In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA

2 posters

Go down

In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA Empty In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA

Post by Fryfogle29 Sat Sep 21 2013, 16:20

Hello. My husband and I have scoured the shelters and rescue centers in our local area to come up empty. We are in hopes of finding a Staffordshire Bull Terrier Pup. We have 2 kids ages 6 and 10 so we would really like to have a young pup so that it can grow up with the kids and we can love it for many years to come.

We live in Northeast Ohio, in the small city of Salem. If anyone could help us out. That'd be great.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA Empty Re: In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21 2013, 18:34

Hope someone from the US gets on soon to help you out Smile

Back to top Go down

In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA Empty Re: In search of a reputable breeder in Ohio, USA

Post by Fryfogle29 Tue Sep 24 2013, 22:51

*sigh* I have found at least 2 breeders that aren't in Ohio, but are at least in the states that the Husband is willing to drive to. The one I found has an extensive Contract. I wouldn't mind if I could somehow post a link to it? and get opinions from the great experienced folks here on what they think of this contract. Let me know Smile thanks
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:23

Have you had a look through the SBT Club of America's Breeder's directory? You can download it here...
http://www.sbtca.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=folder&Itemid=30&id=12:breeder-directory

A lot of good breeders use quite extensive contracts in the USA. Some even maintain ownership of the dog, with the buyers being classed as adoptive or co-owners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Wed Sep 25 2013, 15:12

Yes, I did download that directory, thank you Smile .... I decided not to go with the one lady with her extensive contract because I just feel that some of what she was asking was unreasonable. If I purchase a pet for my family, it is MY pet. And I want it free an clear. I don't want to be a co-owner or adoptive I want to be the owner. Period. Lol. I did find another breeder in the next state over from me. She want's $2,000.00 for her puppies but you have the spay/neuter by 6 months old. So why so much for the pups? --- just simply frustrated.
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 16:18

Have you tried the AKC they might have a breeders list like the KC in the UK biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Sep 25 2013, 16:47

Unfortunately, that is what I have found here as well. I had to go to VA to get mine and I'm in CA. SBT here are somewhat difficult to find if you don't want an amstaff or APBT. 2k is a normal price here btw for show quality. Have you tried calling a couple and asking about pet quality and if they don't do that, you can ask if they know someone reputable that does? I rescued two through the breeder I got Monte through. Most times they just don't come out and say it, but many are involved in rescue as well.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down