what should i feed my staff

4 posters

Go down

what should i feed my staff Empty what should i feed my staff

Post by kelly-anne Tue Aug 06 2013, 22:40

hi, ok i have a male staff he is 7 but have only had him for about 3 weeks. The owner before me was feeding him the sainsburys really cheap economy dry food and the sainsburys tinned green can. its middle of the range brand. i wanted to know a couple of things.

I'm not sure how much he is meant to eat so i give him a full can (normal size) and 2 handful of dry food mixed in with the can food. he eats it fine just leaves a little bit so im guessing the amount is ok? oh and i have changed the cheap dry food to sainsburys middle range brand he seems to like it more...

soon i want to change his dry food again so i can get it in a big sack. i want to know what sort of dry food is ok for a staff? what is working food for?

also is it ok to mix dry and wet food i have read its not confused confused confused 
kelly-anne
kelly-anne
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : ghost
Dog(s) Ages : 7
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

what should i feed my staff Empty Re: what should i feed my staff

Post by janey Tue Aug 06 2013, 22:47

Personally I don't like wet food and what he is on isn't the greatest, Have a look at this link...

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/dry_food

Heard good things on wainrights and Moo has been James Wellbeloved and Fish4dogs. I do tend to to have to add things like sardines and raw egg, and even a spoon full of wet sainsburys crap lol Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sparks Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:19

My dogs eat dry dog food.But also potato and meat and veg from our own dinners end up being given too.I have not thrown chicken or chops out since I got dogs.Big Grin 
Ruby Sparks
Ruby Sparks

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:33

I would not feed shops own brand dog food, its usually rubbish. I feed wainwrights and it is fab. it will tell you on the back how much to feed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:45

If you are feeding meat and dry food the suggestion is that you feed them at different times (that is one morning and the other at night) as they digest at different rates and can cause upset tums.

Chiquito is raw fed, so I can't give a suggestion for a biscuit from experience - the link provided by Janey will be helpful to you though Smile

You might also like to take a look at this site - it rates dry foods with stars for quality ...

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

I agree with the comments above regarding canned wet food - expensive way to feed something that is mostly water, and it rarely contains all that a dog needs.
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17 2013, 11:50

Ruby Sparks wrote:My dogs eat dry dog food.But also potato and meat and veg from our own dinners end up being given too.I have not thrown chicken or chops out since I got dogs.Big Grin 
Please be careful with chop bones. If they're cooked then they're extremely bad for them! Also, cooked potato/veg/meat will contain too much salt & can also be bad for dogs, although not seriously damaging!Big Grin 

Cooked bones of any sort should never be given to dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down