Littermates need advice

Go down

Littermates need advice Empty Littermates need advice

Post by Shinellvdv Fri Nov 15 2013, 09:29

Hi Everybody

I would please like to get some advice as I am a first time Staffy owner and still learning.

I have two beautiful pups they are now six months old and they are brother and sister , my question is will they fight with each other when they get older?

They do play very rough with each other,the bark,bite and pull at each other and I step in when I feel that they are getting too rough , but during al of this their tails are wagging,are they still playing or are they fighting?

My female seemed to have been abused before we got her ,she was terrified of us and very anxious , she has been gaining a lot of confidence but she is still a little fearful but very busy she always wants to play and lick! But my worry is she is very jealous when we give him attention she climbs over him to get attention or she bites him (not hard but still) yet when she gets attention he doesn't mind

He is very calm and when he is done playing and tired , she comes and taunts him non stop until he responds and then it chasing and biting and jumping and hiding to surprise each other.

I just want to know based on what I have described , should I be worried or are they just being puppies?

I love them so so much they have changed our lives completely and I want to make sure they have the best lives possible.
Shinellvdv
Shinellvdv
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Sasha and Klaus
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : female and male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Littermates need advice Empty Re: Littermates need advice

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15 2013, 10:19

Hi, come and introduce yourself here...

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

It isn't usually recommended to get siblings together, but what's done is done.Big Grin 

Staffords do play hard, and what you describe is typical rough play. By all means step in if you feel it's going too far, and it might be an idea to separate them if you feel your dog has had enough - just long enough to give him a break!Laughing 

Nobody can honestly say whether they will fight or not at a later date, you just have to hope that they won't. Personally, I've never left two dogs alone together and have always separated mine when I've had to go out for more than a couple of minutes.

Back to top Go down