Excercise and food to bulk my staff?

4 posters

Go down

Excercise and food to bulk my staff? Empty Excercise and food to bulk my staff?

Post by Bluestaff5 Wed Mar 29 2017, 20:59

My blue boy will be 5 in August so he will be fully grown now but is so skinny and small. Anyone any tips to bulk him up abit? Think he looks quite tall aswell with him not being very big
Thanks xx

Bluestaff5
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Excercise and food to bulk my staff? Empty Re: Excercise and food to bulk my staff?

Post by stella Wed Mar 29 2017, 21:20

What are you feeding him?
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Excercise and food to bulk my staff? Empty Re: Excercise and food to bulk my staff?

Post by Bluestaff5 Thu Mar 30 2017, 09:39

He has dry dog biscuits x

Bluestaff5

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzy Thu Mar 30 2017, 09:44

Do you mean complete kibble type food? I suggest you look on 'allaboutdogfood.co.uk' and compare the different foods in your price range.
dizzy
dizzy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dodger
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30 2017, 10:59

I just saw the pics you posted in the gallery - from those shots he looks fine and to me looks like a proper little staff. True staffies are small, you see a lot of dogs called staffies now that are probably crosses, much taller and sometimes broader (like my Chaos) but the breed standard for a male staff is up to about 16 inches at the shoulder.

You also see a lot of overweight dogs and that becomes normal looking. Good condition is being able to feel ribs if you press lightly but not see them when the dog is at rest, and you should have a waist without seeing hip bones.

That's a good link from Dizzy. Have a look on there and see how your current food measures up. You really want something rated at least 3.5 but I always advise you go for the best you can afford. When you do a price comparison, make sure you factor in that better brands often require you to feed less as they're not full of nutritionally poor fillers.

Also, bear in mind that food can (not does but can) affect behaviour. Sometimes giving a dog a grain free/sugar free/additive free (one or all) can help calm them down.

If you want a recommendation, I use Millie's Wolfheart that you buy online and get delivered. It's fantastic quality, grain/sugar/additive free, and my dogs love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki&Thanos Fri Apr 14 2017, 00:07

Thanos is pretty bulky now but he was pretty skinny when I rescued him! With a good diet and a lot of exercise he bulked up within a couple of months. I live in an area with a lot of hiking trails and dog beaches and those are some of his favorite places! When we are staying at home, he likes to wrestle with his brother, Loki, and play fetch. Maybe that will work for your blue boy!
Loki&Thanos
Loki&Thanos

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down