looks like bits of blood in her poo

2 posters

Go down

looks like bits of blood in her poo Empty looks like bits of blood in her poo

Post by mdjlucan Sun Jun 02 2013, 13:34

any ideas wot it can be since yesterday she haves bakers treats her main food is barking heads dry food wot look like blood it very small bits can it be she constipated her poo is hard lumps his there any thing i can put in her food to stop her constipated
mdjlucan
mdjlucan
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Annie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

looks like bits of blood in her poo Empty Re: looks like bits of blood in her poo

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 13:49

Different food tbh! and stop the baker treats. Not very good food in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

looks like bits of blood in her poo Empty Re: looks like bits of blood in her poo

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 13:51

Is the blood bright red or dark?

Bright red blood indicates a problem in the lower digestive tract. This usually isn't serious. It's normally something like a small tear in the rectum, often caused by constipation.

Dark red blood has been digested, which means there is a problem further up in the digestive tract. If this is the case, a vet needs to be seen immediately.

If it's bright red, I'd keep an eye on her for 24 hours. If there is still blood in her stools, a vet trip might be needed.

Constipation can be eased by adding fiber to the diet, making sure she's hydrated and giving her plenty of excercise. It could be that she has problems digesting her food at the moment, so you may need to keep an eye on that too and change it if necessary. Bakers isn't the best treat to be feeding either. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 14:19

As Eleanor says, if it's blood then it could be because of constipation.

By the way, were there colours in the treats? If so, are you sure that the bits of red aren't just undigested bits of treat?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Jun 02 2013, 15:01

The best treats IMO are cooked sausage (sliced up) or sliced savaloy sausage ! My 2 go bonkers !
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down