Best possible diet for maximum growth

5 posters

Go down

Best possible diet for maximum growth Empty Best possible diet for maximum growth

Post by SteveO Fri Jun 03 2011, 14:14

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I have a 12 week male staffie. I want to make sure I give him the best possible diet I can for him to maximize in muscle growth.

At the moment he get dry food(Hills). I also add the following meals, chicken liver with basmati rice and scrambeld egg.

Can you plse advise on the above plse.

Many thx.

SteveO
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Best possible diet for maximum growth Empty Re: Best possible diet for maximum growth

Post by janey Fri Jun 03 2011, 19:30

I feed mine on James Wellbeloved now, she has been a difficult dog cause has a food intolerance. But to be honest all the advice on here leads to a raw food diet. I'm affraid I know nothing about it and its not for me, but could be an avenue to explore.

Welcome to the forum btw Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Best possible diet for maximum growth Empty Re: Best possible diet for maximum growth

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03 2011, 22:28

Hi & Best possible diet for maximum growth Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Best possible diet for maximum growth Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Best possible diet for maximum growth Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Best possible diet for maximum growth Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Best possible diet for maximum growth Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Best possible diet for maximum growth Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04 2011, 00:23

Hi & welcome!

I prefer a raw diet, but it isn't for everyone. There are some good quality dry foods around, so it's a matter of preference, really.

Just don't feed Bakers! (don't know if you get that in South Africa!)

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveO Sat Jun 04 2011, 17:45

Thx for the warm welcoming. I like the raw diet idea and will like to know more. Will search the forum for more info.

SteveO

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sat Jun 04 2011, 17:49

i use a combo of dry food and raw
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveO Sat Jun 04 2011, 17:51

Caryll wrote:

Just don't feed Bakers! (don't know if you get that in South Africa!)

Don't know Bakers.........what is it or what is in it that is so bad?

SteveO

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jun 07 2011, 13:49

Bakers is a UK base dog food brand which looks very pleasing to the human eye as the kibbles come in many hsape and sizes, colours and textures. Unfortunately these colours and flavourings are not natural and can lead to hyperactivity in dogs amongst other complaints (like E numbers for children). The food composition is also very poor quality and contain many grains and animal derivatives instead of decent meat from a good source.

See here - http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/the-truth-about-bakers-dog-food.23103/
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevali Thu Jun 09 2011, 18:13

So you can feed a pup raw mince?
Stevali
Stevali
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 11:12

i personally wouldnt start off to quick with building a dog up a personlly like to keep my dogs lean not skinney untill there one ish to me it helps there bones and joints strenghing propely and will help with joint problems later on in life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 12:22

SteveO wrote:Thx for the warm welcoming. I like the raw diet idea and will like to know more. Will search the forum for more info.

Have a read through this...........

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/

Stevali wrote:So you can feed a pup raw mince?

Absolutely! You can give them lumps of raw meat as well, as long as they are not too big.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevali Fri Jun 10 2011, 15:37

Caryll wrote:
SteveO wrote:Thx for the warm welcoming. I like the raw diet idea and will like to know more. Will search the forum for more info.

Have a read through this...........

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/

Stevali wrote:So you can feed a pup raw mince?

Absolutely! You can give them lumps of raw meat as well, as long as they are not too big.

Ahh good save me the trouble of a disaster in the kitchen.
Stevali
Stevali

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down