Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob.

+2
Billybunter
Mistys Mum
6 posters

Go down

Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob. Empty Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob.

Post by Billybunter Mon Jul 01 2019, 16:31

Hi me and my wife have just got to the postion where we own our own home. We have now 2 young children and in a postion to take a dog. Me and my wife always said we would get a stafford and we did he is 12 week old and he is fab really good with the kid and very laid back. The problem is we choose to feed our dog a very high quality food Eden Holistic(would feed raw if we had the space and time and the risk to the little ones). She contiues to carry on. About the food and says it just dog food. She buys her dog food at the local BM Bargins it’s called breeder pack and it cost 8.99 for 15kg. Thinks we are wasting our money on such a food as eden. She thinks her dogs are all in good condition on it but it actully quite the oppesite. Her dogs coats are terrible and everyone of them is over weight. She callls me a dog food snob. How can i tell her nicely?

Billybunter
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob. Empty Re: Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob.

Post by Mistys Mum Mon Jul 01 2019, 18:01

There is a great dog food site where you can find out exactly what is in dog food. I think it's called all about dog food. There are other posts on here that talk about it. It's shocking some of the ingredients they put into dog food. Even the well known brand leaders are full of filler and junk. Until we got Misty I just thought pedigree chum was a great food...

I completely believe food affects behaviour as well as the physical.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob. B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob. Empty Re: Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob.

Post by Billybunter Mon Jul 01 2019, 18:27

Mistys Mum wrote:There is a great dog food site where you can find out exactly what is in dog food. I think it's called all about dog food. There are other posts on here that talk about it. It's shocking some of the ingredients they put into dog food. Even the well known brand leaders are full of filler and junk. Until we got Misty I just thought pedigree chum was a great food...

I completely believe food affects behaviour as well as the physical.
I know about the website thats how I know I am feeding my boy the best I did probably 10 years research

Sent from Topic'it App

Billybunter

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Mon Jul 01 2019, 20:06

Congratulations! You've obviously done your research and yes, Eden IS a good food.

Don't worry about what other people say or feed. It's your dog & you want the best for him!

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Jul 01 2019, 20:39

You stick to feeding your boy the best you can, I doubt you would be able to persuade your mother in law otherwise! You know you are doing your best by him Big Grin

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Billybunter Mon Jul 01 2019, 21:10

Problem is because the food is expensive she thinks that we are taking away from her grandchildren’s to feed the dog. We have tried to explain that even when he is fully grown it will cost less than £1 a day to feed him.

Sent from Topic'it App

Billybunter

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MartP Mon Jul 01 2019, 21:21

IMO you've got to do the best by your dog, as the ladies say above. I started PJ with Tails, online 'targeted' food which was ok but I read had cheap ingredients after a while - now changed to PERO Premium Puppy - her coat's amazing and she's got a wet nose and bright eyes so I'm happy that she's happy. I do add about a desert spoon of Wainrights turkey and rice tinned puppy food just to add a little extra.

One thing I also like about the PERO is that her stools are pretty easy to pick up lol Big Grin

On sale at the moment but usually about £29 for an 8kg bag...

Mother inlaw thinks im a dog food snob. B310

MartP
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Male
Your Country : Australia
Dogs Name(s) : PJ
Dog(s) Ages : 05.04.2019
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Jul 01 2019, 22:03

Are you starving your children to feed the dog? No I didn't think so!!! Don't take any notice of your MIL she hasn't a clue!! You continue what you are doing to look after ALL your family Smile

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Archie&Jess Wed Jul 03 2019, 14:00

The best you can afford is the way to go. It’s not just about getting their tummies full. You are definitely doing the right thing. We fed Archie the food that the breeder was giving him. From the pet shop but bad quality. Archie had around 10 very soft almost runny stools a day and was not gaining any weight. Slowly introduced a much better quality food. As soon as he was only on the new food, his tummy settled and has been gaining weight ever since.
Archie&Jess
Archie&Jess

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down