What does your dog do when someone comes to the door?

+6
asa-james
janey
johneva
zaph
HazelJ
Steve
10 posters

Go down

What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket7%What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket 7% 
[ 3 ]
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket52%What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket 52% 
[ 24 ]
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket2%What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket 2% 
[ 1 ]
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket26%What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket 26% 
[ 12 ]
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket13%What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Pbucket 13% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 46

What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Empty What does your dog do when someone comes to the door?

Post by Steve Wed Sep 01 2010, 11:35

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Empty Re: What does your dog do when someone comes to the door?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02 2010, 11:05

Really it depends who it is.If its someone she loves,she goes all bouncy lol.if she knows them genrally she just goes to see them.If she doesnt know whos there she barks.

Back to top Go down

What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Empty Re: What does your dog do when someone comes to the door?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 21:38

she loves when someone she knows comes to the door, but is a bit cautious when i stranger calls

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sun Oct 03 2010, 01:56

Well first the yhave to get through the locked front yard then it depends on if he knows the person or not, if not u better be an olympic sprinter.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 09:32

Barks like crazy but will quieten down when they're in - as long as they come in with one of us. I don't think he'd let anyone in without us there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 10:02

Dixie always barks when someone knocks on the door - they are all then put into the spare room and then once guests are settled they come out.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03 2010, 15:17

*nikki* wrote: they are all then put into the spare room and then once guests are settled they come out.

x

I don't do that cause it might be someone I don't want at the door. Dempsey barks, but I've taught him to sit until he's told otherwise. He's also not allowed to jump up at people anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by zaph Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:25

Mine tend to bark once like they are startled and them go back to sleeping and farting. People tend to be disapointed that the dogs aren't more interested in them. Very rarely do they get excited or even care when someone comes in. Kinda strange I know but I have tried to train them to stay calm in the house.
My kids on the other hand...
zaph
zaph
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, Maggie.
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:40

We tend to put them in their create for a short while when visitors turn up till they calm down a little simply as they would jump all over visitors given the chance. An its a nightmare trying to greet your visitors while trying to keep them in their bed.

They never bark just because the door has been knocked though, they just want to get attention and fuss off the visitor. In fact Duke has only ever barked about 4 times in his life so far. Normally when it shocks him, like when I fell down the stairs late at night when I was drunk after a night out.

Or a couple of times when someone has popped out of nowhere when on a walk, even then its a quick one bark and done.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:50

Goes and gets the guest a toy Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:55

Barks at knock at the door. Runs to see who it is. If its someone he knows or a woman he'll greet them,
and if its someone he doesnt know then he'll bark until they apologize for disturbing him Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 18:39

When someone knocks on the door they both bark, but Chance growls and bares his teeth at the door, They both go behind the baby gate next to the main door and next to me. Chance will continue to growl and air snap at nothing unless told to be quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 18:56

Put other as they can't get to the door due to a safety gate but from behind it Tommy barks and Tilly is silent , but they are both getting more and more excited at the same time Smile particularly when they know its daddy coming home Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 18:58

janey wrote:

bless Moo Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:53

"WOOF! WOOFWOOFWOOF! GET THE HELL OUTTA MY oh your a person! well HELLO! how are you? if its alright with you i'm gonna sit on your foot so oyu gotta give me a stroke. ooooh yeah Big Grin wait, dont stop! i'm more important than them! oh pleeeeeeeeeeease! what? what dad? fine i'll go to my bed...*mutters something inaudible*"
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:54

asa-james wrote:"WOOF! WOOFWOOFWOOF! GET THE HELL OUTTA MY oh your a person! well HELLO! how are you? if its alright with you i'm gonna sit on your foot so oyu gotta give me a stroke. ooooh yeah Big Grin wait, dont stop! i'm more important than them! oh pleeeeeeeeeeease! what? what dad? fine i'll go to my bed...*mutters something inaudible*"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:54

Sadly Suki barks like crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Wed Jan 09 2013, 09:52

If Maddie is asleep she may well ignore it, or bark once.

Once they come in however...she does a good impersonation of a kangaroo (she is behind a baby gate) then, if allowed out she greets them like long lost friends, even if she has never met them before.
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Jan 17 2013, 18:27

Steve wrote:What does your dog do when someone comes to the door?
If I'm in he will bark at the door and then try and jump up and greet the person at the door whether he knows them or not. The postwoman now loves him and always spends a minute petting him. Friends who have called when I'm out but Storm is in say he doesn't make a sound... Total fail as an effective guard dog. Laughing
iamajc
iamajc
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Storm
Dog(s) Ages : about 7 was a stray
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony n Jane Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:45

Ella never barks even though we have tried to train her to bark at noises etc but she does bounce all over any visitors making sure she licks them clean before getting comfy Smile
Tony n Jane
Tony n Jane
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your dog do when someone comes to the door? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and half
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:12

Ledger really isn't bothered he has never barked and if he hears the door or letter box he only moves off the sofa if I do. For postmen/deliveries/unplanned callers I have a gate between the front and back rooms so that he can see who ever is there (and they can see him). I am trying to sell my house so if there are any viewings he is kept in his crate any one else I think he would probably expect the same cuddles as he gets from me although I am slowly breaking through with his 'sit for fuss' when I come home
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Tue Jan 29 2013, 15:05

We have a baby gate so Maddie does kangaroo impersonations behind it when someone visits. She would bounce all over them given half a chance though doh
Sar H
Sar H

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:52

Kenny cant wait to jump and kiss all vistors. He'll then scamper around to pick up anything he can find and just trot around with it in his mouth, going back and foe, dropping it by their feet , as if to say, "please chase me, i want to play" and not forgeting the very wiggley bum Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:55

Dave wrote:
asa-james wrote:"WOOF! WOOFWOOFWOOF! GET THE HELL OUTTA MY oh your a person! well HELLO! how are you? if its alright with you i'm gonna sit on your foot so oyu gotta give me a stroke. ooooh yeah Big Grin wait, dont stop! i'm more important than them! oh pleeeeeeeeeeease! what? what dad? fine i'll go to my bed...*mutters something inaudible*"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Brilliant Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31 2013, 22:56

janey wrote:

Sound like Kenny Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down