Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED

4 posters

Go down

Dog Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED

Post by Staffie Rescue Tue Dec 25 2012, 10:50

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Twickenham

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rexa
Homing Requirements: Rex needs a dog-experienced family who can appreciate what a gem he is. Rex would enjoy a secure garden with exit management. He is good around visiting children and can get excited and a little mouthy if not tutored. Not for cats. Rex could live with a confident canine companion; he may hump initially with excitement but does settle. Rex can suffer from travel sickness. He settles when left.

Video: Rex burning off some energy playing with Tia

Video: Rex enjoying his walk

Video: Rex the joyful - 1st time on an extender lead

Video: Rex has fab. playfulness

Video: Rex with Tia

His Story: Rex had only one owner and was a treasured dog but the new landlord refused to allow her to keep a dog. Rex is neutered, chipped and vax'd. He has had regular weekends with another dog and is now fostered in Twickenham as an only dog.

Advert: Rex ... King… Majestic ... He is a fine boy who carries a safe energy about him. Rex can leap with joy, but soon settles. He is easy to walk and enjoys the freedom of an extender lead. Rex is friendly, receptive when meeting dogs and enjoyed weekend foster time in the company of other dogs. He is housetrained, can be left, and settles really well. Rex doesn't cope in kennels very well.

Rex is a five year old brindle Staffie: a really handsome dog. He is in good health and has been well cared for and loved all his life. Rex has successfully been around all ages of children but not lived with them. Rex loves to play and heeds command. He is really well-mannered. A very special boy - a cheeky monkey but the perfect gentleman with it!

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until a 'forever home' is found.

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED RexcloseRex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rexchelseycaught
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex33Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex25

Interested in homing Rex?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

To find out whether this dog is still available, please visit Rex's thread on our forum. For full details and daily updates on all Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing, Click our forum link. Rex is also featured on www.staffierescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Rescue Remedies requests a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

Last edited by Staffie Rescue on Fri Jan 22 2016, 09:18; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Rex Homed)
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 42

http://www.staffierescue.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dog Re: Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED

Post by Mark Tue Dec 25 2012, 11:04

He looks great hope he finds a loving home soon Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 26 2012, 13:53

Wow, what a cracking looking lad he is too. Hope he soon finds his loving forever home.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Thu May 16 2013, 14:53

Rex is still available for adoption.
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Sun Aug 04 2013, 16:39

Rex went along to our Fun Day and had a weekend break in foster. Here is the update from his fosterer ...

"Rex was such a good boy at the Fun Day yesterday, he mixed well with other dogs and showed no sign of nerves at all. We spent quite a bit of time with Buddie and his girls and Rex not only seemed very keen on Brea and Millie but was also very good with Buddie.

So mid afternoon we piled into the car and Rex travelled very well, just relaxing on the back seat without a peep. The idea of getting into the car didn't appeal to him but once on the move he was fine, and when we reached home he waited patiently until he was told to leave the car.

The first few hours at home were a bit hectic. Poor Rex seemed very confused and was finding it hard to settle. He was very focused on Tia and was intent on mounting her, for which she told him off several times but he didn't react at all (actually I think he quite enjoyed winding her up wink ). Towards the evening I could see that it was getting a bit too much for Tia as Rex wasn't getting the message so I had to intervene and tell him 'no'. At first I had to pull him away from Tia as he wasn't taking much notice but after a short time he began to listen and left Tia in peace. I think this marked the end of his 'settling in' period as by then he was much calmer, and once the kids and Tia went upstairs he spent an hour cuddled up with me on the sofa and I got to see the real Rex.

Tia slept with the kids last night while Rex was in with me - first thing he did was tunnel his way under the duvet but after 10 minutes decided that it was far too hot for that so joined me at the top of the bed where he fell asleep draped across me.

Morning arrived and it soon became apparent that Rex was now much more settled and a different dog to the previous afternoon. He was calm and very affectionate, was over the moon to see the kids again and very happy to see Tia, though he did again try to mount her but stopped as soon as he was told no. At kennels I've always found Rex to be a bit hard of hearing as far as commands are concerned, he's just so happy to get out of kennels that he wants to make the most of it. But today he was so much better, call his name and he'd come running straight away, even when out on his walks on the extender lead his recall was so much better than it is at kennels.

This morning I sent Chelsey upstairs to get dressed while I washed up the breakfast dishes, then wondered where Rex has disappeared to, should have known, I snuck upstairs, camera at the ready, to find this
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_chelsey_caught Big Grin

We had a lovely walk this morning where he really let his hair down and ran and ran and ran on the extender lead. We met a few dogs and he was very good with them all, on his lunchtime walk he was desperate to play with an off-lead playful Mastiff but the owner saw Rex was on the lead so called her dog away.

