Molly what have you done?

3 posters

Go down

Molly what have you done? Empty Molly what have you done?

Post by johneva Mon Sep 26 2011, 09:52

So annoied with Molly, we went out on Saturday for a few hours to go shopping an left her in her create as we normally do an Molly has decided she dont like the way she looks again, and scratched her face so much round her lips it went red roar and swelled up making her look like a chipmunk.

So used an ice pack to reduce the swelling went to the shop and got some Nurofen for babies to help reduce swelling and reduce the pain, then kept treating it with Sudocrem, its been left to dryout now without Sudocrem and need to keep a keen eye on it for infection, its looking so much better already but gonna be a while before she is back to normal now.

She has done it before to the back of her ear scratched so much it took all the hair off and was red roar and bleeding. So we went through a stage of having to leave her with a collar on whenever she was left unattended. We just thought she was doing so well at leaving her unatended without collar and even just in the front room out of her cage at night then she does this.

We used to think it was allergy but not so sure anymore as she only does it when left alone so think its more separation anxiety now to be honest. She does scratch a little when we are around but not much really and its normally rubbing where she has already scrached so its already sore and dry.
johneva
johneva
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Molly what have you done? Empty Re: Molly what have you done?

Post by janey Mon Sep 26 2011, 09:59

Poor Molly, silly girl!

Not the same but my my niece does this too, when my brother puts her to bed she will scratch at her face, now the doctors don't think its ecxsma (sp) so they don't know how treat it other than put gloves on her when she is asleep. Its a shame you can't do that to Molly. I hope it heals, what can you do to stop her though? x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Sep 26 2011, 10:35

I am sure it will heal ok as I say she has done much the same before to her ear and she has scratched her face before to just not this bad on her face before.

But thats the problem it what can we do as a long term resolution to the problem leaving her with a cone is not a long term resolution, just only thing that works at the in. Sad
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 12:26

Seperation anxiety is a hard one since we all have to leave them sometimes. The only think I can think of is to hope she outgrows it. In the meantime if she is exersised before you go out she is more likely to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Sep 26 2011, 12:42

She is always exersiced in the morning we go out at 6am every morning to exersice both dogs, though Duke dont need much at the min but Molly gets plenty of running round at the park playing fetch, even now its dark an we can barley see anything lol.

She is generally quite good really, me an the other half are both in full time work so they go 7 hours a day 5 days a week on their own while we are at work, sometimes mum pops round to visit them and break up the day.

We are also moving soon to somewhere that my work will be literally a couple of mins away, so I will be able to pop home for hours lunch every day too.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 12:48

Coming home for lunch should help. I'm lucky that my OH is able to be around most of the time. Feel bad that I can't give some advice that will help but all of mine have been bascially okay on their own.

Back to top Go down

Post by ash_staffy Tue Sep 27 2011, 22:18

id say she is sulking that you arnt there ive seen it on animal programs were a parot would pull it feathers out because it missed its owner

ash_staffy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down