Help

3 posters

Go down

Help Empty Help

Post by Archer01 Tue Nov 14 2017, 20:42

I really love these dogs and want to buy a blue staffy bitch, but have some questions.

How much is insurance?
What vaccinations do they need?
How much do they eat a day?
What food to feed them?

Archer01
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help Empty Re: Help

Post by -Ian- Tue Nov 14 2017, 21:04

Hi & Welcome to the Forum from Flo and me Big Grin

I can give guidance but all of the questions you ask will be specific to certain needs.

Insurance can be as much as you can afford, we used to pay about £50 a month. When insuring a puppy you'll want to add in things like whole life cover should it develop a life long illness such as diabetes.

Depends what country you are in but best to take vets advice on vaccines.

The last two questions are related. If you were to feed raw then I'm not best to ask, ready made food should be given with guidance on the tin/bag and refine to suit the dog, things like exercise will mean you feed more or less depending on how much they do.

All pretty vague I'm afraid because it really does depend on the dog itself as much as anything
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Wed Nov 15 2017, 11:28

hi and welcome.

as Ian says, it's very hit & miss trying to give advice on something that probably isn't yet born! Big Grin

always be guided by your vet as to vaccines - different countries have different illnesses and guidelines.

as far as food goes, always choose the best quality that you can afford & then go by the suggested amount on the bag/packet/tray etc. you will almost always need to tweak the amounts a little to suit your own dog as exercise and food quality will play a big part!

i would also advise you to read up on the staffordshire bull terrier - as much as you can. there are several excellent books & if you want a few suggestions, just ask. To get you going, here's one I would heartily recommend...

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22473053329&searchurl=kn%3Dstaffordshire%2Bbull%2Bterrier%2Bbest%2Bof%2Bbreed%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title1

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: