10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Go down

10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Tue Oct 30 2018, 10:10

G'day!

Amber is now 10 months old. She's a purebred staff (fully registered) and one of the 11 her mom gave birth to!

Amber weighs a lean 17 Kgs. She's not chubby at all and the vet seems happy with her weight. She has a well defined waist and I can easily feel her ribs.

Her weight as a puppy is already over the standard breed weight and she's already at 13 inches at withers.

Anyone have a similar puppy? I'm looking for ownership experiences with similar staffs. Did the weight cause problems? If she continues to fill out as all staffs do till they are two years old... What kind of top end weight am I looking at?

Food: She eats 300 g of Taste of the wild Salmon puppy food. (As mentioned in feeding guide).





avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by gillybrent on Tue Oct 30 2018, 13:11

Her weight looks good, but she certainly is a big 'un! She's just going to be big.

Did you see her parents & siblings? Were they also big?

Your only real roblem is if you wanted to show her, she' d be too big for the show ring, otherwise, don't worry about it!

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Age : 52
Join date : 2014-03-21
Support total : 290
Posts : 1495

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Mistys Mum on Tue Oct 30 2018, 13:26

Oh she is adorable Love Struck Love Struck


Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

avatar
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Age : 39
Location : Surrey
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2015-04-02
Support total : 493
Posts : 2432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:15

gillybrent wrote:Her weight looks good, but she certainly is a big 'un! She's just going to be big.

Did you see her parents & siblings? Were they also big?

Your only real roblem is if you wanted to show her, she' d be too big for the show ring, otherwise, don't worry about it!

She does seem like a big one. Surprising considering she's among the runts of that huge litter.
What really threw me off was that she seemed to tower over a 2 yr old intact male that looked like a little muscular square tank next to her.

Dad's an Aussie champion and a diesel. Mom's a decent sized staff.
Here's Amber's dad as a 10 month old puppy:


Not really planning to show her. But, I don't know what the future may hold.
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:20

Mistys Mum wrote:Oh she is adorable Love Struck Love Struck

Thank you! Misty's quite a looker herself.
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Nifty staffy on Tue Oct 30 2018, 14:44

Oh my, isn’t she a pretty young lady ! Love Struck

Nifty was weighing in at just a touch over 17kgs at 10 months too.
She’s just weighed in at 17.7kgs and roughly 40cms so about 15.5 inches at 18 months ...
Obviously oversized by breed standards, her parents are big and stocky too.
No showing or breeding for us so we really don’t care.
They just need to stay happy and healthy Wink


Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

avatar
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2017-05-26
Support total : 171
Posts : 1277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by gillybrent on Tue Oct 30 2018, 18:36

Dad does look big, but not huge. Gorgeous, though, as is Amber. Love Struck

I think you'll just have to wait & see - she may not grow much more in height, in which case there's no problem.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Age : 52
Join date : 2014-03-21
Support total : 290
Posts : 1495

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Jenc on Tue Oct 30 2018, 19:50

She is gorgeous, I can't say about size as my girl is way over breed standard Love Struck


Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

avatar
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Age : 46
Location : Sedlescombe
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2013-01-30
Support total : 699
Posts : 5255

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Wed Oct 31 2018, 00:01

Nifty staffy wrote:Oh my, isn’t she a pretty young lady ! Love Struck

Nifty was weighing in at just a touch over 17kgs at 10 months too.
She’s just weighed in at 17.7kgs and roughly 40cms so about 15.5 inches at 18 months ...
Obviously oversized by breed standards, her parents are big and stocky too.
No showing or breeding for us so we really don’t care.
They just need to stay happy and healthy Wink

Nifty is beautiful. Seems like Amber will be a big one just like her.
I was worried about the effects of holding that much lean mass on young joints. As long as Amber is healthy and bouncing around.. I am happy!
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Wed Oct 31 2018, 00:03

gillybrent wrote:Dad does look big, but not huge. Gorgeous, though, as is Amber. Love Struck

I think you'll just have to wait & see - she may not grow much more in height, in which case there's no problem.

It does look like she's done growing upwards. She is very lean though and is not stocky at all. I guess we'll just wait and see how she does at filling out.
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Wed Oct 31 2018, 00:04

Jenc wrote:She is gorgeous, I can't say about size as my girl is way over breed standard Love Struck

Thank you! As long as they're happy and healthy.. no worries.
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Nifty staffy on Wed Oct 31 2018, 04:46

Amber's Dad wrote:.
I was worried about the effects of holding that much lean mass on young joints.

I can understand your concern but judging by the photos you’ve posted, I can’t see how it can be a problem in your case. She’s just bigger than some so might weigh in a bit more. Wink
I’d be more concerned about joint effects from inappropriate/too much activity than weight (in a general manner, not talking about you) because they look stocky and solid but remain growing babies underneath.
As long as you stay coherent in her activity, I’d just say to continue whatever you’re doing because she’s just stunning !


Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

avatar
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2017-05-26
Support total : 171
Posts : 1277

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Amber's Dad on Thu Nov 01 2018, 00:25

Nifty staffy wrote:
Amber's Dad wrote:.
I was worried about the effects of holding that much lean mass on young joints.

I can understand your concern but judging by the photos you’ve posted, I can’t see how it can be a problem in your case. She’s just bigger than some so might weigh in a bit more. Wink
I’d be more concerned about joint effects from inappropriate/too much activity than weight (in a general manner, not talking about you) because they look stocky and solid but remain growing babies underneath.
As long as you stay coherent in her activity, I’d just say to continue whatever you’re doing because she’s just stunning !

Thank You!
avatar
Amber's Dad
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Amber
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Join date : 2018-04-09
Support total : 0
Posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Paris1990 on Thu Nov 01 2018, 12:48

She is beautiful Love Struck Lovely little face she has! very feminine Smile
avatar
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :
Online
Offline

Female
Age : 28
Location : Cumbria
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 1 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Join date : 2017-05-02
Support total : 48
Posts : 495

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10 month old Staffy girl's weight

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum