Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!)

4 posters

Go down

Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!) Empty Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!)

Post by Lunasmum Thu Mar 10 2011, 09:32

Hi all

Luna has been with us for 2 weeks now and has settled in brilliantly. I am so pleased that I found your site before I brought her home as it has stopped me from making some common mistakes. We do isolate her when she decides that biting us is fun and will not be distracted. Repetition, repetition, repetition seems to be the key......

She already knows sit, down and after her final wee outside will happily take herself to her crate to settle down for bed. I'm hugely impressed by her intelligence. (I'm sounding like a show off mother of a toddler time out )

She no longer poos indoors but does the occasional wee. Training pads have proved useless as she likes to rip them rather than wee on them. We are off on a motor home holiday for a week in April, Luna too, so would ideally like her house trained by then. If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received.

Pics to follow once I work out how to do them Smile

Donna xx
Lunasmum
Lunasmum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Luna
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!) Empty Re: Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!)

Post by janey Thu Mar 10 2011, 09:39

She sounds to be getting on amazingly well! I too would scrap the training pads, just make sure Luna goes out and wees and when she does lots of praise, if you've managed with poos then wee's should come easily, I think its just a matter of time and come April you'll be there!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!) Empty Re: Luna has arrived (and don't we know it!)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 11:03

Lunasmum wrote:She already knows sit, down and after her final wee outside will happily take herself to her crate to settle down for bed. I'm hugely impressed by her intelligence. (I'm sounding like a show off mother of a toddler time out )

She no longer poos indoors but does the occasional wee. Training pads have proved useless as she likes to rip them rather than wee on them. We are off on a motor home holiday for a week in April, Luna too, so would ideally like her house trained by then. If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received. Donna xx

Show off as much as you like! There's nothing wrong in being proud of her!

I tried a training pad with Dempsey (never used them before) and ended up having to pull it out of his throat!

As for the holiday - take your crate, or buy a portable soft crate. We took Dempsey camping last summer & we're going again this summer & without that crate I think we'd have given up & gone home again! Make sure you have a stock of her normal food - you don't want to run out & then find you can't get her usual one so you buy a different one & she either won't eat it or it'll give her the runs!

Where are you going by the way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 12:29

Aww congrats on the new addition. We all like to show off about our staffies here so you're in good company.

I would agree with Caryll and Janey and say scrap the puppy pads, they're pointless if you want your dog to go outside. Patience, patience and a bit more patience and LOTS AND LOTS of praise is the way to go with toilet training. If she has an accident, don't get mad, just clean it up without her seeing you do it, and when she does go outside, PRAISE! She'll get it eventually. My boy still has the odd wee in the house (Never a poo anymore thank god!!) and he's 5 and a half months old. They all get there in their own time.

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Thu Mar 10 2011, 12:47

Love the name "Luna" Smile
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 12:56

congrats and well done

look forward to seeing the pictures

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Mar 10 2011, 15:01

awwww Donna she's lovely:D and 5 days younger than mine Big Grin

Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 20:50

Yes take the crate... life saver when you want some down time your self..
we are taking Holly camping soon.. we were meant to take her last time but we could not get into any dog friendly parks as it is still summer temps over here..

but we will take her soon and the crate will be coming in the car and the caravan x

well done to Luna for being such a quick learner xxx and you for training her so very well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10 2011, 21:55

Well done Luna and Lunas mum applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down