R.I.P Diesel

3 posters

Go down

R.I.P Diesel Empty R.I.P Diesel

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 20:25

I was reading through these sad post's of people's losses and noticed i had never posted one for my old man Diesel! who sadly had to be pts in october 2010:(.

Diesel's Story:

Diesel was a rescue, we rescued him in 2005 from the Dogs home, the poor lil' man had to spend christmas in there! .. we went to look around the kennels in january and instantly fell in love with him! .. we went down and my moms partner (at the time) said he needed to go to the bank to get the deposit but i stated that by the time he'd of done that the dog could have been chosen and reserved by the time we got back!, so my mom handed over the deposit and Walah! we reserved the most amazing staffy! .. not 1 minute later and somebody came to the desk and asked to reserve the dog in kennel 551 (diesel!) .. LUCK!!!! i felt so lucky that i had mentioned it and we had him reserved or he would of been taken!.
He came home to use just under a week later after a home check etc and settled brilliantly in his new forever home! .. He was skin and bone! he had been starved, Mistreated, he had a heamotimia in his one ear (unsure on spelling sorry), his tail was burnt at the end causing bad infection (we had to have this amputated as he kept spliting the end when he would wag his tail and blood would go everywhere!) etc.
Diesel soon put on lots od weight and looked just like a staffy again! he recovered from his tail amputation aswell as a minor op on his paw and his castration! lol .. he went through all that and didnt hate us one bit! lol.
He was a pleasure to own, i wish we could of had more years together but sadly we had to make the DIFFICULT choice of having him pts in october 2010, i still remember it like it was y.day!!.
Sadly diesel had a nasty fall when chasing a cat!! it started of with a limp, so me ad my mom booked him in the vets thinking he may possibly of broken his leg! next day we woke up to take him to the vets and found as he would walk his back end would dip down and his leg was going inwards too and he'd have a hard time getting up.
I KNEW that this was something more than a break and it upset me to see him like it! .. We took him to the vets and the vet told my mom (i had to wait in the car i couldnt go in!) it was deffinatly his spine! and there is nothing that can be done especially as he was roughly 11-12yrs old, so he gave him STRONG pain killers and told us to rin back in the morning if he wasnt any better and we would have to take him in .. if he did we would take him back the following week and they would see what could be done.
I knew he wouldnt recover from it and it tore me up to watch him go from a bouncy lively boy to a boy who could barely get up to go to the toilet!! he got worse and the next day he couldnt get up and would fall all over the place!!! i would cry and he would TRY and come to comfort me as he always did when i was upset but couldnt move!.
The morning came and my mom rang the vets and we had to say our goodbyes! my sister came over and brought him a teddy bear he could take pleasure in ripping apart for his final time! for those 10minutes it was like nothing was wrong! but 3pm came and mom got him ready .. we had to say our goodbyes and off he went in the car the last time i would ever see my Smasher diesel!.
I will never forget him he was AMAZING!!! and completely unbeatable!!! i still have pictures of him in my room next to pictures of vinnie and skye, i have every collar he owned on a teddy bear and also a little plaque for him next to a pik of him in our living room!.
When we got vinnie we named him after diesel as diesel was named after vin DIESEL the actor my moms obsessed with ahah .. so we named our new boy vinnie!.
Vinnie does so much to remind me of diesel so in a way its like he is still with us!, i will always love him and never forget his greetings when i walked through the door, his whole butt would wiggle from excitement haha!.

R.I.P Diesel you were the best brindle boy ever and always my little shadow!!! i will never forget you!!! Run Free Big man! Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck

R.I.P Diesel IMG00881-20100627-1701
R.I.P Diesel IMG00889-20100627-1710
R.I.P Diesel DSC00872
R.I.P Diesel SDC10188
R.I.P Diesel DSC00653
R.I.P Diesel DSC00649
R.I.P Diesel DSC00140
R.I.P Diesel DSC00169
R.I.P Diesel Diesel5
R.I.P Diesel DSC00149
No Tail
R.I.P Diesel De7

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Diesel Empty Re: R.I.P Diesel

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 20:33

i really am going to have to stop reading these memorials as i get too upset. its so nice that they were all so loved and had such happy lives though. one day i will be brave enough to post Tessa's story. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 20:35

It takes alot! i had to type it through watery eyes! lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 20:42

RIP Diesel, he looked so happy and loved and that's the main thing.

nicolalouises wrote:i really am going to have to stop reading these memorials as i get too upset. its so nice that they were all so loved and had such happy lives though. one day i will be brave enough to post Tessa's story. x

When you're ready, we'll be here. RIP Tessa x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Jun 05 2011, 21:00

Reading it through watery eyes too.X bless him x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 21:36

It's funny, but whenever I read these memorials I get weepy & think I'm not gonna read them again. But then I think of the wonderful homes you all gave to these dogs & how loving & loyal they were, and it warms my heart.

So I'll keep reading, keep crying, but most of all, I'll keep smiling at the lovely people on here who care so much about their furry companions.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Jun 05 2011, 22:11

Awww
Theres something missing from my home
I feel it night and day
I know it will take time and strenth
Before things feel quiet right

But just for now I need to morn
My heart it needs to mend
Though some may say"its just a pet"
I know ive lost a freind

Youve brought such laughter to my home
And richness to my days
A constant freind through joy and loss
With gentle loving ways

Companion, pal and confident
A freind I wont forget
Youll live for always in my heart
My sweet forever pet
>Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 01:08

Caryll wrote:It's funny, but whenever I read these memorials I get weepy & think I'm not gonna read them again. But then I think of the wonderful homes you all gave to these dogs & how loving & loyal they were, and it warms my heart.

So I'll keep reading, keep crying, but most of all, I'll keep smiling at the lovely people on here who care so much about their furry companions.

Mee too.

R.I.P Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 13:47

absolutely beautiful and moving story.. he looked a real darling.. at least his last days were happy with you!
..now where's the tissues......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 14:00

vanessa wrote:
absolutely beautiful and moving story.. he looked a real darling.. at least his last days were happy with you!
..now where's the tissues......

my thoughts

R.I.P. Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 20:38

R.I.P. Diesel

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Jun 06 2011, 22:45

rip diesel what a lovely boy brought a tear to my eye reading it least you gave him a great home
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07 2011, 16:40

youngkaiser wrote:rip diesel what a lovely boy brought a tear to my eye reading it least you gave him a great home
What a beautiful boy, and what a difference you made to his last 5 years. He knew he was so loved and special Love Struck
RIP Diesel angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down