Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo?

+2
silver
Staffylover1989
6 posters

Go down

Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo? Empty Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo?

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 17:29

Ever since my girl has been having this runny poo problem, i notice theres a jelly/gooey look to it at times, esp when runny!
has anybody had any experience with this before? i have read up on colitis and notice alot of the symptoms are what she has!
she had 3 normal poops but today had a soft almost runny one and it had the jelly/goo in it again!

Staffylover1989
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo? Empty Re: Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo?

Post by silver Fri May 30 2014, 18:21

Sounds like a visit to the vet. What do you feed her?
silver
silver
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Toots
Dog(s) Ages : 21/11/13
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 103

Back to top Go down

Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo? Empty Re: Anyone had experience with Jelly/Gooey poo?

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 18:25

shes been the vet hun he prescribed her intestinal food and medication, she finished that today but been and got her another load of the intestinal food .. she only has the goo/jelly when her poo is runny .. she had normal poops yday and this morn

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 30 2014, 18:30

Moo had similar, her stools in the morning where solid and gradually as the day went on would be half normal and half a gooey mess.

I took her off chicken and put her on a fish diet - practically stopped straight away. I know we have chatted on your other thread about this but might be worth a thought Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 18:37

shes still on the intestinal food at the moment the vet prescribed as he suggested keeping her on it another week then changing her over to what im going to give her which would be the nature diet stuff
you say moo had a goo in her poop too? shes a sod for finding grass and straw in my garden and bloody eating it!

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 30 2014, 18:51

Yes I had major issues with Moo when I rescued her. She would constantly suffer from diarrhea over nite - it was rather grim and I was at my wits end. Like your vet the prescribed a special diet - basically just chicken and rice, but it still happened - it took a few times of swapping her food over until I found one that suited her. In Moo's case this had been going on for some time Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 19:07

Oh bless her! poor girl! glad its sorted now! .. She has always had a very delicate stomach, a treat too rich or a certain food she would get diarrhea and sometimes even sick.
i wonder if it all stems from when she was a puppy, the bloke fed her on adult dry food from 6weeks old and she was full of worms poor thing!

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 30 2014, 19:11

Aww poor thing! Personally would have thought its more a diet issue - you would be amazed how many dogs are intolerant to chicken, might be worth a thought Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 19:19

before this happened she was on tinned dog food in gravy (winalot) but i have been noticing a thick gooey layer in the gravy  sick sick and while she was on that she was going the toilet 4-5 times a day (normally) but that seemed alot .. on this veterinary prescribed food its 1 maybe 2 times

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 30 2014, 19:36

1 or 2 times is more normal x
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 19:39

Thought so! She would go as soon as she ate when she was on tinned food x

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 30 2014, 19:41

Basically the better quality food the less they will poo because their body can use more of it, there is less waste x
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 20:11

Got you! How is nature diet? Thats what i aim to put her on

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri May 30 2014, 20:13

I think quite a few people on here feed it  Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffylover1989 Fri May 30 2014, 20:21

Oh great :-) thankyou Smile

Staffylover1989

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31 2014, 18:38

Ooh gooey poo not good, also think more dietry had major probs with Vin but I now use nature diet as its Gluten free. But as said he cant have anything Chicken, so stick to Lamb and Rabbit and Turkey  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat May 31 2014, 18:59

Ledger had similar particularly when he was on kibble, morning poo fine but get the impression that he went for the sake of it later in the day before it was properly formed (believe he was in a flat and didn't go out much from previous homing) now he's on raw it's much better but when he has tripe it does go gooeyer again unless I give a slightly smaller portion of the mince and add a duck wing

Sometimes I guess they just self express the anal gland creating the jelly goo which coats a normal poo but a runny one will look worse
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat May 31 2014, 19:41

Does sound like an allergy or intolerance! You can get sensitive nature diet which is fish based (though very smelly) and also a normal fish one. Otherwise, as Inez mentioned, there are various turkey/rabbit combinations. I've fed nature diet since coming off raw and had great results with it. She doesn't pack on the muscle like she did on raw, but she is still in great shape and her coat is very shiny! I order online from berrywoods, costs £50 for 4 packs of 18 with free delivery Smile works out pretty cheap and you can choose 4 different flavours to keep things interesting! I usually feed fish, turkey/rabbit, lamb and chicken but you'd need to figure out what's causing the problem, vets diets are generally cr*p!!!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down