His house training has been very good, other than a small accident when he first arrived on Saturday. Not so good with the cats as he's very interested and far too focused but no one's perfect Big Grin

Food, well he wasn't too keen on Nature's Menu which was a surprise, but I'd left out some raw beef to try him on and he yummed that up. The previous evening I'd given him a different, good quality wet food but again he only ate some of it, but a couple of raw pork chops and cooked Gammon were much better appreciated wink
Rex does appear to carry some sadness with him, when you first give him a cuddle there's a feeling of 'errm, not sure what's going on here, what are you doing?' from him, as if he's never really had a close bond with a person. But stop cuddling him and straight away he's nuzzling your hand and pushing himself back into you, 'that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it though'. Big Grin

Overall I think Rex has done incredibly well given that he did seem quite out of sorts on his first day. He was so much better from last night onwards and really impressed me with the way he responded to commands today, I think he rather likes the challenge (and the fuss he gets for being a good boy).

Rex has huge potential, he is a bit 'raw' and you can see that he hasn't had much in the way of training in his past life but he does respond well to firm commands and with some consistency he should come on in leaps and bounds. It's a pity that we only had him for a short weekend as we were getting to see the real Rex today, but he'll definitely be coming again if he isn't homed in the meantime".

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_ball
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_close
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_tia
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_chelsey2
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex_chelsey

Rex is available for long term foster until his forever home comes along.
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Mon Aug 12 2013, 12:09

Can't believe it was December when we last photographed Rex so had him as a definite on our photo list this weekend. Here he is, despite the long kennel stay, looking very fit if I do say so myself.

So come on folks, fall in love with this beautiful guy and either foster him or give him a home to call his own. He has been waiting far too long ...

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rexa

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex2

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex3

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex4

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Tex4b

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex5

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+Montage
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:55

Rex is adorable, yes come on peeps give him a home. xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 19:07

Rex, you handsome boy, I hope you find your forever home soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Tue Sep 03 2013, 20:21

An update from one of our kennel volunteers:

"Oh Rex, why are you still here with us? He is a brilliant dog, very puppy like in some ways and desperately happy to be out and about with people. I took him out of kennels and he was very patient whilst we fared about for 10 minutes before setting off on the walk. He kept to heel, was interested when walking past horses on either side of the path, only starting with surprise when one of them whinnied at him, and good as gold with Todd and Sid. We had a good sit down and a cuddle in this corner of a field, saw Snowy in the distance and then headed back to base. Easy dog to walk, easy dog to harness, easy dog around food and easy to steer in the right direction when he is cheeky with a quick "No" and an ignore. He so desperately wants to please.

The right home will be reading this soon and will get a handsome, loving and ever so slightly cheeky life-long best pal in return.

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Null_zps26e659fb

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Null_zps407dfb43

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Null_zpsea9e959b

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Null_zps480689a0

How could you not want to love this face"?

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Null_zps04ace2c1

Rex is still available for adoption.
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Sat Sep 28 2013, 23:10

Rex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/rescue-remedies-fostering-questionnaire/
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:12

Rex's homing ad at the top of his thread has been updated. Please check whether Rex could be the dog for you! Big Grin 
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:19

Poor thing, really hope he finds a home soon x
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Sun Dec 08 2013, 16:33

Rex went to one of our charity walk with one of our volunteers dogs, Tia ... the perfect gentleman!

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED DSCF9457rex

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED DSCF9459rex

Rex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire on this link: [url=https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/rescue-remedies-fostering-questionnaire/]https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/rescue-remedies-fostering-questionnaire/
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Sun Jan 12 2014, 20:16

Rex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Rex a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Tue Mar 04 2014, 22:49

An update from Rex's fosterers:

"After 2 weeks Kate and I are fully signed up members of the Rex Fan Club. He's such a lovely boy. He has something very endearing about him.

We've been having some lovely walks. We did an 11 mile walk near Faversham where he was able to be off lead a little. He stayed really close, didn't run off and came when called.

Rex has made such progress with his behaviour in the house too. It's been quite remarkable after such a short time. We have been conscious about keeping his energy levels balanced and the humping has almost entirely stopped. It now usually just needs a 'no' to make it stop as opposed to putting him out of the room. But this has reduced so much over the past week I'm sure it won't be long until it stops.

Rex is a really calm, friendly, gentle dog and is a real pleasure to have around.

Here are more pics ...

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+with+bone
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+with+Belly
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+Blenchly+Gardens
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+in+pond
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+in+pond
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex+sitting

Rex is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Rex a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Mar 05 2014, 21:25

Glad its going well x
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Mon Apr 14 2014, 10:28

An update from Rex’s fosterer:

“He loves his walks, likes his kong ball (and food in general), loves cuddles and is friendly to everyone he meets. He is so sweet if we pop into my work. He gets all excited to meet lots of new people and runs around with his tail wagging like crazy taking it in turns to greet each person.

Here are some more pictures of the lovely Rex”:

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Photo-21
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex1
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Photo-24
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Photo-7
Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Photo-8

Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Wed May 21 2014, 22:08

Rex is still waiting patiently for his forever home.
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffie Rescue Mon Oct 13 2014, 09:29

Rex has recently moved kennels, he "is regularly mixed in with the pound pack at Broxbourne now. This will do his confidence with dogs a world of good.".

Rex Staffie DOB 29.03.09 Broxbourne HOMED Rex10

Rex is still looking for his forever home.
Staffie Rescue
Staffie Rescue

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Dog Homed

Post by Staffie Rescue Sun Feb 22 2015, 13:42

Well done Rex you have your own family fur ever we wish you the best of luck x