+2
Kathy
rico24
6 posters

Go down

feet troubles Empty feet troubles

Post by rico24 Fri May 16 2014, 10:59

Hey all.
My little one has had sore feet, first time was when she had a phantom pregnancy after first season but theyv kind of bothered her since. So im wondering if its maybe the grass or something. She chews at them and the vets gave us steroid cream for both times but its not helped much. Shes due back soon and to get speyed but is there any other natural things i could use to ease them. She was lying beside me and i was stroking her and when i got to her back leg she growled at me n mouthed a bit but its the first time shes ever growled at anyone! Her food is hypoallergenic too so shouldnt be anythin to do with that.
Shes been acting so timid just now and cowering at things she never has :-( so wierd

Last edited by Kathy on Fri May 16 2014, 19:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved post to Staffy Health Issues)
rico24
rico24
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
feet troubles Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

feet troubles Empty Re: feet troubles

Post by Guest Fri May 16 2014, 11:10

Aww poor girl sounds like her hormones are all over the place Sad my girl suffers with itchy paws, we've tried all kinds and I feel it's the changes in the weather that's the problem, wet/dry/wet/dry I wash her feet after walks and give her piriton (not piriteze) twice a day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri May 16 2014, 11:20

As Hayley says wiping her feet when you come in from walks may help, you might also want to try some coconut oil and see if this helps at all.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by peardrop Fri May 16 2014, 11:59

Hi,
Try washing them with dilute white vingeur, my boy has itchy feet and he gets sore's in between his pads the vet gave us steroids and vit A cream which worked but I do not like using the steroids unless its a realy needed but the white vingeur seams to work very well he stopped limping the same day as we started washing with diluted white vingeur, apple cider vingeur works as well but if the itching is caused by a yeast infection the sugar in ACV feeds the yeast.
Maybe also changing her food to a raw diet might help her by reducing her grain intake, dogs are not ment to eats grains and they often cause allergic reactions and they are use as a filler in all types of kibble because they are cheap!!
Good luck i hope this helps you.
peardrop
peardrop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : cookie, crumble, makka, alabama
Dog(s) Ages : 10, 3, 16months and 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : female, female, male, female
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Fri May 16 2014, 13:11

Agree with all of the above. My Flo has a Grass Pollen Allergy and we wash her feet after every walk. We don't catch it everytime and she will nibble her rear Paws sore overnight sometimes, they look really swollen at the moment. I guess the grass pollen count is high just now.

I'm in the process of trying the vinegar solution and will see what happens with that as the Hibiscrub doesn't seem to be working well enough. We also have her on hypoallergenic food.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

feet troubles B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by peardrop Fri May 16 2014, 13:18

The hypoallergenic food might be the problem if it contains grain products, the best diet for a senstive dog is a raw diet, if you look on here you can find lots of info about raw feeding and there are lots of surpliers in the uk.
I hope the white vingeur works as well as it did for my boy, make shore you dilute the vingeur if pure it can dry there skin out and cause irritation.
peardrop
peardrop

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rico24 Sat May 17 2014, 08:56

Thanks everyone.
Alot of my answers and also when looked online have pointed to trying the raw diet.
I find it really scary lol im a total germaphobe!!!!!
I know people tht feed raw and swear by it and they buy raw chicken breasts etc.....that really freaks me out, and that programme tht was on a while back said the bacteria comes out in the coat.
Iv seen the nature diet blocks and nuggets and the salmon fillets etc.
Is it as scary as it sounds!
rico24
rico24
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
feet troubles Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by peardrop Sat May 17 2014, 09:14

not scary at all just the natural way to feed your dog, if you eat meat there is no reason to be scared, you can buy ready made packets of minced meat and bones all ready to go no preperation needed just like feeding tins of meat but good for your dog, you store it in the freezer and hygiene is the same as when you prepare raw meat.
The story about bacteria coming out in there coat was a scare story if you look on the internet it was debuked straight away by lots of people, they even talked about it on here how that women was talking crap, you could find the conversation if you look.
Don't be scared of raw feeding just approach it properly do the reasearch and set up a hyginic and safe way of feeding your dog what it should be fed.
There are raw feeding groups on on here and facebook who will help you out if you have any question or to find surpliers.
Its the best thing for you dog so go for it.
Good luck
peardrop
peardrop

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19 2014, 13:13

Have this problem with Vin also, I bathe with diluted white vinegar and always wash feet with warm water after every walk. Again use Piriton for a while, when it flares up  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri Aug 08 2014, 01:44

Our Bella also has this problem and has visited the vets once and received a steroid injection and antibiotics because it has become infected. It could be the grass when we take her walking.

How exactly do you all wash their feet? I mean we have tried antiseptic washes in a bucket of warm water but lets just say it was a disaster, she hated her feet in the bucket. I have ACV and would rather use the natural remedy. Do you just get a wet flannel with vinegar on it??
Peachy
Peachy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : DOB 26.03.13
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down