Give me some idea's please folks ...

5 posters

Go down

Give me some idea's please folks ... Empty Give me some idea's please folks ...

Post by hollymolly Thu Jun 23 2011, 23:31

Inca used to be the FUSSIEST of eaters but since i changed her onto the raw food (prize choice frozen mince and natures menu range) she has been eating all her meals but sometimes i wonder what other things could i add to her raw mince ... you know as a change for her !!!

Sometimes i add some peas or some meat piece's (from the deli counter) or grated cheese ..

Any dry biscuits i should try or just give me ideas as to what i can add to her raw food..

Am waiting peeps xx
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Give me some idea's please folks ... Empty Re: Give me some idea's please folks ...

Post by janey Thu Jun 23 2011, 23:56

I don't feed raw so can't help there Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Give me some idea's please folks ... Empty Re: Give me some idea's please folks ...

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri Jun 24 2011, 04:17

Our boys have a raw diet as well. They get whatever I can get from the butcher on special, sometimes chicken wings or necks, other times lamb/pork/beef offcuts. If you want to mix it up a bit, try cutting back the meat and add some good quality biscutes to her bowl as well. Eukanuba/Hills Science/James Wellbeloved are all good brands. Any vet brands are good, so you could have a chat to your vet for some suggestions too.
I also give our boys an egg mixed with sardines once a week for their coats, makes them nice and shiney Wink
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 04:38

I feed dry food but I do supplement with potatos, carrots and caggabe. Suki is always hungry and these keep her happy and are low calorie. I also make them into a mush and freeze and then add them into a Kong. I'll give this to her before we leave her alone and it keeps her occupied and our furniture safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 08:44

we feed, chicken necks, chicken wings, heart, chicken chunks, tripe. I have just bought 2 x 12 packs of lamb mince and chicken mince from prize and billy hates it, if you are ever in london pop and and it is yours theres 11 each left.

Dont mix dry with raw as they digest at different rates

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Fri Jun 24 2011, 09:12

mine get wagg Surprised and raw . with a couple of tins of sardines in the mix too
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 09:51

Jethro and Winston get plenty of raw carrots grated in with their food,, they love a piece of apple... and they love the odd tin of sardines or tuna in oil...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 10:14

Firstly, please don't give cooked meat from the deli counter! Most of it is full of salt!

Try not to feed mince exclusively, chunks or even large pieces of meat are far better. You can normally get bags of frozen beef chinks from the larger pet stores. You can give veg if you want, but unless it's pulped it'll do them no good as they can't digest it. Mind you, it'll do no harm either.

If you want to add some dry food to the diet (you don't need to, by the way) then don't mix it, feed raw in the morning & dry at night. Raw only takes a dog about 4 or 5 hours to digest, whereas dry food takes about 17 hours, so the two together could cause a stomach upset.

A tin od sardines in either oil or tomato sauce is a nice treat a couple of times a week, as is a raw egg once or twice (no more) a week. Most dogs will happily eat an egg just cracked into a bowl - Dempsey insists on his being beaten first, but then he's a strange boy! Big Grin

Some people also give their dogs the odd bowl of cooked pasta (no sauce), but this isn't necessary for the dog's health.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 27 2011, 01:20

hollymolly wrote:Inca used to be the FUSSIEST of eaters but since i changed her onto the raw food (prize choice frozen mince and natures menu range) she has been eating all her meals but sometimes i wonder what other things could i add to her raw mince ... you know as a change for her !!!

Sometimes i add some peas or some meat piece's (from the deli counter) or grated cheese ..

Any dry biscuits i should try or just give me ideas as to what i can add to her raw food..

Am waiting peeps xx

Hi hollymolly we feed our little boy Stanley raw diet since we picked him up, we make up all his meals ourself with a mixture of meat and veigeis, we try to do a 60% meat 40% veg now as I was talking with some people about it and they seem to think this is the best. I use to add rice or pasta but was told that it is not the bets for your dog to eat every day. Stanley gets a bowl of dry food as well and we only by a good quality one that has a complete diet, I personally do not buy from the supermarket as they can have allot of preservitives in them. We also throw in a few chicken necks or a chicken wing, I have been interested to try offal myself as I have read allot of people on this forum like to give their dogs and puppies some different types of offal.

The vegies we use are mainly carrot and pumpkin, but we add sugar, snaps, beans and peas I have also been told some over rippen fruit can be used and a friend of mine his staffy LOVES eating apples maybe it is the crunch but I am yet to try apple with Stanley.

At least once a week I give him some fish for one of his meals either sardines, tuna or salmon in spring water and I also give him raw egg once or twice a week but mix that into his meal he is about to eat. I have read here and also been told these items are really good for their skin and fur and Stanley being a white puppy we have to keep an eye on his skin for him. I hope this has been some help for you to try.

Cheers Dave
thumbs up
cowboydave
cowboydave

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down