niff
Nosipho
youngkaiser
laura-saff
10 posters

Go down

weird habit? Empty weird habit?

Post by laura-saff Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:44

Does anyone's dog have like a really annoying habit or something they just have to do?, we've had saffy for four months now and every single time we go out she pulls down her lead from off the coat peg on the wall downstairs and puts it somewhere in the living room, I just find it so weird! I sometimes put it over a coat that's hung there and she manages to pull the coat down and move it, this is without fail every time, even if its to the shop a few doors down for a loaf :s
Just got me thinking if she's doing it for comfort or maybe coz she knows it bugs me haha, would love to get a camera and see how she's doing it lol. Does anyone else's dogs do anything like this?

laura-saff
laura-saff
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : saffron (saffy)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

weird habit? Empty Re: weird habit?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:47

Dempsey has loads of annoying habits, but the one I find most irritating is that he has a real fettish for bras! He will actually pull all the clothes out of the dirty washing pile just to find one bra & destroy it! ~angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:51

rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:53

lol dempsey Laughing
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 12:54

Oh, and he barks at one person (one person only) who comes in to the office at work - and it's the one person who's scared of dogs! Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by laura-saff Wed Feb 16 2011, 13:07

Haha! Aww. Smile. Oh and she grinds her teeth!!! Urrgghhh
laura-saff
laura-saff

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : saffron (saffy)
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Feb 16 2011, 13:32

saffy was a rescue dog wasn't she? Perhaps someone taught her to do it previously, I expect they thought it was quite a cute trick ('go get your lead girl!'), obviously now though its kind of infuriating because she does it even when shes staying in the house. I expect she leaves the lead where you can't find it too. You could train her out of doing this if it really annoys you?
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Wed Feb 16 2011, 13:48

the only thing that annoys me is the fact that if ive been running the dogs and its a bit sunny its a givin that they will find the smelliest muddiest puddle or myre and lay down it in it then roll in it , makes me wanna cry ,,,, baths after most walks in the summer ,,, scotland summer time mean plenty rain people Big Grin
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:24

Aww Saffy! Its kinda cute! Moo doesn't really do anything annoying apart from trying to sit on your lap when your on the smallest chair in the house, at the moment she is trying to get on my mums lap but has the whole of the sofa free!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:29

niff wrote:the only thing that annoys me is the fact that if ive been running the dogs and its a bit sunny its a givin that they will find the smelliest muddiest puddle or myre and lay down it in it then roll in it , makes me wanna cry ,,,, baths after most walks in the summer ,,, scotland summer time mean plenty rain people Big Grin

I can understand your fustration haha! Kaos literally will hunt out any puddle or smelly ditch and just roll/swim in it! Its driving me mad, his harness stinks as bad as he does! x

Back to top Go down

Post by acidrane13 Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:31

Caryll wrote:Oh, and he barks at one person (one person only) who comes in to the office at work - and it's the one person who's scared of dogs! Blushing

They say dogs are really open to peoples emotions/state of mind, maybe his barking goes back to instinct, and his trying to correct said persons behavior?

acidrane13
acidrane13
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:32

acidrane13 wrote:
Caryll wrote:Oh, and he barks at one person (one person only) who comes in to the office at work - and it's the one person who's scared of dogs! Blushing

They say dogs are really open to peoples emotions/state of mind, maybe his barking goes back to instinct, and his trying to correct said persons behavior?

yes i reckon x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:35

acidrane13 wrote:

Hmmm, it ain't working! The poor guy's even more scared!

Back to top Go down

Post by acidrane13 Wed Feb 16 2011, 16:27

If your scared of dogs anyway, Dempsey must be a terrifying sight lol, his not exactly a small dog is he Laughing
acidrane13
acidrane13
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Chase

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie b Wed Feb 16 2011, 17:44

I know how he feels! My mum is terrified of dogs!! She is kind of ok when I go round on Sundays with sid but she likes to sit with the tea tray infront of her legs incase he comes near!! I get all frustrated with her when she jumps up screaming as sid is soooo placid,but I supose she does well just to be in the same room! Doesn't help me when I want my dad to look after him at Easter!!
Stevie b
Stevie b

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sidney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 18:26

janey wrote:Aww Saffy! Its kinda cute! Moo doesn't really do anything annoying apart from trying to sit on your lap when your on the smallest chair in the house, at the moment she is trying to get on my mums lap but has the whole of the sofa free!

Thats what Cairo does to me,and sticks her pointy elbows right in my ribs Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 16 2011, 18:27

Lisa & Cairo wrote:
janey wrote:Aww Saffy! Its kinda cute! Moo doesn't really do anything annoying apart from trying to sit on your lap when your on the smallest chair in the house, at the moment she is trying to get on my mums lap but has the whole of the sofa free!

Thats what Cairo does to me,and sticks her pointy elbows right in my ribs Straight Face

Exactly what my mum said Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Wed Feb 16 2011, 21:48

Jake has a few, no matter where anyone is sitting he has to be sitting almost on top of them with the pointy elbows etc, also, after reading above, my nutter of a dog will do anything to avoid puddles or mud, but yet as soon as we are at the beach he runs in a straight line into the sea.

Its strange the habits they have but they are still lovable in their own wee way
sooz225
sooz225
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 22:24

sooz225 wrote: my nutter of a dog will do anything to avoid puddles or mud,

Dempsey will not, under any circumstances go in to water willingly. He won't swim or paddle. He won't walk through puddles (he 'kangaroo hops' over them). Yet he'll happily trudge chest deep through rancid mud. I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 16 2011, 23:34

Caryll wrote:
sooz225 wrote: my nutter of a dog will do anything to avoid puddles or mud,

Dempsey will not, under any circumstances go in to water willingly. He won't swim or paddle. He won't walk through puddles (he 'kangaroo hops' over them). Yet he'll happily trudge chest deep through rancid mud. I dont want to s

Same as Moo, a puddle is a no no , but running head deep into stagnent water, chasing geese, well, she smells rancid!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:13

Harley's habit is running from as far away as possible and jumping on my lap or running so fast he nearly knocks me down- i am already unsteady on my feet due to my back problems & now i have hip problems so the last thing i need is a speeding bullet coming at me full force.
HazelJ
HazelJ
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:24

Blue's is picking his nose and flicking it at the mrs but off an object first so the mrs thinks it's come from my direction

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:34

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Blue's is picking his nose and flicking it at the mrs but off an object first so the mrs thinks it's come from my direction

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing thats ****** ************ good lol
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:37

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Blue's is picking his nose and flicking it at the mrs but off an object first so the mrs thinks it's come from my direction

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor Sounds like our house the dogs get blamed for everything Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:44

and don't get me started on him wiping his bone on the curtains.
Sorry not his bone......i meant his kong Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 02:56

BlueStaffBlue wrote:and don't get me started on him wiping his bone on the curtains.
Sorry not his bone......i meant his kong Big Grin

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 10:43

Bandit used to wait till you faced the other way & then run full pelt straight at the backs of your knees. Up-ended you every time! feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu Feb 17 2011, 12:42

Ty will run in from the garden full spead and use your body as his breaks its not good am alweays coverd in bruises the little monster he also does the I will sit were I want and you cant stop me as I dig my boney elbows in you kinda thing. He doesnt really do stagnant mingy stuff which I am glad off he doesnt mind paddeling in the mersey that said the mersey isnt exactly the cleanest of rivers hmmmm lol
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 12:43

elishiaellen wrote: He doesnt really do stagnant mingy stuff which I am glad off

Ah, but he's still young! Plenty of time for him to realise the potential!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu Feb 17 2011, 13:38

Oww Caryll dont say that please I thought he may have gone past that stage with out going through it if you know what I mean lol. He smells like cheesy wotsits as it is dont need any more mingy mess lmao
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Feb 17 2011, 14:02

Tali has a wierd habit, whenever you look at her she wants to stand up on her back legs. Its not so much about jumping on you, think its to get closer to you. its so funny to watch, if u tell her not to jump on someone she goes to the closest wall, door, chair stands on her back legs and kind of digs with her front ones. she does it in the lift too every time without fail and on a door if she wants it open. I dont know what she thinks it achieves, none of my other dogs do it!

Skibadee has countless funny habits, if you speak to her and say something she doesn't understand she cocks her head and 'talks' back to you. She even matches your tone if you draw out words!
Also when she had a rash on her belly we told her not to itch it and wouldn't scratch it for her (mean mum that i am) so she worked out that she could half slide off the sofa and rock back and forth on her front legs with her back end still on the sofa to scratch ger stomach! Looked like she was humping the sofa and sooo embaressing when people came round and we had to explain why she was doing it! Thank god the cream worked quickly!! Skibadee also takes herself off to bed at no later than 11pm each night, if the doors open she goes into the bedroom and tucks herself in. If any of the connecting doors are closed she stands there and pushes them with her paw until you open it for her. So Lazy, she doesn't even get out of bed til about 11am next day and refuses to come outside for the last wee of the night and first of the morning!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Fri Feb 25 2011, 23:27

niff wrote:the only thing that annoys me is the fact that if ive been running the dogs and its a bit sunny its a givin that they will find the smelliest muddiest puddle or myre and lay down it in it then roll in it , makes me wanna cry ,,,, baths after most walks in the summer ,,, scotland summer time mean plenty rain people Big Grin

i know what u mean mine seem to do it just after they've had their baths, GRRRRRRR but in their case they usually find some sort of animal poo(we get loads of birds, cats, possums etc coming into the yeard) & roll in it then they come to visit me. It's gross and makes me think why did i just pay $34 for your baths when u just go and find something gross to roll in?.
HazelJ
HazelJ
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Fri Feb 25 2011, 23:30

Caryll wrote:Bandit used to wait till you faced the other way & then run full pelt straight at the backs of your knees. Up-ended you every time! feeling beat up

Harley does that as well usually when i'm walking along so i stack it then he and Mia decide it's time to play climb on Mummy while i'm trying to get back up off the ground. It's like a tag team with them or 2-on-1 wrestling match and i always lose.
HazelJ
HazelJ
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Feb 25 2011, 23:35

HazelJ wrote:
Caryll wrote:Bandit used to wait till you faced the other way & then run full pelt straight at the backs of your knees. Up-ended you every time! feeling beat up

Harley does that as well usually when i'm walking along so i stack it then he and Mia decide it's time to play climb on Mummy while i'm trying to get back up off the ground. It's like a tag team with them or 2-on-1 wrestling match and i always lose.

Gotta love them Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Feb 26 2011, 01:57

janey wrote:
HazelJ wrote:

Gotta love them Laughing

Laughing Yeah u do hey it's my form of exercise try to get up get knocked down up down up lol, i jsut wish they wouldn't stand on me so hard (with my back the slightest pressure is NOT good).
HazelJ
HazelJ
weird habit? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content