kieron
daisyszoo
Marian
Steve
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where does your dog’s name come from?

Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket10%Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket 10% 
[ 7 ]
Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket10%Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket 10% 
[ 7 ]
Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket24%Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket 24% 
[ 17 ]
[ 7 ]
Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket46%Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Pbucket 46% 
[ 32 ]

Total Votes : 70

Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Empty Where does your dog’s name come from?

Post by Steve Wed Sep 01 2010, 11:29

First topic message reminder :

Where does your dog’s name come from?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does your dog’s name come from?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 14:07

When i picked Taz up he was handed to me and i just thought Taz his name was rocky, Cassie already had her name but i love it because i wind this woman up who i really dislike when i call Cassie she looks at me then i give My Cassie a good pet saying theres a good girl. BlondyBear was my mums idea which i do not like but it suits her I'v always wanted to name her Maya which is a heroine dog in eight below which i love...I'm still thinking about changing it has anyone ever tried calling out BlondyBear in public doh I have an image to protect you know all in black, piercings and tattoos and there i am calling for Blondybear everyone think I like the singer Surprised

Back to top Go down

Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does your dog’s name come from?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 16:07

i was going to call woody Dave - i just love it. dave the dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 11:30

"Kita" (my 14yr old) became a shortened version of Chiquita which is what I originally named her. It really was too much of a mouthful to call our her name. I'd heard it somewhere but not sure where. As for Izzy, we went and saw her in the afternoon then took Kita back with us to meet her as well. In the meantime we'd been trying to think of names but to no avail. Of course Kita ignored her after a growl in her direction but that didn't stop "Miss Busy" from running around checking everything out, which is when "Busy Izzie" just popped out. My hubby always says we should have called her Rosy as in "nosey rosey", but I think that's a bit mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 15:55

hhmmm Chiquita reminds me of the Abba song !!.. interesting how we name all our doggies,isn't it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 16:46

rolling on the floor
OMG, I hadn't even realised it sounded like that song. A friend's daughter was named something similar as well as another friends dog, maybe they both got their names from ABBA.
Well spotted!!hee hee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22 2011, 20:09

Well Mazda got her name cos i couldnt think of anything i liked and she was very close to being called "viper" but friends kept saying shes too cute u cant, a bright yellow MAZDA car went past us and there ya go Mazda it was Tongues

Zero on the other hand was "the pup" for days, I wanted Zak but my mums a vet and its the most common sbt name on the books so that put me off, I really liked "daddy" after c milans dog but as i'd just split with my toddlers dad every1 laughed said no cos if any one says "wheres daddy" shes gonna say "in the dog bed" Laughing so that night i sat down with a vodka & coke looked at the bottle of coke zero and Zero it was Smile

(only prob is i get asked is it short for zero tolerance i just say nah zero brains Tongues lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun May 22 2011, 20:22

Laughing great meanings!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23 2011, 01:14

Staffiexxx wrote:Well Mazda got her name cos i couldnt think of anything i liked and she was very close to being called "viper" but friends kept saying shes too cute u cant, a bright yellow MAZDA car went past us and there ya go Mazda it was Tongues

Zero on the other hand was "the pup" for days, I wanted Zak but my mums a vet and its the most common sbt name on the books so that put me off, I really liked "daddy" after c milans dog but as i'd just split with my toddlers dad every1 laughed said no cos if any one says "wheres daddy" shes gonna say "in the dog bed" Laughing so that night i sat down with a vodka & coke looked at the bottle of coke zero and Zero it was Smile

(only prob is i get asked is it short for zero tolerance i just say nah zero brains Tongues lol)

yeah these 2 have so much meaning for their names!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Mon May 23 2011, 14:07

Poppy was already named when we got her, we liked the name so we kept it Smile
Also my JRT, Mylo was named after the JRT in the film ''MASK'' with Jim Carrey Tongues

I had a dog for 10 years before them, that was called Toffee. We called him it because we couldnt think of a name for him, and while I was thinking I was eating a toffee sweet.. So we just called him Toffee. Big Grin
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Where does your dog’s name come from? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 23:49

Vinnie is named affter my previous staffy i lost in october! .. his name was diesel and he was named by my mom who ADORES Vin Diesel lol .. so when we lost diesel and got vinnie we HAD to name him after him .. so we came up with DJ (Diesel Junior) OR Vinnie (Vin DIESEL) and we went with vinnie Smile.

