Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please

5 posters

Go down

Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please Empty Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please

Post by EmLou28 Sun Feb 10 2013, 11:58

Hi Guys was just wonering if anybody has been on holiday to Cornwall with their little furbabies and if so where did you stay because I am having a hard time finding places I feel Maggie wont be restricted when we are there. I thought I had hit the jack pot when I found the topic by Dave about Boturnell Farm but went to book it this morning and its fully booked when we want to go, I'm gutted because it seemed perfect for what we wanted. So if anybody has any info or recommendations for places they have stayed and had a brill time I would love to hear about it, thanks Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please Empty Re: Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please

Post by racamoe Sun Feb 10 2013, 12:03

What a shame it was fully booked Sad I have never been to Cornwall myself sorry . Hopefully someone here will know , if not you could try asking on champdogs.

Hope you get it sorted Smile
racamoe
racamoe
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please Empty Re: Any Cornwall Recommendations Needed Please

Post by Kathy Sun Feb 10 2013, 12:23

Sorry I cannot help, I've never been to Cornwall either, shame the place Dave stayed at is fully booked, is there any way you could re schedule ??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 14:09

I saw this and was going to recommend Boturnell , no chance you can reschedule your holiday for when Sue isn't busy ??

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Sun Feb 10 2013, 16:30

Dave wrote:I saw this and was going to recommend Boturnell , no chance you can reschedule your holiday for when Sue isn't busy ??

No unfortunately cant reschedule as not so easy for either of us to change holidays once put in at work Sad So gutted because it sounded perfect and it was thanks to your post Dave that I even found it but will be keeping it in mind for another time, I have saved the website and everything Smile I have however found another place called Bed and Basket which lets out barns and they also arent fussed about dogs going on furniture or beds which was my biggest concern because Maggie is a spoilt dog and is allowed to do it at home I just know we would have such a hard time stopping her doing it in a holiday cottage Smile Another good thing about this other place is they provide your own kennel for the week so if we decide we want to go somewhere where Maggie isn't allowed we can safely leave her behind without worrying shes done something she shouldn't. It is costing us a small fortune though, £370, an extra £100 on what we would have wanted to spend but I'm happy to pay that knowing Maggie can relax without me constantly going 'No Maggie, down' all week Smile I've just requested some info on the place and if we manage to get a week booked I will let you know how it goes Smile
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 18:43

so where about is this one in cornwall then , Tilly and Tommy don't go on the beds btw if I said they did it must be a typo dont tell anyone

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:02

Ah your lucky then no fighting for space on the bed like me and the OH when Maggie comes for a snuggle Smile this place is in St Austell, here's the website:
www.bedandbasket.co.uk
Apparently its the only dog accomodation in the country, I think, that got 5 stars in some dog magazine, all the info is on the website and it doesn't matter how many dogs you take so both Tilly and Tommy can have lots of funny Smile and you don't pay extra for the dogs either Smile
I have to say though I was a little worried they wouldn't except my booking what with Maggie being a staffy, we all know how closed minded some people are, but it doesn't even seem to be an issue. I'm going to cornwall whoo hoo so excited now bounce
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Wed Feb 13 2013, 18:37

Laughing I live just next to St Austell about 10 minutes away, but never took my boy to St Austell but there's beachs there so you could take Maggie there, maybe when you come down, if the weather isnt that bad we could meet you guys, would be nice to meet up with some people from here and to meet the dogs as well. Smile

Maggie seems like a very pretty girl Wink
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Wed Feb 13 2013, 20:49

Hey your so lucky living down there I'm constantly asking the OH to ask for a posting to Cornwall (he's in the RAF) I would happily move to Cornwall in a heart beat Smile Sounds like a plan though we will have to sort something out closer to the time, we are down at the end of April, would be good to meet up and let the dogs meet each other Smile
Your little furbaby is gorgeous by the way, he is sooo cute and I love your other thread with him dressed up, Maggie would never let me do anything like that to her Big Grin
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 20:50

Try this out Smile

http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Wed Feb 13 2013, 20:55

Ah brilliant thank you Smile I'll be printing that off Smile Poor Maggie's going to wonder whats going on with all the walking we have planned Smile I've found loads of coastal walks to take her on some 4 or 5 miles long. I do think I'm going to want to quit way before she does though Laughing
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Wed Feb 13 2013, 20:56

Have you got any Cornwall holidays planned for this year Dave?
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 20:57

Dave wrote:so where about is this one in cornwall then , Tilly and Tommy don't go on the beds btw if I said they did it must be a typo :-$

liar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 21:08

EmLou28 wrote:Have you got any Cornwall holidays planned for this year Dave?

Yes , we are going back to Bo Turnell in Whit holidays , our 3rd time Smile

Caryll wrote:
Dave wrote:so where about is this one in cornwall then , Tilly and Tommy don't go on the beds btw if I said they did it must be a typo :-$

liar

Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Wed Feb 13 2013, 21:10

Cool, Cornwall is awesome isn't it Smile Hope you have as good a time as I plan to Big Grin
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Thu Feb 14 2013, 01:05

Cornwall is good? Laughing trust me it's not that amazing, raining most days lol I miss the weather from Portugal (where I use to live) it was sunny nearly everyday, can't wait till the summer to take my boy to the beach for the first time though, if the weather allows us Laughing
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Thu Feb 14 2013, 01:18

Hell yeh Cornwall is good!!! I love it there Big Grin Suppose when you live there you see its down sides though. I would say the same about Norfolk to be fair I suppose when you only go for a holiday you only see the good stuff but I wish I had so many beaches to visit with blue water all year round Smile Maggie would be in heaven if she could go to the beach every day she loves it and I'm sure your gorgeous boy Dragon with love it when he gets to go Smile
I can't wait to take Maggie it took forever to find the perfect accomodation, not for us though, for Maggie Laughing want her to have a brill holiday too without me telling her off constantly for getting on the furniture or in the bedroom Smile Can't wait I'm sooo excited can you tell Laughing
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Thu Feb 14 2013, 10:47

Haha yea I suppose that's true Smile well im sure Maggie will enjoy herself and you as well and maybe we can go for a walk with the dogs on the beach or something Smile just let us know when you coming and well try sort something out Smile
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ashy Tue May 28 2013, 00:16

I love this forum.We are hoping to go to Cornwall this summer with our 2 year old son and ozzy and bruce.Will check it out.Hope you and Maggie have a wonderful time

ashy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bruce and ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks and 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male's and
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down