Dog insurance

3 posters

Go down

Dog insurance Empty Dog insurance

Post by Gracie's Dad Sat Feb 02 2019, 15:55

Hi all I am new to this forum and looking at dog insurance for my Staffy puppy.

I have looked at some forums with people that have insured their pup/dog for many years and the price increases each year on renewal some owners becoming unable to continue the insurance as their dog reaches their elder years.

So, I have looked at a site called "Bought by many" they have a fixed for life policy where the price doesn’t increase over the years it looks good but my worry with this that the dog is insured for £7000 per condition so once the £7000 is used for that condition you no longer have cover for that condition.

Is £7000 per condition good?

Or is it better to take a life time policy where you get £7000 per year but the price will rise each year.

Are Staffy's prone to costly vet bills?

Can anyone give me advice on best insurance what is best fixed for life or lifetime insurance where policies can rise each year?

Gracie's Dad
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Dog insurance Empty Re: Dog insurance

Post by Jenc Sat Feb 02 2019, 21:09

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Dog insurance Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Dog insurance B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Feb 02 2019, 21:14

Hi from me & Katy, funnily enough I've just had Katy's renewal through & it's gone up again this year by £12. I've never made a claim! I saw a ad for bought by many so thought I would get a quote, they are more than the renewal quote! I think I'm just going to put money aside myself rather than pay through the nose!!

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Dog insurance B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Feb 02 2019, 22:08

Animal Friends seem a good one. My friend has used them for about 5 years & never had a problem, despite claiming around £1500.

Although the renewal quotes were slightly higher this year (the dog has reached 9 years old) it was only by about £5 per month. The only problem is that they don't cover dental work.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2019, 08:09

£7,000 per condition should cover you for the all but the worst. Clearly you can get conditions that go above that but I don't think you can cover for everything.

I have to say, a policy that fixes the premium for life sounds good - do check what it does and doesn't cover, though. It does rather make me ask how come they can offer this when others don't.

For the record, we have stopped all but a very basic accident insurance (Animal Friends) and 3rd party through Dogs Trust membership. For the rest, we self insure by putting aside the money we would otherwise have paid to insurance. This was in large part driven by Nola's escalating premium as she was hitting the old dog rates. Even after Chaos's ops a couple of years back we are on top. It's a risk but one we're now happy with.

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sun Feb 03 2019, 12:54

I suppose it comes down to whether you want to risk a big veterinary bill before you've saved up enough!

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie's Dad Sun Feb 03 2019, 15:06

Thanks all that have replied and @LizP I am the same wondering why can they offer something that others cant or dont offer. I am great believer in if its to good to be true it probably is not true. lol

Gracie's Dad

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum