When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear?

+11
annieher
Sharleen&Tank
Louise C
Louise
ILovePrince
samandpebbles
nic01354
mika03
youngkaiser
janey
Steve
15 posters

Go down

When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket28%When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket 28% 
[ 19 ]
When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket41%When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket 41% 
[ 28 ]
When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket6%When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket 6% 
[ 4 ]
When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket12%When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket 12% 
[ 8 ]
When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket13%When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Pbucket 13% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 68

When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Empty When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear?

Post by Steve Tue Oct 26 2010, 10:58

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Empty Re: When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 11:32

Obviously illness, but I chose theft because Bull Terriers are a prime target in this area. They're used as bait dogs or as breeders to be crossed with staffords/pit bulls.

Back to top Go down

When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Empty Re: When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 11:36

This is a hard one because obviously all the above are worries but i think ill go for.....Ty its getting lost he's such a sensitive dog so loving and almost nervous to please (i think its coz he's rescue) i dont think he would cope Crying or Very sad and kaos it would be if Ty got lost lol coz he wouldnt no what to do with himself lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 12:27

getting injured or been stolen would be my biggest fear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 13:37

all of the above but gettin stolen is top of the list becouse of his colour and the only other blue in the area being targeted three times

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 26 2010, 13:45

bigwazza wrote:all of the above but gettin stolen is top of the list becouse of his colour and the only other blue in the area being targeted three times

That must be quite a worry!

For me its all the above but she's not herself at the mo because of her change in routin! Hoping she adjusts soon. Straight Face
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26 2010, 14:34

Any of the above that are out of my control...the unhappiness I can change and make sure he ends up happy but if he got lost or was so ill I couldnt help it.....I would be deverstated

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:46

God its all of these really i fear them all id hate it if he got lost id worry about where he was if he waqs on his own who was looking after him if id ever get him back such a hard choice to pick
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by mika03 Sun Oct 31 2010, 18:41

all of the above but stolen i reckon just because of her colour i thin a lot of staffs here and all breeding together its a joke and some people are just in it for the money which is a joke fetching up to 5 hundred pound the other day i seen in the paper did not even look like a pure staff they said they were blue but to be honest they were black i think they must be colour blind .
mika03
mika03
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : mika
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by nic01354 Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:22

God what an awful subject! All of it is a worry - even the fact that she will prob only live for 13 more years! Im such a worrier! Im trying to give her the best life possible!!
nic01354
nic01354
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 4.4
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:33

Just looked at the options and thinking theft now. Went to blow my nose come back and someone not naming any names Blue!!! had eaten my nann bread

Back to top Go down

Post by nic01354 Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:43

Ha Ha thats hilarious!!!
nic01354
nic01354

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 4.4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01 2010, 21:49

ha ha rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by samandpebbles Sat Nov 06 2010, 15:52

My biggest fear is waking up in the morning to find pebbles has passed away in her sleep. This happened with our cat and the thought it could happen again really scares me.
samandpebbles
samandpebbles
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 15:29

I'm terrified of him getting into a fight and doing some serious damage to another dog he's twice as tall as a staff and he weighs more than one at a year old, im scared he's going to get taken away from me for his aggression, my family call me cruel because i keep him on a lead but if i dont have confidence in a dog they don't come off the lead unless in a secure area like my allotments. I do feel sorry for him though because i know its my fault for his behaviour because i didn't train him and keep at it while busy with other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 15:49

MissRogue wrote:I'm terrified of him getting into a fight and doing some serious damage to another dog he's twice as tall as a staff and he weighs more than one at a year old, im scared he's going to get taken away from me for his aggression, my family call me cruel because i keep him on a lead but if i dont have confidence in a dog they don't come off the lead unless in a secure area like my allotments. I do feel sorry for him though because i know its my fault for his behaviour because i didn't train him and keep at it while busy with other things.

Your doing the right thing by keeping him on a lead absolutley! For his own sake and everyone elses. He's never to old to take him back to basics though if u can and reintroduce him to dogs the right way etc.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 16:10

blaze666 wrote:
MissRogue wrote:I'm terrified of him getting into a fight and doing some serious damage to another dog he's twice as tall as a staff and he weighs more than one at a year old, im scared he's going to get taken away from me for his aggression, my family call me cruel because i keep him on a lead but if i dont have confidence in a dog they don't come off the lead unless in a secure area like my allotments. I do feel sorry for him though because i know its my fault for his behaviour because i didn't train him and keep at it while busy with other things.

