Who are you with for Pet Insurance

+2
Sookie
janey
6 posters

Go down

pet insurance - Who are you with for Pet Insurance Empty Who are you with for Pet Insurance

Post by Sookie Sat Jul 13 2013, 17:35

Afternoon, hope you and the pets are enjoying the warm weather.

I've just had my pet insurance renewal arrive and it's now over twice the price of when I started on it 4 years ago.

I hope some of you can help.

What insurance company are you with and if you have used them for a claim how have they been? Also and if you don't mind sharing how much do you pay?

I am shopping around but want to make sure if I change it's a good insurance company I move to.

Moved to Staffy Pet Insurance

Last edited by Kathy on Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to Staffy Pet Insurance)

Sookie
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sookie
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

pet insurance - Who are you with for Pet Insurance Empty Re: Who are you with for Pet Insurance

Post by janey Sat Jul 13 2013, 17:39

I am with animal friends and I have claimed once, I didn't get life time stupidly but I have now changed and its £16 a month Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

pet insurance - Who are you with for Pet Insurance Empty Re: Who are you with for Pet Insurance

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 17:47

I'm with direct line it's lifetime & £18.00 pm Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 17:49

i'm with pets at home for both the boys, costs me £27 a month for them altogether

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:22

Pets at Home for Both, just over £40 for the 2 of them lifetime cover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookie Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:28

Thanks for the information folks. My policy is with tescos and about to go up to approx £21. That's with limited coverage of £3000 per claim for a maximum of 12 months. Think I have a shop around. Pet Plan has come in at £17.62 with a similar plan but say they will not have large price hikes like Tesco come renewal time.

Sookie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:34

any reason for the price hike , did you have a big claim fear before last (apparently they go by the year before last claim and not the previous year)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookie Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:47

No not had anything, when I phoned up to cancel as price didn't change much they blamed on ever increasing number of claims. Etc.

Sookie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13 2013, 18:54

well for me the price went down a touch for Tommy and up a touch for Tilly ( or vice versa can't remember) but together worked out the same as last year, all limits etc the same the only main difference was that they have now imposed a 10% contribution to any claim but the cover level is very good at 9K per year for the lifetime of any condition , I couldn't find better

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Sat Jul 13 2013, 19:12

I'm with More Than and it costs me £13 a month.
This is the lifetime policy (which you need to make sure you have, as it will cover illnesses for a lifetime, not just that specific year).
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jul 13 2013, 21:12

We have insured Rocky with Argos Pet Insurance on a Lifetime policy. The premium is £19.00 per month.

We were previously with PetPlan who wanted £22.50 per month for the same cover.

With Argos we went for the Platinum Policy which should pay out £7,000 in vet fees, £2 Million in 3rd Party Liability and with £65 excess per incident.

Recently made a claim for his cut foot couldn't fault them for paying out very quickly (within a week of them receiving the claim form from the vet)

Hope this helps.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jul 13 2013, 21:36

You may find this forum section of use, all about insurance:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f28-staffordshire-bull-terrier-pet-insurance
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Jul 13 2013, 21:51

direct line for marley and john lewis for laska. had a check about the other week as marley is up for renewal. get this, £19 for him if i carry on with same policy, yet if i take out a new one on the web with him and laska its £15... pays to move about each year if you can as an initial quote will be much less than a renewal one.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14 2013, 04:47

definitely shop around, I rang up pets at home and sweet talked them into giving me a discount Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14 2013, 08:19

Nathan wrote:direct line for marley and john lewis for laska. had a check about the other week as marley is up for renewal. get this, £19 for him if i carry on with same policy, yet if i take out a new one on the web with him and laska its £15... pays to move about each year if you can as an initial quote will be much less than a renewal one.

Definitely right with this , only for me to maintain similar quote levels and cover levels I soon realised PAH was my only realistic option , no better levels without silly prices and at similar prices there was just no comparison in cover offered

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:31

Have moved this thread to Staffy Pet Insurance.

Hope you can get some cover sorted soon, good luck.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Sun Jul 14 2013, 13:33

ella wrote:definitely shop around, I rang up pets at home and sweet talked them into giving me a discount Big Grin

I done the exact same with More Than, in my first year I paid £13, then it bumped up to £17 in my second year/renewal. I then rang them and said I was going elsewhere so they switched me back onto the £13 a month. Result!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by lizanne71 Sun Jul 14 2013, 14:53

Thanks I found this helpful as I am looking for insurance just now, I have just adopted my wee staffy, all the prices I have seen so far are £22 to £27 and am definitely going for life time though seems the best one
lizanne71
lizanne71
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Star
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum