stop the begging without putting her in another room?

Go down

stop the begging without putting her in another room? Empty stop the begging without putting her in another room?

Post by kenziie Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:00

how can i get control over her and make her go lay down away from where we eat without chucking her into another room or into the garden
kenziie
kenziie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miya
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

stop the begging without putting her in another room? Empty Re: stop the begging without putting her in another room?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:04

If she has a bed in the room where you are eating or anything, say the words go lie down and take her to the bed, then give the command lie down and keep at it, until it sticks really, of course she has to learn the basic command slike lie down/stay etc first so she knows what you are talking about etc

Back to top Go down

stop the begging without putting her in another room? Empty Re: stop the begging without putting her in another room?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:29

you better get useed to cold teas lol you got to do as above and keep on with it theres no good just sitting and eating as she will just carry on begging and will never learn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:38

we just ignore lemmy and he soon gets bored and lies down. not easy to ignore him though cos we have a glass table so we end up shifting the plates now and again so we cant see his face LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 23:49

You could certainly move her into a seperate room when you eat but that won't entirely solve the problem. Puppies need alot of training and everyone in the household or around the dog has to be consistant. Start with the basics and keep the sessions short 10-15 minutes a few times a day. She seems to be food motivated so use treats to get her attention and reward her and then gradually reduce the number of treats once she gets the hang of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:12

MissRogue wrote:If she has a bed in the room where you are eating or anything, say the words go lie down and take her to the bed, then give the command lie down and keep at it, until it sticks really, of course she has to learn the basic command slike lie down/stay etc first so she knows what you are talking about etc

That's the way I'd do it, but it won't be an overnight 'fix'. I teach my dogs to lie down when we eat to start with, then as soon as they've got that, I teach them "head". I gently push their head down to the floor while saying "Head" - they get it after a while - so that when we eat I say "Down" and then "Head" and they lie on the floor with their head down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:29

thats what we do with Billy, when we are eating we say bed and off he goes and lays down,

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 11:35

Please don't forget, though, that your pup is still very young. If you try to teach her too many things all at once, you'll do her head in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down