Does anyone agree or suport any of these

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone agree or suport any of these Empty Does anyone agree or suport any of these

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:14

Do you agree or is disagree with any of these blood sports and why?
Badger-baiting
Bear-baiting
Bull-baiting
Bullfighting
Cockfighting
* throwing
Coursing
Dog fighting
Donkey-baiting
Duck-baiting
Fox hunting
Fox tossing
Goose pulling
Hare hunting
Hog dogging
Hog-baiting
Hyena-baiting
Lion-baiting
Monkey-baiting
Rat baiting
Wolf hunting
Wolf-baiting

Just curious

Back to top Go down

Does anyone agree or suport any of these Empty Re: Does anyone agree or suport any of these

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:22

looking at the list, I do not support these types of sports , but I have not heard of some on them, I can imagine what baiting and fighting are, but what is
Fox tossing & Goose pulling - the mind boggles.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone agree or suport any of these Empty Re: Does anyone agree or suport any of these

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:27

Fox tossing is what it sounds using live foxes and slingshot, but these days hands are using to swing the fox by the tail around in the air and let it go. its a very old tradition which can still be witnessed.
Goose pulling live goose are hung by the feet from swing like poles, a horse riding ride under and attepts to pull the head off the goose

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:33

I don't agree with any by glancing through the list!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq505 Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:35

MissRogue wrote:Fox tossing is what it sounds using live foxes and slingshot, but these days hands are using to swing the fox by the tail around in the air and let it go. its a very old tradition which can still be witnessed.
Goose pulling live goose are hung by the feet from swing like poles, a horse riding ride under and attepts to pull the head off the goose

I had never heard of those either and they sound absolutly horrible! I am not a fan of animal cruelty for sport in any way. Taking the life of an animal to feed your family or protect your family is one thing but for sport is another.
suzyq505
suzyq505
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Emma, Fritz, Tulip, Bean
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:35

I woud of just said blood sports but not many people know just how many different ones there are you even had insect and fish ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:51

I loathe & detest all blood sports.

I know animals have to die to feed humans (not me, I'm vege!) but to make a sport out of it is vile.

The only thing I will grudgingly accept is people hunting rabbits or fishing for food, as long as it is done humanely - not through chasing with dogs etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 14:56

Caryll wrote:I loathe & detest all blood sports..

Me to Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 15:23

MissRogue wrote:Fox tossing is what it sounds using live foxes and slingshot, but these days hands are using to swing the fox by the tail around in the air and let it go. its a very old tradition which can still be witnessed.

OMG - that is terrible - is that legal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 16:02

Yuk.. I feel sick reading all those things "people" do to other living animals that cannot defend themselves. I hope I don't have a nightmare tonight.....Man has nothing to be proud of.... he is such a hero when the animal can't fight back! Pathetic !!

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq505 Mon Mar 21 2011, 17:42

vanessa wrote:Yuk.. I feel sick reading all those things "people" do to other living animals that cannot defend themselves. I hope I don't have a nightmare tonight.....Man has nothing to be proud of.... he is such a hero when the animal can't fight back! Pathetic !!

Agreed!
suzyq505
suzyq505

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Emma, Fritz, Tulip, Bean
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 18:59

I do not agree with any type of blood sport.
I'm quite a natural person and i think nature onto nature is better than gun, trap or posion on to nature. I do not like minors hunting with dogs for rabbits, foxes etc because they do not train their dogs humanly but professionals train for quick kill like the snap of ones neck rather than tear and there are not many around anymore.
Fox hunting for example was done by dogs which is natural and can witnessed naturally all over the world without the encouragement of people but now it has been banned foxes are killed by gun/traps/poison. Using a gun rarely hits to kill so the fox goes away and dies slowly/ traps/slow and painful death/poison doesn't always get the fox but rather birds of prey and other animals.
I don't hold anything against those who eat meat because that is natural its just the way the animals are kept and killed for that meat which i do not agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 21:24

I agree with you, Claire. Animals will always be kept for meat & that's ok as long as they are kept comfortably & humanely.

I have known people who shoot rabbits, and others who trap them with ferrets, purely for their meat, not the enjoyment of a so-called sport. Generally speaking they're quick kills. While I wouldn't do it myself, I'm not against others doing it.

I abhor hunting with dogs - including lamping - and would like to set dogs onto the hunters to see how they would like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:36

Surely not a single living sole would agree with any those things, well no normal balanced person anyway

Especially cockfighting i'd be no good on a cold day Smile maybe I've misunderstood that one

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:44

None of them Im extremely anti cruelty and would not class any as sport. I dont eat meat, anything from a animal I dont use leather or fur and only use synthetic materials.
I dont preach to others as I beleive everyone has the right to choice .
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:45

Marty tut tut Laughing Laughing Laughing
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 22:49

Marty wrote:Surely not a single living sole would agree with any those things, well no normal balanced person anyway

Especially cockfighting i'd be no good on a cold day Smile maybe I've misunderstood that one

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:54

Marty
So thats what them lads were doing in the nightclub......thought they were doing some strange dance moves.

Im anti anything like this. Infact since I hit 30 im also against taking part myself in anything that falls under the category of sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 08:30

Caryll wrote:
Marty wrote:Surely not a single living sole would agree with any those things, well no normal balanced person anyway

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 14:27

I do not support any blood sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 15:01

CatStina wrote:I do not support any blood sports.

I agree. They should all be banned. There is so much cruelty in the world as it is...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 15:53

vanessa wrote:
CatStina wrote:I do not support any blood sports.

I agree. They should all be banned. There is so much cruelty in the world as it is...

Too true...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down