The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire

2 posters

Go down

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire Empty The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire

Post by mrsjcmking Sun Apr 21 2013, 13:39

Skyla is 1yr old American Bulldog x Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She is Brindle and White with striking blue eyes. She is one of the loveliest dogs you could know. She is not only stunningly beautiful, but she is very friendly, loves anyone she meets, is playful yet has a lazy streak, she has you in stitches most of the day with her silly antics, she is so adorable and when she looks at you with those eyes she truly melts your heart. Her only bad points are the noise she can make and the need to have company - but really these are nothing compared to most rescue dogs. Any owner would be so very lucky to have this little princess in their lives and I am looking forward to the day when she makes someone a very very very happy human!

- Skyla would like someone who loves lots of cuddles and doesn't mind sloppy kisses - preferably on the lips!
- Skyla loves other dogs - but she can play rather roughly and if homed with another dog will need one that can stand up for itself and is strong enough to cope with her big bouncy nature.
- Skyla does not like being alone. She likes company, whether it is human or dog company.
- Skyla likes chewing things, in true puppy style, now her teeth are a bit stronger she has taken to chewing anything she can so will need lots of bones, chew toys to keep her occupied (quick hint, rag rugs don't work well with Skyla as she likes to pull the rags out!)
- Skyla likes her walks, she is very good at recall now and is much better both on and off lead. She walks perfectly to heel in a figure 8 halter.
- Skyla is getting very good at her commands, she now knows "sit", "down", "no", "up", "stay" "Paw" and even plays fetch!
- As well as her walks Skyla loves to snooze - preferably right on top of her human in the most inconvenient place.
- Skyla loves soft furnishings, so a home where she would be allowed on the sofa or bed would be perfect!
- Skyla is crate trained and sleeps in her crate at night without any problems.
- Skyla loves kids - especially covering them in sloppy kisses - shes a big softy at heart!
- Skyla would like a garden to play in, as she loves being outside (when it isn't raining or snowing of course!)
- Skyla likes to be in charge, you need to be firm with her (although no smacking of course - a good firm NO works fine with her!) because she likes to be the boss and get her own way. She loves other dogs but may take a while to get her bearings and can show a dominant streak at times, she's getting much better at sharing as well.
- Skyla is noisy, she makes some strange noises whilst playing and will bark if she doesn't like something. She is VERY vocal when playing and sometimes this can seem a bit much, but she is NOT a vicious dog at all, she is all bark and no bite!

For any enquiries about Skyla please Contact Yorkshire Rose Dog Rescue by visiting their website -

http://www.yorkshirerosedogrescue.co.uk/

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 53819810

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 7848_110

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 39285810

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 53983910

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 38310110

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire 56201610

Last edited by mrsjcmking on Sun Apr 21 2013, 20:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added the area to title, got the breeding wrong!)

mrsjcmking
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire Empty Re: The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 15:27

Aww skylar is beautiful, I hope she finds her forever home soon Smile

Back to top Go down

The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire Empty Re: The Beautiful Skyla needs a forever home SBTxABD West Yorkshire

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 15:30

She's a beauty and sounds perfect for someone with a bit of energy and another bouncey lonely staff , hope she gets that home she deserves soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:26

Good luck Skyla, I wish I could rescue them all Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:32

What a gorgeous pooch...hope she finds a home soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsjcmking Sun Apr 21 2013, 16:44

She's been with us about 3 months now. When she arrived she was 10 months old, 10kg, and didn't respond to any sort of verbal commands. She had splayed feet that the vet said would never improve, because she was neglected and starved at such a young age (owner had her from 8weeks old) the tendons in her feet hadn't developed properly. She used to just fall over randomly, couldn't jump on the sofa, she looked so weird, huge head, huge flat feet and skinny body. My husband called her Gollum. The first day she came she had been to the groomers the day before had her nails clipped, and they literaly fell apart, she stole my dogs bone and within 10 seconds of munching on it her gums bled everywhere. She was just a mess.

She now weighs over 20kg and is so agile. She comes back to call (sometimes better than my own dog - putting him to shame), she knows all the basic commands as well as paw and fetch. She is almost as agile and bouncy as my dog (not quite - he's a whippet cross kangaroo!). Her feet (to the amazement of the vet) are so much better than they were, and her teeth and claws are now strong and healthy. She is just a totally different dog - but the whole time she has been with us the thing that stands out the most is the love she has to give. She just wants your love and affection all the time. She is so cuddly, she has to be next to you or on you or snogging your face off. I'm amazed she hasn't been snapped up.

The dog she lived with has been rehomed 2 months ago so it is definitely Skyla's turn now. She just comes on leaps and bounds every day. We met a rude nasty dog walker the other day, who told me Skyla was fierce and she wouldn't trust her to play with her dogs - Skyla was sat there with her tongue lolling out in a big loony staffy smile, good as gold, whilst this other lady's dogs were barkings, growling, snapping and snarling at her. One of them was off the lead and she had no control over it as it chased us, it refused to come back to call. She told me her dogs were really friendly but she wouldn't trust Skyla with them.

The rest of our walk Skyla was off lead and came back every time, even chose me after a nice bird to chase, then our walk home she walked to heel the whole way good as gold. I was swelling with pride. She really deserves a forever home. I don't want her to get tooo settled with us and then be ripped out and not cope well because with time and love this girl could be a little superstar!

mrsjcmking

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down