Your doing the right thing by keeping him on a lead absolutley! For his own sake and everyone elses. He's never to old to take him back to basics though if u can and reintroduce him to dogs the right way etc.....

well said blaze he still a young dog and he can deff be brought back into line with a little bit work

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Sat Feb 05 2011, 06:29

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 18:14; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state
Dogs Name(s) : POP
Dog Gender(s) : BOO

Back to top Go down

Post by ILovePrince Sat Feb 05 2011, 06:31

Last edited by ILovePrince on Sun May 29 2022, 18:15; edited 1 time in total

ILovePrince

Status Status :

Other / Decline to state
Dogs Name(s) : POP
Dog Gender(s) : BOO

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Fri Apr 08 2011, 11:35

All of above, BUT
I have a phobia of toads and I get a bit over protected of Saffy & Pingu...
One time Saffy ran to far in the backyard at night, I didn't go after her because I was terrified and I panicked and called her back, she came to me with a frothy mouth..... this was about 8 weeks old... Sad
Ever since then I try to cover every toad hole, search the yard for toads, and I now have a 3m x 3m pen for Saffy & Pingu to pee in which is 1m high and no toad can squeeze into. I also carry them into it, luckily Saffy is a small staffy weighing 14kg(30lbs) at 11months and probably fully grown(hopefully).
I know I'm a little bit overprotective about toads, but since I'm the care taker and they are my responsibility.... plus I have had nightmares of toads since I was little.... it makes life a little more easier if I know my pups are safe. Smile

Last edited by Louise on Thu Aug 11 2011, 06:36; edited 3 times in total
Louise
Louise

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy the Staffordshire Bull Terrier & Pingu the Miniature Fox Terrier X Jack Russell.
Dog Gender(s) : Saffy + Female | Pingu = Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Apr 08 2011, 13:51

All of them, but theft I do worry about a lot, as I couldn't bear he thouh of her being treated curely. I would hope I could soemthing to change the other things.
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharleen&Tank Tue Apr 12 2011, 22:45

All of the above Sad But he is safe right now!
Sharleen&Tank
Sharleen&Tank

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tank
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12 2011, 23:36

All of the above! I don't want to think about any of this!!

Back to top Go down

Post by annieher Mon Aug 01 2011, 11:42

two things really...one is that he'll be stolen and the other is that he'll get out when I'm not home. He's a typical Staffy...thinks every human is his friend and wants to play but is not fond of anything else with 4 legs. He's micro-chipped and would have his collar with his rego on but it's the trouble he could get into that frightens me.
annieher
annieher

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bundy
Dog Gender(s) : male desexed
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 15:09

I thought about it and I chose theft because if Saxon was stolen it would probably be for fighting and I know he would be terrible at it because he loves everything with a beating heart and that means he would end up being used as bait/training. I don't even want to think about my sweet little love in that position!!

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Aug 01 2011, 15:12

Hard one to decide on really when I am away from Molly I am often worried that something could go wrong: Illness or theft, then when I am with her and she is playing injury. More so when playing near water or where there are quite big drops.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 16:14

I would hate any of the above but I voted theft. To have your precious fur baby stolen.. and not know where he was, would be my worst nightmare. I would rather find Jethro ( or Winston ) lying dead on the road .. at least you know what has happened to them. ( But I hope I never ever do find them like that !! ) Just thinking about any of it, makes me feel ill......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 17:42

everything on that list! .. but i voted injury as thats how my previous staffy left us Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by annieher Mon Aug 01 2011, 23:29

CatStina wrote:I thought about it and I chose theft because if Saxon was stolen it would probably be for fighting and I know he would be terrible at it because he loves everything with a beating heart and that means he would end up being used as bait/training. I don't even want to think about my sweet little love in that position!!

That is exactly my fear when it comes to Bundy and theft. Bundy thinks every human is a potential playmate and to think of him being used as fodder in some training ring, makes me feel sick with fear. I would like to use those humans (and I use the term loosely!) as training fodder for man-eating lions!!
annieher
annieher

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bundy
Dog Gender(s) : male desexed
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 11:47

All of the aboove but the biggest fear is illness. I would hate to have to watch Suki waste away in pain. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 13:20

I struggled between illness & theft (especially as I have already had dogs stolen and believe me that is not easy to get your head around). angry broken heart
In the end I chose illness, because it's hard enough when they lose their sight and hearing and maybe even a little of their memory, but if Kita has to go through a terrible illness as well, I really don't think I'll be able to cope.
If Izzy became unwell at this point in time with Kita aging like she is, then neither of us will cope or will Kita as she suffers separation anxiety badly enough when Izzy goes for a long walk. We could never replace Izzy, but we know Kita won't cope on her own, yet we can't even think about adding another dog to the dimensions anymore as Kita is just too old.
I pray that my old darling girl slips quietly away to sleep with me by her side, then it's only me having to deal with separation anxiety broken heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 14:17

Dogalogs88 wrote:I struggled between illness & theft (especially as I have already had dogs stolen and believe me that is not easy to get your head around). angry broken heart
In the end I chose illness, because it's hard enough when they lose their sight and hearing and maybe even a little of their memory, but if Kita has to go through a terrible illness as well, I really don't think I'll be able to cope.
If Izzy became unwell at this point in time with Kita aging like she is, then neither of us will cope or will Kita as she suffers separation anxiety badly enough when Izzy goes for a long walk. We could never replace Izzy, but we know Kita won't cope on her own, yet we can't even think about adding another dog to the dimensions anymore as Kita is just too old.
I pray that my old darling girl slips quietly away to sleep with me by her side, then it's only me having to deal with separation anxiety broken heart

