Calories in wainwrights

Go down

Calories in wainwrights Empty Calories in wainwrights

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 23:15

Are they particularly high in calories? Lexi is on the mature salmon and potato and put on weight from she's started it. She was fed the same as she was with her old food, but when I noticed her putting on weight I made it less. She's had a while bag of pah bones in the 3 weeks I was on holiday so no surprise she's bit more pudgy than usual, but wasn't fed a terrible amount of dry kibble. But is still very overweight!

She's nearly 10 so doesn't like to go too far, 30mins is about average then she starts sitting down and is getting a bit limpy after about 20mins now. (Which is why I like the salmon mature for joints etc)

Her dinner looks so measly though and I feel bad that she's hungry.

Basically I'm asking should I switch her to the wainwright s light or is there much difference really? Does the mature one have things nutritionally that the light won't?

Back to top Go down

Calories in wainwrights Empty Re: Calories in wainwrights

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 10:50

I've not explored it myself Hayley , but our 2 are both on Adult 1-7 and we don't have any weight or hunger probs (if anything lately Tilly has dropped a fair bit of weight but to a normal instead of Tubby level and looks pretty good for it). Don't some of the bigger and better PAH have staff trained as dog nutritionists these days , maybe you could make some inquiries and see what they have to say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 14:15

Dave wrote:I've not explored it myself Hayley , but our 2 are both on Adult 1-7 and we don't have any weight or hunger probs (if anything lately Tilly has dropped a fair bit of weight but to a normal instead of Tubby level and looks pretty good for it). Don't some of the bigger and better PAH have staff trained as dog nutritionists these days , maybe you could make some inquiries and see what they have to say

They do, but i saw one recommending a bag of bakers to a lady, so i don't really hold must trust in them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 14:22

Hayley wrote:
Dave wrote:I've not explored it myself Hayley , but our 2 are both on Adult 1-7 and we don't have any weight or hunger probs (if anything lately Tilly has dropped a fair bit of weight but to a normal instead of Tubby level and looks pretty good for it). Don't some of the bigger and better PAH have staff trained as dog nutritionists these days , maybe you could make some inquiries and see what they have to say

They do, but i saw one recommending a bag of bakers to a lady, so i don't really hold must trust in them!

But was this just a member of staff or the nutritionist ?? I know you have to speak as you find and have seen some people report their local PAH being about the same staffing standards as Mcdonalds on a bad day (sorry if anyone reads this works there and I am generalising Blushing ) For me the local big PAH is pretty good , will always get some people that just "work" there but I found some really helpful staff , a few staffy owners themselves, always make a fuss of the dogs if I have them in there and no complaints from me

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 14:26

Moo is on a calorie controlled food, not sure if it helps or not, you could always give the vets a ring Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down