What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe?

2 posters

Go down

What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe? Empty What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe?

Post by hmck84 Tue Jun 28 2011, 20:20

My staffy is nearly 4 mths and I would like to start feeding him tripe, what is the ideal age to do this and how often shoud I feed him this. Should I feed him anything else in addition to the tripe.

Thanks..

hmck84
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe? Empty Re: What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 21:27

well if you are wanting to just feed it as a treat then i wouldn't give him to much, but yes you are fine to give it him now

Back to top Go down

What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe? Empty Re: What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 21:30

It really depends on how you want to feed him.

If you're feeding raw, then you can give him tripe any time you want. If you're giving it as an occasional treat, be careful because it will pack on weight before you know it!

A word of warning....tripe (apart from being stinky!) will tend to make your dog's poo softer, so just be prepared!

Back to top Go down

Post by hmck84 Wed Jun 29 2011, 15:57

Thanks for the info.

I was going to feed him raw tripe. Should i mix this with something else or would he be fine on a tripe only diet??

hmck84

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:26

if you are wanting to feed him instead of dry food, tins etc then no you can't just feed tripe, look at this website as it explains the 'raw' diet well.

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 16:43

Yes, don't feed any raw meat exclusively if you can help it. I give Dempsey lamb, beef, pork & venison (when I can get it). I can't give him chicken cause his stomach is allergic to it!

Back to top Go down

Post by acidrane13 Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:47

I gave chase tripe as a treat a few times, but it made his poo so soft i gave up! Um not sure if it effects every dog in this way, or if his just a bit intolerant of it. I give him chicken, beef or lamb instead now.
acidrane13
acidrane13
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What age should I start feeding my staffy tripe? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down