skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross)

2 posters

Go down

skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross) Empty skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross)

Post by joelle Tue Mar 15 2011, 04:00

Hi everyone,
I have taken my baby girl who is just under 6 months old to the vet 3 times regarding her skin. She had some patches on her head and on her legs where she has been loosing hair, it also looks sometimes a lil nasty. She is not itchy. When i took her to the vet they did a skin check for mits and came back clear and have just told us to wash her every 3 days in some special wash but it has not cleared up at all. Does anybody have an idea on what i can do. She eats raw meat for tea either chicken necks, mince and steak with out left overs and is also on eagle pack dry food.
Also she is crate trained and sometimes her breath stinks so bad that it smells like she has been eating sh*t. could she be pooing in her crate and eating it, they is always poo on the lawn so i dont know if she is or not.
Please help me.
joelle
joelle
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Coco
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross) Empty Re: skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 05:37

Mt staffy Jethro has been bathed in Pinetarsol all his life, and has never had a skin problem ( he is nearly 12.. everyone comments on his shiney coat.. )
Pinetarsol is a pine tar based product.. it is actually a human product that we use when we have chickenpox and similar problems, so you get it at the chemist. I just put one cap of it in a bucket of warm water ( the water goes a green colour, and has a funny sort of pong about it, but when your dogs fur dries it just smells clean.. ) then I use a flannel and just rub it and tip it over him.... the beauty of this product too is that it is not designed to be rinsed off. This is also an excellent product for dogs that get really smelly.
Regarding honky breath.. charcoal tablets or biscuits are great for that !

Back to top Go down

skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross) Empty Re: skin problem and eating poo (EWWW gross)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 10:49

vanessa wrote:Mt staffy Jethro has been bathed in Pinetarsol all his life, and has never had a skin problem ( he is nearly 12.. everyone comments on his shiney coat.. )
Pinetarsol is a pine tar based product.. it is actually a human product that we use when we have chickenpox and similar problems, so you get it at the chemist. I just put one cap of it in a bucket of warm water ( the water goes a green colour, and has a funny sort of pong about it, but when your dogs fur dries it just smells clean.. ) then I use a flannel and just rub it and tip it over him.... the beauty of this product too is that it is not designed to be rinsed off. This is also an excellent product for dogs that get really smelly.

I've not heard of that one - I'll try that myself for Dempsey as he hates baths!

The patches definitely sound like mites. It could be that there weren't enough to make a positive diagnosis. You could also try Camrosa Ointment. It's a bit fiddly & can be a little messy, but it works. You can buy it online at http://www.camrosa.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=99e.

vanessa wrote:Regarding honky breath.. charcoal tablets or biscuits are great for that !

Charcoal biscuits do work a treat usually. However, if your pup's eating it's own poo, it won't be a lot of good. Do you take him out last thing at night so that he has a chance to relieve himself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 10:52

P.S. I don't know Eagle Pack food - I'm guessing that you're in the USA? We don't get that in the UK. However, it's usually best not to mix raw with processed food. It could be that your pup's stomach isn't coping well with the two types of food.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Mar 15 2011, 22:03

Id like to try pinetarsol so if anyone knows of were its sold can they let me know please Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15 2011, 22:06

gem wrote:Id like to try pinetarsol so if anyone knows of were its sold can they let me know please Smile

Try this - I looked it up earlier & ordered a bottle!

http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/pinetarsol-solution-p3816.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 07:51

yeah honestly the pinetarsol is excellent.. I have told everyone I have ever met with a dog that has skin problems, and most say it has helped them. Hope it works for you all. When I make up the bucket ready to wash Jethro ( we live on a small farm and as Jethro comes inside he is forever having bathes!! ) because it has such a distinctive odour, Jethro smells it from a mile away.. and comes over with his head hanging and his tail between his legs!! Woe is me !! hahaha But after his bath.. well that is a different matter.. he goes berserk running around like a pup again, so he must feel so good afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down