Gps Chips

3 posters

Go down

Gps Chips  Empty Gps Chips

Post by Billybunter Mon Dec 31 2012, 16:36

Hiya Guys with the increasing amount of dog thefts i have thought about a GPS chips for dogs but i have never seen one available. Only thing i have seen is a coller which obviously once you dog is taken the collar can be taken off. Just wondered what your oppinions on GPS chip which works pretty much like iphone and you could have a app for say a smart phone to follow this.

Billybunter
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Gps Chips  Empty Re: Gps Chips

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 31 2012, 16:41

I've often thought about this being such a great idea, I think the hold up is what size the device would have to be. At the moment dog micro chips are about the size of a grain of rice, a GPS tracker would increase this size.

Great idea though all the same.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31 2012, 16:46

Billybunter wrote:Hiya Guys with the increasing amount of dog thefts i have thought about a GPS chips for dogs but i have never seen one available. Only thing i have seen is a coller which obviously once you dog is taken the collar can be taken off. Just wondered what your oppinions on GPS chip which works pretty much like iphone and you could have a app for say a smart phone to follow this.

It is a great idea and one that someone mentioned before, looked and looke but could not find anything available on the market. It would be an ultimate tool for people that have lost their dogs and control of bad owners etc but sadly not yet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Dec 31 2012, 18:20

i think its a great idea especially if the gps bit could be added to the dogs identi chip Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31 2012, 18:21

It would only work on a collar or harness, and it is already out there. There is and is unlikely to ever be a GPS that can be placed inside a dog as the chip would need an external antennae and battery to be able to send out signals, none of which will be suitable to be placed within an animals body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down