Skin & Fur ....

3 posters

Go down

Skin & Fur .... Empty Skin & Fur ....

Post by hollymolly Fri Sep 23 2011, 18:15

Can any of you knowledgable people please give me some clue's to what is going on with Inca's fur near her tail and her skin aswell.... She has recently been to the vets about the fur lose on her tail and she was put back on her Panomec (which is actually a cattle wormer) !!! but she was on it at the start of this yr due to Demodex Mange (mites) and it worked a treat and got her fur back in A1 condition and she has been fine ever since... Until abit of fur lose appeared on her tail and as a precaution her vet put her back on Panomec about 2wks ago but av recently noticed thinning fur patches on the side of her right back leg and her skin is very flaky aswell.
Skin & Fur .... 2011-09-23162314
Skin & Fur .... 2011-09-23162220
Skin & Fur .... 2011-09-23162201
Skin & Fur .... 2011-09-23161845

She has a raw diet and is fit & healthy otherwise... and i am taking her the vets one day next week to see what they say but i thought i would ask all you fantastic staffy owners just in case some of you can give me some clue's to what i can do ... I have tried Bepanthem...Canestan(my vet said that's good for anti-fungal conditions)..skin conditioning spray from the vets but it just duzn't seem to help her little bits of dry skin...

Help if you can peeps ...
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Skin & Fur .... Empty Re: Skin & Fur ....

Post by janey Fri Sep 23 2011, 18:33

Automatically I would say its Demodex Mange reccuring, with my first she suffered from it something dreadfull. But she just appeared to grow out of it, after numerous skin scrapes and even a skin sample done as know treatment seemed to work. So no I'm not much help really, other than keep treating it and it will clear up, eventually Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Fri Sep 23 2011, 18:59

Its just so frustrating though Janey as she suffered MONTHS of reaccuring Demodex Mange an Ringworm (at the same time sometimes)... I honestly thought we were free from it and am so dissapointed (for her mainly) if he say's its definitely come back AGAIN !!!!!.... But if it is Mange then i will fight it all the way again to get my liitle princess looking and feeling 100%...

Thanx for the comment though Janey x
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Sep 23 2011, 23:45

It could be the deaded mange again has your vet not advised you to use advocate or stronghold worm/flea/mites all in one to protect her from it coming back.
She may be a sensitive girl and it could be a touch of eczma or even a hormonal problem
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Sat Sep 24 2011, 14:09

No my vet hasn't mentioned anything about advocate or stronghold but av heard of that advocate, what exactly does it do and could it really stop Inca from getting mange again ??...

Also i thought recently it could be eczema but am not really sure what to look for and i never thought of a hormonal problem .. Like what ??

Deffo go bring up my concerns with me vet next week though ..
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Sep 24 2011, 22:46

Hi sue
As far as I know all dogs do have certain amounts of the mange mite most dogs imuneity control them but some do reinfest as its almost impossible for your dog to be totally free its not just the mites themselves its the allergy because of them.
Advocate (google it, is a monthly spot on treatment that keeps them at bay so stops the infestation and keeps them under control as they develope they are killed. It doesnt mean that you need to use them all the time when you see the early signs as you have posted you could put some on instead of constant vet visits see how you go.
Dogs can get eczma but its very flakey then red and usually in the creases like armpits .
Some bitches hormones go up and down that usually starts with them being uncomfortable, itchy and biting there backend.
Only the vet can say exactly whats going on but if it is the mites again its no use just treating them she needs something to help herkeep them away. Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Sat Sep 24 2011, 23:09

Hey Gem ... thanx for the brill advice and like you say if it's deffo mites then am gunna make sure i get some of that Advocate to help her keep them at bay...

Thanx again applause
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down