Cornish-Muscle
Hayley109
four leaf clover
janey
8 posters

Go down

dog beds Empty dog beds

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 09:19

I am thinking of getting a new bed for billy, the one he has now is like a big foam cushion and it is filthy and stinks and it is too big to get into the washing machine.

I am going to get one of the hard plastic beds that have a cushion inside and the cover is removable so it can be washed. they come in the following sizes, which one is the best to get, I would like to to last as long as possibe;

Small - Medium: 62 x 46 x 17cm (24 x 18 x 6.5")
Suitable for small-size dogs, eg. Terriers, Toy dogs

Medium - Large: 82 x 62 x 17cm (32 x 24 x 6.5")
Suitable for medium-size dogs, eg. Labradors, Boxers, Collies - was thinking of getting this one
Large - Extra Large: 105 x 70 x 17cm (41 x 27.5 x 6.5")
Suitable for large breed dogs, eg. Old English Sheepdogs, German Shepherds, Rottweilers

Also is this type of bed a good one or is there something better that is washable

Thanks

Back to top Go down

dog beds Empty Re: dog beds

Post by janey Mon Feb 28 2011, 09:23

Moo sleeps on my bed! She also did have a big foam one but came home one day to find it in pieces all around the flat!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Mon Feb 28 2011, 09:34

janey wrote: She also did have a big foam one but came home one day to find it in pieces all around the flat!

Snap....same happened to me lol
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
dog beds Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 10:23

Ive got the medium plastic bed and fill it with blankets which i buy from the charity shop or bootsales. When they get to mankey i just chuck them! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Mon Feb 28 2011, 12:25

Logan has his own beanbag. Its massive but on the website it said medium! I take the cover off it to wash it all the time. The bean inside are in 4 bags so they dont go everywhere!! he likes it cos it moulds to his shape!!
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 12:30

Mine would have that in pieces in seconds lol Even the plastic bed ive got 2 put the blankets in is chewed right up!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Mon Feb 28 2011, 12:32

Laughing i'll get some pics of him on it to show you how big it is!!
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Feb 28 2011, 12:52

blaze wrote:Ive got the medium plastic bed and fill it with blankets which i buy from the charity shop or bootsales. When they get to mankey i just chuck them! x

Same here, and in our bedroom she has a folded up matress.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 15:37

Blue has a plastic bed and inside he has 2 single quilts in a plauin single quilt cover.
Ermmm he has only chewed it a bit but it's been a fortnight now since I have come home from work to pick up half a tonne of quilt off the landing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 15:38

Oh and he has a 6ft x 4ft double bed which he keeps in my room and lets me and the Mrs sleep on as long as we dangle off the edges

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 16:16

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Oh and he has a 6ft x 4ft double bed which he keeps in my room and lets me and the Mrs sleep on as long as we dangle off the edges

rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Feb 28 2011, 21:09

I bought a good dog bed off ebay it and it been worth every penny you can take all the cover off to wash and the cushions are in strips so you can put them in the washing machine to there quite big so they can strecth out in them too as staffies love that lol heres the link if you want to have a look i got a large and it defo big enough these beds should be 100 pounds but are 40 is you want to spend that much.Kaisers had his 2 months and it has stayed in shaped not ripped or gone all bumpy like most of the beds do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wallace-Jones-Luxury-DERBY-Dog-Bed-LGE-XL-SAVE-50-/220687608931?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item7913a96cb0

youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 21:29

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor quality Blue as always

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:20

Your better off finding out what size the plastic bed it so the cushion one fits perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:50

janey wrote:Moo sleeps on my bed! She also did have a big foam one but came home one day to find it in pieces all around the flat!

Yep same with Harley & Mia they sleep on my bed or is it i sleep on their bed? I have 2 foam matressess on top of the inner spring well what's left of the 2 foam mattresses as Harley likes to rip them to shreds.

I don't know if you can get them over there but here u can get ones that are a metal frame with a sack or some sort of material over it that can be taken off to wash & some u can just put the hose on and wash them that way. My dogs dog washer has one in the back of her car for her dogs.
HazelJ
HazelJ
dog beds Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:51

youngkaiser wrote:I bought a good dog bed off ebay it and it been worth every penny you can take all the cover off to wash and the cushions are in strips so you can put them in the washing machine to there quite big so they can strecth out in them too as staffies love that lol heres the link if you want to have a look i got a large and it defo big enough these beds should be 100 pounds but are 40 is you want to spend that much.Kaisers had his 2 months and it has stayed in shaped not ripped or gone all bumpy like most of the beds do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wallace-Jones-Luxury-DERBY-Dog-Bed-LGE-XL-SAVE-50-/220687608931?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item7913a96cb0

i got jake a new bed from here and he's not left it at all unless its playtime or walks, he loves and and not tried to chew it a bit, and the bloomin thing is huge!!!!!, deffo recommended xx
sooz225
sooz225
dog beds Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01 2011, 08:44

thanks for the link vikki i'm off the have a look, it's good when you get something recommended instead of wasting money and good that susan has confirmed it

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01 2011, 10:58

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Oh and he has a 6ft x 4ft double bed which he keeps in my room and lets me and the Mrs sleep on as long as we dangle off the edges

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Dempsey sleeps in his crate & I have a 'vet bed' fleece which covers the whole of the bottom (machine washable, but a b*gger to dry & very expensive but good quality) and then a thin foam mattress on top with a removable cover (about £15). He also has a doggie fleece blanket which he cuddles up to.

I get through loads of bedding with Dempsey cause he's a serial chewer! He's never chewed up the 'vet bed' though.

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Tue Mar 01 2011, 12:25

I bought Billy a large ruff stuff bed. Its lasted about 3 months and now he has started chewing it. Every day Im finding more fluff and his bed is getting thinner and thinner lol.
tom-titch
tom-titch
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Billy
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01 2011, 12:45

Cairo has a plastic bed thats the size for labradors etc,and it has 2 duvets on the bottom,and one on the top wich she gets underneath Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01 2011, 12:56

think i might go with the plastic, then you can just keep adding covers when they get chewed and they can be washed

thanks everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down