Only bull breeds

4 posters

Go down

Only bull breeds Empty Only bull breeds

Post by Two89w Thu Nov 23 2017, 02:23

I haven't always liked bull breeds as I was scared/unsure of their look, and my learnt/perceived understanding that they were aggressive, out of control, hard physically and emotionally and for people with tattoos, piercings, black t-shirts etc .  My family growing up had border collies (which we bred and showed) a beautiful dog too like all dogs. My sisters and brother have between them, Rottweilers, labs , Dalmatians, German shepherds which I have had many years of exposure to before getting Rosie….I have a really soft spot for the female rotty she is super soft  Big Grin

For years people would always seem like they were trying to justify their staffys to you and I would think that when someone is trying to justify something, it must be bad or wrong…ironically I am now doing the same thing to those people who look at my dog with fear in their eyes.

After 46 years of my life had passed and seeing many of them in the street, at the park and in cars etc I grew to see some of what I now love.

So two years back I thought let’s get a Staffordshire and see what all the hype is about. Well what can I say, the more time goes on and the more I learn about the breed I think I am becoming a bull breed obsessive Big Grin Love Struck

We were fortune enough to have our Eddie (amstaff x Staffordshire) for about 14 months and I am going to blame him for my obsession  Love Struck  Rosie is the biggest softie however Eddie was another level. I would dearly love to get another amstaff  however I couldn’t emotionally take another situation like we had with Eddie and Rosie at the end.

Anyway, if I could go back in time I would have had a bull breed  from day dot, they are truly a magnificent breed and very very misunderstood.
Two89w
Two89w
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rosie
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Only bull breeds Empty Re: Only bull breeds

Post by -Ian- Thu Nov 23 2017, 13:48

I wholeheartedly agree Dave, they are very misunderstood. I've only ever had Staffies but family have had a Chihuahua (THE most vicious dog I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, the thing bit my ankles from the minute I saw it until it's last day) and a Sausage dog, Dachshund, which was a soppy thing and ever so slightly dim, well compared to a Staffy anyway.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Only bull breeds B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23 2017, 15:40

I love bull breeds, especially staffies, American bulldogs and crosses. They are the most interactive and giving of dogs, and I for one can't help but smile whenver I see one.

Having said that, I wouldn't change any of the dogs we've had in the past, retrievers, a lab, a lurcher and a mishmash (part staffie!). They were all wonderful in their own ways. And as for what the future holds, well who knows. With Chaos and Millie being young it'll hopefully be quite a while before we need to start thinking about it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Thu Nov 23 2017, 17:57

What a lovely thread Smile

I’ve always wanted a rottweiler (no, I’m not a tatooed and pierced biker Laughing ) but until now, have never had a dog.
With BSL out here, the rottweiler was condemned to a life muzzled, on a lead in public and limited contact with others due to bad reputation. I just couldn’t do that.
As a first dog too, I prefered something a bit more compact in size but still bull breed hence orientated to staffys.

Nifty makes me laugh, she’s intelligent and cheeky and a huge bundle of joy. No regrets

Only bull breeds B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Thu Nov 23 2017, 20:42

Katy is my 1st dog of my own, hubby has had many breeds but has said he has never had such a loving, cuddly playful dog like her Love Struck I would never contemplate anything other than bull breeds ever Love Struck Love Struck

Only bull breeds B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down