barking....................at nothing!

+2
janey
richyboy111
6 posters

Go down

barking....................at nothing! Empty barking....................at nothing!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:31

now in all of woodys's 18 months he has whimpered whined and had an attempt at a bark that appeared as a squeak! now he has just gone in the garden and done a none stop barking frenzy for an hour, ive been out - nothing in sight. he is barking and fixated on the same spot and wont be coaxed from his position, even the fail safe pigs ear temptation didnt work. i hope its a one off and something has spooked him rather than the start of a noisy dog!

Back to top Go down

barking....................at nothing! Empty Re: barking....................at nothing!

Post by richyboy111 Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:40

blake never used to bark,then when he barked for the first time there was no stopping him..hes always barking now lol if ive got his toy and i wont give it to him he barks aswell

richyboy111
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blake
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

barking....................at nothing! Empty Re: barking....................at nothing!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:46

not the news i was looking for!!!!but surely they only need to bark for a reason like you having his toy???? he's stood looking at something i cant see!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:48

Moo barks sometimes, and when she does you know about it, 4am is a great time to be barking at the window! She'll go through phases of it, but usually she is a grunter or a squeaker!

Maybe you have ghosts in the garden Wink
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:53

janey wrote:Moo barks sometimes, and when she does you know about it, 4am is a great time to be barking at the window! She'll go through phases of it, but usually she is a grunter or a squeaker!

dont spook me as that thought did cross my mind! he was definitely fixated on something i couldnt see!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 19 2011, 18:56

It could have been anything.....................although they are supposed to have a sixth sense.....................................(joke Smile )

It was probably a looter or something Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 19:28

I may be in the minority here but I don't think that dogs will bark at nothing. They can hear and sense things that we can't. Not neccessarily suggesting anything supernatural but you never know. There are times Suki will start to growl and bark and I won't know why and withing 20 minutes or so there will be an earthquake or someone at the door or someother reason that will show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 19 2011, 19:38

Jstaff, Moo will literally bark at nothing! She doesn't do it very often, but there is honestly nothing there, fair play to Suki for the warning, and I do believe they can sense things we can't. Moo just likes to be a pain, she'll snuggle right up to me once she has woken me up! Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 19:38

no i think you may be right jstaff. there is defo summat up with him tonight, he's gone out agin barking at exactly the same spot. jusy spotted something in the bushes in the house at the back -think its some kind of plastic animal - he obviously thinks its real!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 19:44

nicolalouises wrote:no i think you may be right jstaff. there is defo summat up with him tonight, he's gone out agin barking at exactly the same spot. jusy spotted something in the bushes in the house at the back -think its some kind of plastic animal - he obviously thinks its real!

When Suki was a few months younger she would bark at the childrens ceramic see saws in the park. Espically the Panda Bear one that was about her size. I'm sure that me running ahead, hiding behind it and growling and barking encouraged her but still Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19 2011, 23:35

Vinnie does this .. he will go mental if the neighbours are hanging there washing out lol, if theres a bird in the tree, if theres a bird on the roof and the main one .. if theres a cat!.
But he will also bark at things such as, leaf falling from the tree, twigs falling of the tree and strange squeaks from the fence on a windy day.

Could be something he saw or heard before you went out and its startled him so his voicing his opinion! haha,

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Sat Aug 20 2011, 00:29

janey wrote:

We think Violet can see ghosts! Sometimes she just follows something around with her eyes, but theres nothing there - add that to the fact that we live in an old house, I'm a Hallowe'en baby, she's a Friday the 13th baby... skull
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 01:50

lemmy is 8 months and he can bark.........it used to be a yap but now he barks........usualy at the big vase on the floor and goes mental if the flowers in it move. theyre like our kids cant wait for them to walk and talk then spend years telling them to shut up and sit down

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Aug 20 2011, 14:34

jaleeson wrote: theyre like our kids cant wait for them to walk and talk then spend years telling them to shut up and sit down

Laughing never a truer word said!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 08:44

Milly barks if you wont open the door to let her see who is upstairs, she barks if you are in the bath honest she barks for nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 09:02

maybe it was the frog

Big Grin

the only thing billy barks at the moment is his boomer ball he hates it

Back to top Go down

Post by billysgirl Tue Aug 23 2011, 14:50

[quote="lynne"]maybe it was the frog

Laughing Laughing

billysgirl

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 16:39

lynne wrote:maybe it was the frog

Big Grin

the only thing billy barks at the moment is his boomer ball he hates it

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Aug 24 2011, 00:03

A dogs sences are so much better than ours so hes heard something especially if hes going to the same spot.
I can tell 20 mins before were having thunder my girl will start trying to hide and shaking then all of a sudden it comes Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 09:10

last night billy who never barks, got up and went into the hallway and barked a couple of times, we looked out the window but could not see anything, it was a bit scary cause we thought there might have been someone in the house but there wasn't

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Sep 06 2011, 20:22

milly barks when she can hear someone coming up the stairs.she will sit There on my bed with her eyes fixed waiting to see whos going to appear then she will jump down and fuss.we have noticed she barks more often when its my oh coming up the stairs Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down