sweetie! Absolutely should be pts for having the intelligence not to want to run after an obviously fake bunny! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 15:24

Lucy is one of the lucky ones!! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 16:57

I have to admit I went once as a "fundraiser event" arranged by the patients that I nursed daily with kidney failure, and who were on dialysis to keep them alive (probably 22 years ago now).
Apart from the fact that I had no idea, what the h**l was happening on the race track at the time, it did my head in that these dogs were trained, participated and raced in an event where they were chasing another animal.
It didn't matter to me that they didn't know it was a "fake" or "not real", but in my head it may as well have been, and my fellow human morons were far too busy waging their bets to really notice angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 15:48

its shocking what these dogs go through!! .. i am big on not supporting anything like this and horse racing etc both a HUGE no go for me.
i was a volunteer at a greyhound rescue kennels where i live and the state of some of the dogs that came in was shocking and so upsetting!!! .. and the story's you here from other greyhound rescue kennels when we all met up to do fundraising! its sickening!.
we had numerous come in like skin and bone, with cuts all over them .. we had an older girl come in who had to have practically all her teeth removed because they were that bad they were slowly posing her! the manager kept them in a tub but you had to wear a face mask if you opened the tub they were that bad! .. numerous dogs we had to go and sit in the kennels with them 1 by 1 even in the corner of the kennel, to get them trusting humans again .. some come in with drains sticking out of them due to needing operations etc.
We had one come in who was found running round the local park with a knife stuck in his chest .. and others we had to chase and catch down a long busy road leading to a motorway because people would drive up kick them out the car and drive off!.
Its disgusting!!.
i had a soft spot for all of them, and would of adopted one but at the time i had my diesel who was dog aggressive.

Don't go to the Dogs Meandgeorge
Don't go to the Dogs Megeorgeandmilly
Don't go to the Dogs Mecjandpeggy
Don't go to the Dogs L6
Don't go to the Dogs L7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down