Ernestine
janey
gem
Buster
12 posters

Go down

The naivety of some people  Empty The naivety of some people

Post by Buster Tue Jun 07 2011, 13:22

Just remembered how, last night I was out with buster, walking past the bus stop and we see these elderly women, one of which called buster over to clap him- so he did. Done his usual which is to lick her and jump up, now he’s 12 weeks old, worst pain he could inflict on anybody is a wee nip. Then she asked what breed he was, and his age etc, and as I started to call him away another one of the women started saying “yeah go on devil dog, shoo, shoo!”
And I reigned in his lead and replied,
Excuse me? Did you just call him a devil dog?
Yeah that’s what they are, they’re horrible!

I walked away before she got a mouthful, how stupid and utterly ridiculous are some people in this world to think, a 12 week old puppy, can be a devil dog, and the fact that im not one of these stupid owners, I was fuming angry went home in a bad mood, praised the wee man and gave him a treat for being good.

Does anybody else get any bad looks or snide comments when out with their staffs ?
Buster
Buster
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

The naivety of some people  Empty Re: The naivety of some people

Post by gem Tue Jun 07 2011, 13:48

When Im out on a walk with my 2 I am focused and couldnt give a damn what anyone says sod um Sad
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jun 07 2011, 14:06

What a plonker and well done you for not retaliating! I don't get many comments, had some bloke pick his puppy up because I was walking 'one of those banned breeds' thats the comment that makes me really annoyed!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue Jun 07 2011, 14:25

Asi I've posted somewhere else on this site, we're pretty lucky down here, Staffs are really popular and well-loved. But as anywhere, you DO get the occasional idiot.

Like the pizza delivery guy the other evening. Who shrank against the wall as he came inside and Duke chirped up at the smell. He had the nerve to ask, in my own house (!!!!!) don't those dogs BITE?? I mean wtf? angry So I very disdainfully said "Actually, no. They don't." (Okay so a white lie wasn't going to hurt anyone right then angel ) and my son pipes up. But you should hear him bark. rolling on the floor
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Tue Jun 07 2011, 14:31

Oh what I'd normally do is tell them my own opinion back. I'm such a mouthy person, and never let anyone say anything bad about my dog! Most people know nothing about Staffords and just misjudge all of them because of some idiots who cant bring the dogs up properly!
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
The naivety of some people  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:02

I get quite a few comments when i'm walking harvey, like i'm walking a banned breed, he should be muzzled in public as it's only a matter of time before he attacks someone. I have also had people and whole families run across the road in front of traffic to avoid walking past him. It's ridiculous! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:03

aawww bless Buster doesn't know any difference yet, he's too young and just wants to meet people and make friends, just like Bruno Smile Bruno is 23 weeks on friday and he's still not learnt not to jump at people and but we are working on it and he's kinda getting to know not to jump Smile

But bad words against the breed, no can't say I have, Only jealously by my next door neighbour cos Bruno is far better looking than her staffy who is 6 days older than mine Big Grin
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:31

Every other house in my road has a staffie (and im serious) but im the only one with 2 or that even let my dogs see outside the garden.
I love the looks I get from the "older" folk when im walking with them in 1 hand and my 2yr old holding the other, I had 1 lady asked if im worried for my daughters safety?? me being me (sarcastic & serious) said "omg yes it worries me sick every day i couldnt cope watching my child be licked till shes gigglin uncontrolable" angel
I sometimes take my mates spitz X with me too u can c the worried look on faces when this little fluffy dog is between 2 "big bad staffies!!" she's just rescued a staffie boy too so it will soon be "the little fluffy dog and 3 devil dogs" rolling on the floor

But there is some fairly normal ppl round here a lady of about 60 was over the field with her elderly springer I put my 2 on the lead instant she said "dont be silly they might look tough but they still need to play and socalize" we ended up on a long walk with her Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 22:40

Get it all the time & have done for the last 30+ years! When somebody asks me if Dempsey bites I usually says something like "Only when he's hungry. Gosh, look at the time! Let's go home & get your breakfast/dinner, Dempsey, it's late!"

