problems with my staffys elbow

2 posters

Go down

problems with my staffys elbow Empty problems with my staffys elbow

Post by andrea Sat Sep 18 2010, 19:59

i have and 11 month old staffy called asia, she has had problems with her elbow for the last two months, we have taken her to the vets she has been on anti inflamitries and still is and x rays which they sent away to a special orthapedic place to check them, they cant find anything on these apart from maybe the early signs on very mild arthritus, they seem to think its soft tissue damage and have told her to rest her which we have been trying to do and its not easy. I have been giving her cod liver oil tabs everyother day but does not seem to be helping at all, the other problem that we have is that we recently aquired a liitle grey staff bitch who is 3 months called bailee, she was destined to be a breeding bitch and had had 3 homes before we got her. We have tried to do a rota system to keep asia quiet, my husband takes the puppy to work so she can rest during the day, we take her upstairs at night (carried both up and down the stairs) unless she manges to get through the gate, we watch her in the garden and call her in when she has been to the loo, the limp is still there, even when she gets up atfer sleeping all night she is still limping, its getting very stressfull, and other than sending asia somewhere else to stay for a while so she can rest without the puppy i dont know what else to do, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
andrea
andrea
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Asia and Bailee
Dog Gender(s) : both females
Support total : 0

http://pecorini3@aol.com

Back to top Go down

problems with my staffys elbow Empty Re: problems with my staffys elbow

Post by Steve Sat Sep 18 2010, 20:03

Hi andrea Smile & welcome to the forum

i had an similar problem with one of my dogs, i give my dogs omega 3 & an glucosamines one of each a day Smile you can get one's for dogs but the humans are fine for them too Smile you willn't see an quick fix it will take an few months before you see any improvemnt.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Sun Sep 19 2010, 12:25

any ideas how to keep her as quiet as poss and still give her some quality of life as its a tad boring for her at the mo, think maybe it was not the best idea to have got the other one but could not bear the thought of her just being bred over and over again, well she would have just been a money making machine rather that a pet, asia my older one so wants to play with her but we have to keep stoping it, its such a shame, knew it would not be a quick fix but she has been like it for a couple of months already and the thought of it going on for alot longer is not good news for my lovey little girl
andrea
andrea

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Asia and Bailee
Dog Gender(s) : both females
Support total : 0

http://pecorini3@aol.com

Back to top Go down