Hormone imbalance

3 posters

Go down

Hormone imbalance Empty Hormone imbalance

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 10:59

So I haven't been around on the forum much lately as a few weeks ago now I noticed a lump that I thought was on Steffs mammary.. It grew quite quickly from marble size to golf ball size and it worried me sick Sad As soon as the vet examined her he said he didn't think malignant tumour(cancer) as it moved freely and wasn't "attatched" to anything whew! So 1st thing he did was run some tests that showed she had a chemical hormone imbalance, he said this would have contributed to the lump, the fact Steff had quite an early season (7 months) also her growth..

A few days ago she was spayed and the "lump" easily removed and sent away for testing, that has now come back as being a benign mass ?? All I heard was NOT cancer Smile

So now the next 3 weeks is recovery time and then she needs to spend another day undergoing more tests to see if after the spaying the hormones balance (or improve) then he said we will plan a course of action?? I was too excited to get my girl home and didn't ask what that action would be so if anyone knows how these things are handled I would appreciate your advice Smile

Anyway sorry for the long post but I haven't felt able to speak about it until now so you just got a 3 week catch up on Steffi Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Hormone imbalance Empty Re: Hormone imbalance

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:13

>Big Grin< >Big Grin< for you & steffi, you must have been to hell and back Kylie, It's great news steffi's on the mend & recovering well. Thank goodness the lump was benign, great to have you back Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:21

Thanks Hayley Smile There have been a few issues with Steff in the last 9 months Rolling Eyes but it looks as though a few of them may have been caused by crazy hormones Laughing it seems she has been a teenager since about 3-4months old Surprised The worst thing (after being told that it was highly unlikely to be cancer) was having her spayed Sad i really wanted to wait a while longer, but hey ho its done now..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:27

Us females and are crazy hormones have a lot to answer for Laughing I bet you've had lots of fun trying to keep her calm Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:33

At the moment she is still feeling quite unwell so, so far it is easy, she just sleeping a lot, the next few days will probably get harder though.. Once she feels a bit better in herself I'm sure she will want to be running around but we have at least 10 days for stitches to come out Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:44

Poor thing. Sad

Can't really say about possible treatment until the vets manage to figure out what hormones were affected. I hope it all goes back to normal quickly though! >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:50

Eleanor wrote:Poor thing. Sad

Can't really say about possible treatment until the vets manage to figure out what hormones were affected. I hope it all goes back to normal quickly though! >Big Grin<

They had a sheet of results that had lots of numbers but I didn't get a copy of it Sad I just wanted to get my sad looking girly home.. Fingers and paws crossed that spaying will balance it all out i dont know It has been pretty confusing.. I knew Steff was growing quite quickly, not excessivley big but she hasn't looked like a pup for a long long time and she only 10 months but now he says that is probably hormonal as well..

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:55

So glad to hear Steffi will be okay, even if she is under the weather at the moment. Sorry but I can't help out at all with what vets do in regards to this sort of thing ... I can send hugs for both of you >Big Grin< >Big Grin< and say it is great to have you back though Smile
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 11:58

Kylie wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Poor thing. Sad

They had a sheet of results that had lots of numbers but I didn't get a copy of it Sad I just wanted to get my sad looking girly home.. Fingers and paws crossed that spaying will balance it all out i dont know It has been pretty confusing.. I knew Steff was growing quite quickly, not excessivley big but she hasn't looked like a pup for a long long time and she only 10 months but now he says that is probably hormonal as well..

>Big Grin< Must be very stressful for you. Thankfully, if spaying hasn't sorted out the hormonal problems, the world of medicine is very good for controlling hormones. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 06 2013, 12:08

Kylie wrote:

I was too excited to get my girl home and didn't ask what that action would be so if anyone knows how these things are handled I would appreciate your advice Smile

Anyway sorry for the long post but I haven't felt able to speak about it until now so you just got a 3 week catch up on Steffi Big Grin

Why not drop an email to the vet and ask them to explain what the action will be, you will then have a record of it to look back on too.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06 2013, 12:12

Thanks Kathy good idea Smile It would be good to get the last lot of results to compare against the next lot in 3 weeks too..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jun 06 2013, 12:50

Awww poor Steffi and you >Big Grin<

Fingers crossed she's on the road to recovery now Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single