Skye is named by my mom even tho she's mine haha .. My little sister was going to be named skye when she was born but they named her abbie instead so she thought nice gesture lets give her the name my sister was going to have Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by ceedee Sat May 28 2011, 14:01

Called dizzy cos when she gets excited she runs around in circles like she's chasing her tail Tongues
ceedee
ceedee
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Sun May 29 2011, 14:06

when we first met Mambo his name was Riley, he's got that name at the shelter 2 moths before and he didn't really seem to be used to it, so we thought we can still change it.
We asked our friends to choose between four names we thought about, actually most of the people went for another name but after Mambo finally joined us at home, me and my OH decided that it's a good name for him.
In fact, I'm not sure where the idea came from, definitely thinking 'mambo' we had a cuban dance style on our mind, but neither me nor my wife have anything to do with dancing Big Grin
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Sun May 29 2011, 21:08

blayde is the only name me n my fella cud agree on, but i always sed i wantd it spelt different- not like i knife. we chose the name 4him while he was in his doggy mum's belly. he's registerd as blade of cotswold tho..2my anoyance!
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by woothenoo Wed Jun 01 2011, 21:48

Jess is named after my dearest mum Jessie......xx
woothenoo
woothenoo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stanleysmummy Sat Jun 25 2011, 16:08

Stanleys daddy played a druid on world of warcraft called Stanley ... everyone knew the name and always said hello to him so i suggested it would be a good name for our lovely boy Smile His name was Zeus but we much prefer Stanley and we think he does too Smile
Stanleysmummy
Stanleysmummy

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Sat Jun 25 2011, 18:03

When i knew we were getting a little black girl ... i just wanted her name to be summit to do with black...so i thought of jiggling about the word INK and came up with Inca ( not INKA but INCA )...

We called our rottie Kruga as we love things to do with africa (animals i mean !!) and we allways wanted to go to 'Kruger national park' and when we saw him the 1st time i just knew he would suit the name Kruga.. I jiggled it about abit just to be different and i didn't want people to stupidly think he was named after 'freddy kruger'... Some people did actually think i had named him after that character just because he was a rottie... or a devil dog as he was once called ... Grrrrrrrr
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by NewStaffyOwner Sun Jun 26 2011, 00:05

Well my granddad is called Charlie so I wasnt keen on calling my new pup that.. however when I first saw the little terror, something about his face SCREAMED Charlie....

Plus Bella's dad on Twilight is called Charlie and Billy Burke who plays him is REALLY cute lol.
NewStaffyOwner
NewStaffyOwner

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27 2011, 02:30

Suki means loving one in Japanese. I figured it would be easy for everyone to pronounce since we have a bilingual house and help fight the sterotype at the same time. Seems to fit her too since she always wants to greet everyone with a kiss.

It is also close to a character on True Blood just pronounced slightly different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Mon Jun 27 2011, 14:18

Jimi is named after Jimi Hendrix, my favourite musician Smile
Summerisle
Summerisle

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 10:53

Summerisle wrote:Jimi is named after Jimi Hendrix, my favourite musician Smile

thumbs up Love him on the Woodstock 3 Days of Love and Peace movie !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Tue Jul 05 2011, 21:41

Henry - Rescue dog, and we had no clue of his name at all, we liked Roscoe but he wouldn't answer to that, was going to call him Riley, because it my OH and Lad surname but would have got to confusing. Got Henry after a hoover. If it goes on the ground it goes to the hound!! =D Laughing

Missy, was already named, i didnt have the heart to change it. She's now my Little Miss. x
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Tue Jul 05 2011, 23:48

For Gus,we while we were visiting him before we picked him up at 10 weeks old I was trying to decide his name. I was going to call him Coal (because he is black) but he never looked like he had interest in it. So I decided that he looked like a Gus one day,and he started answering to that when we brought him home. So now he's Gus! Also known as Gussy and Mischief Wink

Kelly was named after an old family member,and when she was a puppy it just seemed to suit her,and she liked it too and answered to it. So now she is Kelly! Short but true story on Kelly's name Laughing She is also known as Beaner and Kellster Cool
emily
emily

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gus & Maybel (Kelly RIP)
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 02:19

scott wrote:stich,s name come from the cartoon lelo and stich,cos my daughter loved it,and then when i got lelo it become lelo and stich... and iv still never seen any one with their names....
wich i like.... Cool Love Struck Cool

haha we decided Russell's middle name would be Stitch, because when he yawned on the way home from picking him up his mouth was so big like stitches! haha such a fitting name for a staffy, I reckon the character Stitch was based on a staff for sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 02:21

Also Russell's name came from two place's - a sort of in joke from when my boyfriend lived with his dad in Alice Springs in the Aboriginal communities, but also for me its from the kids show Stickin' around where the character Russell always stinks and the other kids go "eeeewww whats that funky smell" and together they all say "Ruuusseeeellll"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum