Looking for historical information on the SBT

2 posters

Go down

Looking for historical information on the SBT Empty Looking for historical information on the SBT

Post by Shes Got Heart Thu May 05 2011, 22:00

Hello everyone. I am looking for historical info on how the SBT breed started in relation to the APBT. Was the SBT the original pit dogs in England, and the APBT branched off of them when they were shipped to America. Was there any breeds added to the SBT other than the original bull and terrier cross? When was dog fighting outlawed in England and what changes did this have on the breed? Thank you.

Shes Got Heart
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Looking for historical information on the SBT Empty Re: Looking for historical information on the SBT

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 22:08

There are several books that cover all of this, but one I would recommend is The Bully Breeds by Dr David Harris. In it he covers the origins of 6 Bull & Terrier breeds - The APBT, The Staffy, The Bull Terrier, The Miniature Bull Terrier, The Boston Terrier & the AmStaff. His writing is clear & his research is spot on - plus some great pics to illustrate his points.

Back to top Go down

Looking for historical information on the SBT Empty Re: Looking for historical information on the SBT

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 22:53

I'll have to try and find that book, sounds great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 10:55

This might help...........

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=harris%2C+david&sts=t&tn=the+bully+breeds&x=43&y=15

or

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=harris%2C+david&bt.x=46&bt.y=12&sts=t&tn=the+bully+breeds

Back to top Go down

Post by Shes Got Heart Sat Jul 23 2011, 04:11

Thanks for the reply. That sounds like an excellent book.

Shes Got Heart

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Sat Jul 23 2011, 14:50

there is a bit of info on sbt on fourms opening page i think

good luck find what you want
buster2011
buster2011
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Looking for historical information on the SBT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down