Help from experience dog owners.

2 posters

Go down

Help from experience dog owners. Empty Help from experience dog owners.

Post by SebasS Mon Apr 21 2014, 03:09

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing my first AMSTAFF, however my concern is that my girlfriend already owns a Chihuahua and a Pomeranian. Do you think they would get along if he grows up with them? would not want my girlfriend's dog to get hurt Straight Face .

Also my brother owns 2 doberman, which are not aggressive towards people but dont know with other dogs. Is there a chance they might get along if I would bring the AMSTAFF for a visit?

Girlfriend is worried about her dogs but I keep telling her there should not be any problems if the dogs grows up with them.

What do you guys think?

Also what is the average price for an AMSTAFF puppy??

Thank you.

SebasS
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help from experience dog owners. Empty Re: Help from experience dog owners.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21 2014, 05:59

Hi and welcome to the forum! When you get a moment why not come and introduce yourself here? https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

In my opinion, it's all about introducing dogs the right way - on neutral territory, walking them together etc And always loads of supervision and not setting them up for failure by leaving anything down that could cause an argument such as toys or food until you know and trust the dogs really well. Exercise is always key too.

As for price, I'm not certain which country you're in?

I have an amstaff boy and he is an extremely gentle soul. He is incredibly calm and very little phases him. But he is also protective of his home and family. He weighs a little over 50kg and is still mummy's "little" lapdog who loves nothing more than to climb on my knee for a cuddle and tummy tickle.

Staffys play rough and are very strong, so that would be my only concern with smaller breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Wed Apr 23 2014, 12:30

Suki gets along just fine with smaller breeds. I would be concerned with the tempermant of the smaller dogs as both of the breeds you mentioned tend to be aggressive.
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down