need some medical advice?

Go down

need some medical advice? Empty need some medical advice?

Post by MarleyAndMe Wed Mar 23 2011, 23:39

marley came in from the garden afew days ago with a scratch on his face im not sure what he was up to but all i no is it isnt bad its only a scrape if it was on me i wouldnt evan bother with a plaster anyway i did the usual thing of bathing it in luke warm salt water and then put some sudocreme on it, it scabbed over fine and it doesnt hurt him when i touch it but the thing is he keeps scratching the scab off and i keep repeating the process of cleaning it, is there anything i can do to help or will he need a lampshade fitting for a while untill it goes cheers
MarleyAndMe
MarleyAndMe
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

need some medical advice? Empty Re: need some medical advice?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 00:13

depends on how big the scab is and if it bleeds alot if he knocks it off? .. my previous dog was forever getting scrapes in the garden and they would just heal over, even if he knocked the scabs of it will finally heal in time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 03:10

I guess they are like us. When a scab forms over a sore it always gets itchy. Jethro had a big operation a few months back to remove a large lump under his arm pit and they cut heaps of lumps and warts off him. Then would you believe a month later he got a haemotoma in his ear. So he had 2 ops in a short space of time. The vet put one of those plastic elizabethan collars on him so he couldn't scratch at his ear .. but it drove him berserk. He would stand and shake his head and he would crash into all the furniture because he couldn't judge how far the collar stuck out. It drove him bonkers so we took it off him and just kept an eye on him... luckily he was a good boy..!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:25

Try leaving off the sudocrem, it might make the scab harden quicker & fdall off on its own. Sudocrem's great stuff, but I doubt that it'll get infected now that it's scabbing over properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyAndMe Thu Mar 24 2011, 13:50

well the scrape is about the size of a 10p so fairly large in size and everytime it scabs over he just scratches it off and makes it bleed again it looks terrible because only the other week he tried running under a wood fence with a football in his gob and headbutted the bottom of it so hes got a little graze on his forehead aswell but it just looks as if he's been fighting with cuts and grazes all over his head lol i dont no what people must think when they see him but i hope they clear up soon haha
MarleyAndMe
MarleyAndMe

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down