Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need.

5 posters

Go down

Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need. Empty Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need.

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 20:57

I think it is a User called Caryll I have seen post on this site that has some experience of Showing and Bloodlines etc although would be grateful for advice from anyone with experience or knowledge of these subjects.

When I purchased and collected my Pup and all the way through the waiting period the Breeder repeatedly said that I should consider showing the Pup when he is older. I was truthful from the beginning and said that I have never considered this with my previous Staffies and was onlyt really looking for a Pet (although I sort of regretted not showing one of my dogs, Buster, because he was such a fine Dog.)

Anyway, I said I would consider it and she even got a judge to look over the litter and give his (positive I have to say) opinion.

Two things concern me:

1. I have posted a link to the Pedigree database below showing his parentage etc. This looks quite impressive to me but I am no expert. Any views on his history from more knowledgeable people would be very much appreciated. His COI is 2.5% btw.

2. I have heard that the whole showing thing is very much a clique and bitchy and that it is "more who you know" rather than your Dog that counts. Any advice would again be appreciated before I start researching Ring Craft classes (if I decide to go ahead). I do not want to stress Barney in any way and neither do I want to come home fuming about bitchiness and obviously biased judging. ( I would find it difficult to not sat anything).

Anyway, any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sbtpedigree.com/dogarchive3/details.php?id=128854

http://www.sbtpedigree.com/dogarchive3/details.php?id=141220

These are the links to his parents.
TonyW
TonyW
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Separeted
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog(s) Ages : 18/12/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down

Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need. Empty Re: Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need.

Post by Steve Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:01

caryll isn't on the forum anymore  thinking 

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need. Empty Re: Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need.

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:04

Oh, Is there anyone else that you know of with any show experience Steve?
TonyW
TonyW
Breeder wants me to show my puppy when he matures. I think it is Caryll I need. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:05

i cant find out the COI becasue the sire name is wrong

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:06

TonyW wrote:Oh, Is there anyone else that you know of with any show experience Steve?

how do you know about caryll becasue her account was deleted last year?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:08

On the Kennel club website there is an apostrophe on the s on fairleniums. However you can search on Barney's kennel name Slatjack Minted Major. Thanks.
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:09

Only by reading posts that I now realise are quite old. Didn't look at the dates, sorry.

Barney's details are on KC but not yet on SBT Ped site.
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:13

i sorted it, 3% that really good Smile i love pied dogs also... there may be some shower on here but it's not my cut of tea

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhia Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:15

I've asked to be on sbt as some of banes's history is missing in there and I'd like to update it also his great granddaddy names is spelt wrong on there lol
(According to his 5 gen paperwork)
Rhia
Rhia

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Banes
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:16

I got that impression from our previous discussions here. Not really my cup of tea either but sort of felt a bit of an obligation to the Breeder as she was so nice all the way through the process.

If either me or Barney do not enjoy the experience it will not be continuing believe me!
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:19

I have another post in this section detailing some other issues I have found on that database. I don't know how far it can be trusted really. Not criticising, just not sure. Example, search for Dog called Black King, four different dogs (or at least pieces of information) returned in results.

This should be impossible.
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:25

Barney is Brindle however the Dog I mentioned in my earlier post, Buster was piedbald I think they call it. Pure white with a black patch over one eye. No pinkness around the eyes, truly stunning in every way and greatly missed. He lived to 18 years of age and was a great friend and much loved member of our family.
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:28

Also, its interesting that if you search COI on Barney's parents it is 3%. If you search on Barney it is 2.5%.
TonyW
TonyW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:03

Tony
I agree with what you said about biased judging etc. However, I'm going to give showing a go.
I look at it as a social thing mainly and if Toots enjoys it then great, if she doesn't I will not continue.
We started ringcraft last week and there were loads of dogs there and it was great for Toots to have a positive experience among so many dogs.
So to sum up it should be fun for both, if not, give up!  Big Grin 
silver
silver
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Toots
Dog(s) Ages : 21/11/13
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by TillyKyra Tue Jun 03 2014, 16:11

i am no expert as only been showing since 2010 so still quite a newbie. from wat i know the lines you have like Crossguns are pretty well know in the showing ring as well as the dams pedigree. as a newbie still in showing you get bitchyness in all places. at the end of the day i show my dogs as its the best place for socalizing and that i can tlk to people who are like minded like me with the breed. if you dont like showing or the dog then you dont have to do anything you dont like. go with an open mind and if the judge doesnt place you its not the end of the day as i still take my champion home in my eyes. everyone one has their own opinons and what types like.
TillyKyra
TillyKyra
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly and Kyra
Dog(s) Ages : 10/03/2010 12/09/2012
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down