what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?.

+13
pag
stig
Mrdog
TS06
Billybunter
uggy
harlou
iamajc
Mark
Mani
Kathy
janey
kye
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Empty what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?.

Post by kye Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:28

I am wondering how i should go about protecting my dog if she is atacked agen ,
i have had people tell me allsorts of stuff about what to do but most of it sounds like old wives tails.
I was walking through a park and my dog kye was on the leed , another older bitch came runing up, it was runing free and starteed biteing at kyes side and and face so i pulled kye up to my legs and kept turning away from the attacking dog, i thought it wouldnt bite me as it was after kye , i was right ,it kept moving out of my reach but jumped back in to bite kye any chance it got, the owner of the other dog was just shouting at the dog from a distance , once i relized the owner of the dog wansent going to try and get her dog i had to get it away from me and kye so i kicked it in the gut a fue times , the owner soon came over and got the dog after i starteed kicking it , but my wee kye didnt have much of a chance she was one year old and had no idea what was going on ,
she thinks everything is a game and ive never seen her angry or agresive towards dogs or people.
so do you have any tips on the best way to stay safe and keep my dog as safe as posible if a dog attacks.

kye
kye
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : kye
Dog(s) Ages : 2.5 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

http://mansonryan@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Empty Re: what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:36

That's such a difficult thing to answer. A lot depends on the individual occasion.

When a doberman latched on to Dempsey's head & ear my oh gave the dobe a hefty left hook (he used to do a bit of boxing) which sent it staggering! I've kicked at dogs that have been a nuisance & also lashed out with the metal end of a lead.

Some people carry a break stick, but if you don't know how to use it properly it's next to useless.

If you're really worried about attacks (for example if you have a lot of aggressive dogs with stupid owners in your area) you could carry around a dog corrector spray which you could use on the attacking dog. it's usually enough to deter them until the owner catches up.

Back to top Go down

what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Empty Re: what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:39

very difficult situation.

Been in it a few times, and one thing i do IF i'm not near a road is drop the lead, i know my two will defend them selves and can with freedom.

I have also kicked and punched a few dogs that have tried to latch on.

Thankfully Chance will defend Harvey against other dogs, as Harv tends to be the one they aim for being the smaller dog. Normally Chance's stance is enough to stop any impending fight

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:43

Thats shocking, I would hope its a one off, never been in that situation and never wish to be, hope your all ok Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:44

My hubby and me now carry a can of pet corrector spray with us when out on walks with Rocky, you can get it from Pets at Home for a few quid. My hubby has used it and it makes quite a noise, enough to deter anyone's dog anyway.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by kye Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:57

im going to get some of the correcter spray , sounds like itll help ,
and yes there are a lot of dogs in my area and some of them have been brought up and taught to be dog agresive and to other animals , i do understand some dogs are normaly more agresive that others but they dogs shouldnt be off the leed near other dogs .
its a sham as its not the dogs falt, its the owners that are doing the wrong thing, they get a certan type of dog becouse they think itlll scare like mindeed people away, and make them look hard or somthing,
thanks for your help guys.
kye
kye

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : kye
Dog(s) Ages : 2.5 years
Dog Gender(s) : female

http://mansonryan@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:20

That's only too true, I'm afraid. Sad

Hope the corrector spray works - but I also hope you never have to use it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:25

carry a stick witch some meat on it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Thu Dec 06 2012, 09:11

Somebody in this forum mentioned sticking a finger up a dog's bum. So perhaps good idea to carry latex gloves?
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 09:22

The sprays are the best option I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Dec 06 2012, 09:44

Can't you buy some doggy pepper spray or something similar. It's so upsetting for a dog that you adore gets savaged by another dog. angry
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:41

Mani wrote:Somebody in this forum mentioned sticking a finger up a dog's bum. So perhaps good idea to carry latex gloves?

Ever tried getting two fighting dogs to stand still long enough for you to stick a finger up its bum? Surprised

mazz wrote:Can't you buy some doggy pepper spray or something similar. It's so upsetting for a dog that you adore gets savaged by another dog. angry

That's where the corrector spray comes in useful - and it's harmless.