>Big Grin< XXXXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sat Feb 18 2012, 17:29

All of these but I chose theft because of not knowing what my dogs were being subjcted to and because Casey especially could be used for dog fighting and I couldnt bear that! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Millie and Casey
Dog Gender(s) : Both girls
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19 2012, 00:19

Lozza yes I agree entirely. I have always said to Tony I would rather see my 2 dead on the side of the road ( for example, and I hope and pray that would NEVER happen! ) because you know where they are and what happened. To have your pet stolen...and never know where they are , or what is happening to them would just be horrific..you could never get closure and would always be wondering..and my heart goes out to people who have suffered this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Sun Feb 19 2012, 00:42

Theft, because I KNOW he'd be used in a fighting ring.
My little man doesn't deserve that.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
When thinking about your dog, what is your greatest fear? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Sun Feb 19 2012, 15:06

Same here vanessa.

I know a woman who had rescued a bull terrier from a bad life. It was a lovely dog. The woman is in the army but whilst she was back home she took the dog fo a walk. Unfortunately he jumped into the river and was swept away. They looked for him for days orgnaising huge search parties when one person said they had seen the dog donw the river. They found the dog. It was dead but they were relived to have found it instead of not knowing what was happening to it. So terrible Crying or Very sad
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey Wed Feb 22 2012, 13:05

yeah i chose theft because A) shes a staffy and we get the less then savory characters round her who use them as status dogs and worse, and B) shes quite nice looking and v friendly, anyone could walk of with her and she would only be too happy to go with them!!
Joey
Joey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : J.D, Rosie, Lottie and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : 7, 4 ,4, 2
Dog Gender(s) : male, female, female, female
Support total : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:24

vanessa wrote:
Dogalogs88 wrote:I pray that my old darling girl slips quietly away to sleep with me by her side, then it's only me having to deal with separation anxiety broken heart

>Big Grin< XXXXXX

Another hug on it's way , that put a lump in my throat >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:29

All of the above really. But mostly, it would be Monty running on the main road and getting hit by a car. I live on the main road, a busy one. Although he is never off the lead when leaving the house (or anywhere really, I'm not brave enough yet), I remember when my staffy, Ben, years ago, I had him off a lead, but he was very good at recall (thinking back, my Ben was such a clever, smart and intelligent dog Sad ), he was running down a hill which was on our way home, that then came onto the main road .. the hill was so steep, he didn't have enough grip to stop, so he went straight out on the road and under a car. I think I must have been about 12. I screamed to the high heavans, swore at my neighbor when she asked was he ok, and couldn't forgive myself .. I still remember the noise when he went under the car :'(

He was ok though : ) He survived. No broken bones, just a few scratches.

I miss my staffy Ben, he was amazing. Stipid bloody slug pellets in the garden finished off what was a perfectly healthy, fit looking dog Sad

Love and miss you Ben xxxxx

Wow I can't believe my eyes have filled up with tears Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Wed Feb 22 2012, 22:46

R.I.P Ben! My Grandma's collie went in nearly the same fashion. Sam was having a lovely walk and the council had put down some sort of poisonous chemical without warning anyone and it killed Sam! :'( You're nt alone there Maria. I bet he was a gorgeous dog!

Hey Jo, we always say that if there was a burgular (Casey sleeps downstairs doesnt like sleeping upstairs) she would point them to where the money was and watch them take it and close the door behind them! Wink big soft lump!

ME TOO DOGALOGS, THAT BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE! MORE HUGS! >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 23:04

standupforstaffies123 wrote:R.I.P Ben! My Grandma's collie went in nearly the same fashion. Sam was having a lovely walk and the council had put down some sort of poisonous chemical without warning anyone and it killed Sam! :'( You're nt alone there Maria. I bet he was a gorgeous dog!

Hey Jo, we always say that if there was a burgular (Casey sleeps downstairs doesnt like sleeping upstairs) she would point them to where the money was and watch them take it and close the door behind them! Wink big soft lump!

ME TOO DOGALOGS, THAT BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE! MORE HUGS! >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

The weirdest thing was this :

Ben had a lovely kennel out the garden that my grandad built from his carpentry skills. It was amazing. The night before, I drew a picture of bens kennel with me and him in the picture, and I pinned it up inside the wall of the kennel Sad I remember the following day, I was kept in my room, not allowed to come out ... I knew something was up with the dog. When he was removed from the kennel, out of the house, my dad later on told me the sad news, but he sat me down, with a pen and paper ... Wrote down the following word .. DOG .. And told me 'say it backwards, and that's who Ben is with now'. :,(

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Wed Feb 22 2012, 23:09

Awwww Maria, I really feel for you, I would be devastated, I wasonly young and didnt know Sam too well, I was just a baby but its stil sad hearing about it. Love Struck
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 23:13

They become a big part of our life and routine, I will cherish Monty right to the end Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by standupforstaffies123 Thu Feb 23 2012, 20:15

They certainly do! Thats the plan for Millie, enjoy them and make sure they have the best life you can offer!!! Love Struck
standupforstaffies123
standupforstaffies123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down