Feedind and Exercise

Go down

Feedind and Exercise Empty Feedind and Exercise

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 11:52

Hope this is in the right place Smile

How long after exercise do you leave till you feed your dogs?

We're going to a meet with lots of dogs on saturday so Boris will be charging round for a couple of hours. Because of his low glucose levels I have to make sure he gets enough fuel in him. Ordinarily I just wouldn't feed him till the evening, but I haven't got a choice so will have to feed him before and after.

I'm going to feed him about 7am, we'll set off about 9.30 and the meet is 11am. The walk usually lasts about 2 hours. I'm going to take some honey to give him after the walk just to give him a bit of a boost but then I'll need to get some carbs down him.

The drive home is about 1 1/4 hours + he usually sleeps all the way home. So do you think him resting for about 1 1/2 hours after all that charging about is enough time to then be able to feed him? I've never really had to plan like this before Laughing

Thank you xxx

Back to top Go down

Feedind and Exercise Empty Re: Feedind and Exercise

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 11:54

Two hours is plenty, Tracey, and I'd leave him to settle for half an hour or so once you get back in.

Why not take a couple of things with you just to boost his energy levels? Some carrot or fruit might do the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 11:56

Agree with Caryll sounds like the timeline will work. Nothing wrong with having snacks on hand as well just in case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 11:57

Hope you have a good time - I'll catch up with the pics - there had better be loads!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 12:06

Thanks both xxx

I wouldn't dare come back with no piccies Caryll lol xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 24 2013, 12:09

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content