ears pinned on top of head.. help please ?

2 posters

Go down

ears - ears pinned on top of head.. help please ? Empty ears pinned on top of head.. help please ?

Post by tracey1991 Sun Mar 04 2012, 15:39

i have recently ggot a 10 month old staffy cross but is more like a staffy she was mistreated in her old home and is scared of everything i have young children who she seems to get on well with as she came from a home with young children .. but recently she been staring at me with her ears pinned to the top of her head is this anything to be worried about or am i just being paranoid shes a lovely girl but its just the way she makes me feel as she also gets jelous when im with my partner n climbs over us for attention .
tracey1991
tracey1991
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : rogue
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

ears - ears pinned on top of head.. help please ? Empty Re: ears pinned on top of head.. help please ?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 15:47

Hi & welcome.

She doesn't know the boundaries.

You'll need to put in some consistent training to not only make sure she behaves herself, but so that she knows the rules. Dogs respond best to firm & consistent training.

If she jumps all over you when you don't want her to, tell her "no" and make her get down. Keep your voice firm, but level. Try not to shout & give her a treat when she does as she's told.

To be honest, she sounds very anxious. She has fixated on you because you have been kind to her, but everybody in the house needs to be involved with the training, and any jealous behaviour needs to be nipped in the bud.

She will settle down, but she may take a bit of time.

Back to top Go down

ears - ears pinned on top of head.. help please ? Empty Re: ears pinned on top of head.. help please ?

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 04 2012, 15:51

Hi, Please check the link below this help with identifying your dogs body language.

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/dogbodylanguage.html
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 00:09

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. Agree with the above. Just be patient and consistant and she will come around

Back to top Go down

Post by tracey1991 Wed Mar 07 2012, 01:34

thanks i have started training her and she has really came around shes a big softy Smile x
tracey1991
tracey1991

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : rogue
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down