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed Jun 08 2011, 20:17

Staffiexxx wrote:Every other house in my road has a staffie (and im serious) but im the only one with 2 or that even let my dogs see outside the garden.
I love the looks I get from the "older" folk when im walking with them in 1 hand and my 2yr old holding the other, I had 1 lady asked if im worried for my daughters safety?? me being me (sarcastic & serious) said "omg yes it worries me sick every day i couldnt cope watching my child be licked till shes gigglin uncontrolable" angel
I sometimes take my mates spitz X with me too u can c the worried look on faces when this little fluffy dog is between 2 "big bad staffies!!" she's just rescued a staffie boy too so it will soon be "the little fluffy dog and 3 devil dogs" rolling on the floor

But there is some fairly normal ppl round here a lady of about 60 was over the field with her elderly springer I put my 2 on the lead instant she said "dont be silly they might look tough but they still need to play and socalize" we ended up on a long walk with her Big Grin

Loving your response re your daughters' safety chick rolling on the floor must remember that one. My 4 year old actually get's into Milo's bed WITH him in order to be as close as possible to him. He was the most wary when we got him now they haver the best bond ever, best buddies for sure Love Struck Also I was talking about our new PUPPY (!) at work and my colleague asked what breed so I replied she then looked really seriously at me and said 'oh is he okay with your children?' I mean wtf was she thinking I felt like replying 'yes he's a savage!' I instead went on to about how it's the owners and how they're brought up blahh blahh.....
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08 2011, 20:38

ardvark wrote:
Staffiexxx wrote:Every other house in my road has a staffie (and im serious) but im the only one with 2 or that even let my dogs see outside the garden.

Loving your response re your daughters' safety chick rolling on the floor must remember that one. My 4 year old actually get's into Milo's bed WITH him in order to be as close as possible to him. He was the most wary when we got him now they haver the best bond ever, best buddies for sure Love Struck Also I was talking about our new PUPPY (!) at work and my colleague asked what breed so I replied she then looked really seriously at me and said 'oh is he okay with your children?' I mean wtf was she thinking I felt like replying 'yes he's a savage!' I instead went on to about how it's the owners and how they're brought up blahh blahh.....

I would have had to reply somethink like "oh god yes he is every wednesday at 4pm we throw the kids for him to have a good chew" Tongues

Yes my youngest (the 2yr old) gets if the bed with Mazda & Zero and even has the cheek to tell THEM to move over Laughing silly dogs do too!

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed Jun 08 2011, 22:34

sounds like my small people with Milo too, the 2 year old being the bossiest (well she's a gilr lol!)
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by fourstaffs Thu Jun 09 2011, 03:24

all the time lol and if just one more person says the word pittbull to me one more time i will screem

fourstaffs
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : william,harry,gorgie,bella
Dog Gender(s) : malex3,female

Back to top Go down

Post by nsgdm1 Thu Jun 09 2011, 11:01

We usually have nice remarks ,although on the odd occasion that my wife and I walk all ours we get some funny looks, mind you seeing 6 walking together is a strange sight I suppose.I sometimes hear comments after you have gone past people but it's not really worth bothering what other people think so long as your dogs are behaving.
nsgdm1
nsgdm1
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Archie , Skye ,Ollie ,Beauty ,Giggsy , Sugar
Dog Gender(s) : 3 dogs 3 bitches

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 16:00

some people are just ignorant morons aren't they!! as to how a 12 week old puppy can be a devil dog is beyond words!! He is a little baby! angry stupid woman !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster Thu Jun 09 2011, 20:21

just took the wee man for his second jag, and another staff was there, cracker so he was - never seen a dog never mind a staff with such a good nature, a few people came in and out, never let any of their dogs go, held them very tight, i just thought, c'mon man, mines is a pup, and this other staff was an absolute credit to the breed, disappointing
Buster
Buster

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Jun 09 2011, 22:59

I got exactly the same when kaiser was about 11 weeks old to took him to morrisons with me while i took my mum shoping and decided to have a walk round with him while my mum was shopping walked past these two girls with there mum and they wanted to stroke him so there they was stroking him and there mum came to have a stroke looked and said thats one of those baby killers well i had steam coming out of my ears and gave her a right gob full another uneducated idiot that believe everything they read in the press
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Fri Jun 10 2011, 10:41

Sat outside a cafe the other month and 2 women walked by and one said

"watch out it'll have your hand off"

Surprised mad
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 16:09

makes your blood boil ... doesn't it !!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by axlbaby Sun Jun 19 2011, 16:38

people can be so stupid every person i told that i was getting a staff were like "why do u want one of them horrible dogs" and was even told that if i got one it would eat my other dog and attack my lil one how stupid
axlbaby
axlbaby

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : axl and skyla
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months ish and 3
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down