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:54

Like everyone else I'd be gutted to see Storm attacked, A pit bull bit him once over his back, within a split second he had jumped back had a millisecond thought and then had him by the throat. Luckily it happened right in front of the other owner and me as we were chatting so we were able to both step in a separate them rapidly. The pit was with an American bulldog bitch and Storm had been flirting with her which might have been the cause. As another poster has said, if the dog is capable drop the lead 1, it gives your dog a better chance to defend itself and 2, it gives yourself 2 hands to deal with the situation. Storm has also had a boxer cross on two occasions wonder out of it's house next to a busy road and try to attack him, not the best place to be letting go of his lead, the 1st time he went for storm and then I kicked it, the second time I just kicked out at it before it got too close, I wear proper hiking boots when I walk Storm so they're quite hefty.
The finger up the Bum method, I've heard about it but never personally tried it, a few years back my daughter in law had a a red nose pit, she is a great dog, and picked up a stray which was almost as big as the pit, don't know 100% if she was a pit as well, but she was closer to pit than Stafford, she took them to a beach (middle of summer) and they started fighting the only way she could stop it was to grab the tail of the aggressive dog and shoved her finger up it's bum, she assures me it works, although not very pleasant... It is a last resort.
The dog spray stuff would seem a good idea and if it can save you or your dog getting into any sort of physical contact it must be worth a try, it's also going to be cheaper than a vet and save a lot of distress for you and your pet.
I'm lucky in that Storm will generally run away from any aggression as he seems to enjoy being chased as opposed to doing the chasing and will only attack if bitten.
iamajc
iamajc
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Storm
Dog(s) Ages : about 7 was a stray
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:59

Caryll wrote:
Mani wrote:Somebody in this forum mentioned sticking a finger up a dog's bum. So perhaps good idea to carry latex gloves?

Ever tried getting two fighting dogs to stand still long enough for you to stick a finger up its bum? Surprised

Whilst never having attempted it personally, it is possible, by grabbing low down on the tail and as a last resort.
The person who I know to have used this method to separate two dogs was not a big girl.
iamajc
iamajc

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:01

iamajc wrote:
Caryll wrote:

Whilst never having attempted it personally, it is possible, by grabbing low down on the tail and as a last resort.
The person who I know to have used this method to separate two dogs was not a big girl.

If they're just biting & not flying round in circles it'll work, as long as the other dog doesn't get his own bite in as soon as the first one lets go.

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:05

Caryll wrote:
iamajc wrote:
Caryll wrote:

If they're just biting & not flying round in circles it'll work, as long as the other dog doesn't get his own bite in as soon as the first one lets go.
I hope I never have to find out, to be honest Caryll.
iamajc
iamajc

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:26

I know what you mean!

If there are two of you, it's easier because you can hold a dog each. But if you're on your own it's a bit more complicated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 17:37

I've witnessed first hand that a finger up the bum doesn't work sick

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:08

Olly got attacked by another staffy ,i grabbed olly and picked him up ,the other bugger still tried to bite him ,so if i see another staffy im wary ,hes also been bitten by shitzus etc poor little sod has no aggresion wont even defend himself.
harlou
harlou
what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:28

ella wrote:I've witnessed first hand that a finger up the bum doesn't work sick
Well it does work some of the time, but as you have seen it not work, not all the time. Maybe they only had small fingers I dont want to s
iamajc
iamajc

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:56

iamajc wrote:
Well it does work some of the time, but as you have seen it not work, not all the time. Maybe they only had small fingers I dont want to s

actually i don't know of any time it's worked.... and erm no they weren't small!

Back to top Go down

Post by iamajc Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:16

ella wrote:
iamajc wrote:

actually i don't know of any time it's worked.... and erm no they weren't small!
I know someone that it has worked for, so it does work sometimes. Actually I'm not saying it works all the time. Just because you haven't seen it work, doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means you haven't seen it work there is a difference there.
iamajc
iamajc

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:18

iamajc wrote:
ella wrote:
iamajc wrote:

I know someone that it has worked for, so it does work sometimes. Actually I'm not saying it works all the time. Just because you haven't seen it work, doesn't mean it doesn't work, it means you haven't seen it work there is a difference there.

Rolling Eyes ok let's just say i won't ever bother using it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:18

I've never seen anybody try it, but I've heard others say yes, it does work and no, it doesn't work.

I just think that when you have 2 dogs fighting & spinning around all over the place, it would be difficult to even try to do it, and dangerous if the dog took offense!

Back to top Go down

Post by uggy Sun Dec 09 2012, 03:25

we lost a dog to an attack (the dog jumped out the car and attacked him) it wasnt a staff but all the same, I make sure there are no other dogs around before i let mine off, i would hate a family to go through what ours did.
uggy
uggy

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Fudge
Dog(s) Ages : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 09:38

ella wrote:very difficult situation.

Been in it a few times, and one thing i do IF i'm not near a road is drop the lead, i know my two will defend them selves and can with freedom.

I have also kicked and punched a few dogs that have tried to latch on.

Thankfully Chance will defend Harvey against other dogs, as Harv tends to be the one they aim for being the smaller dog. Normally Chance's stance is enough to stop any impending fight

Not had the situation yet apart from a couple of minor scuffles which have been easy to sort by grabbing the harness but as Ella says if you are not near a road your dog must have the opportunity to protect itself so I would also drop the lead if it was out of hand. I think you will also find a lot of dogs behave much differently when off lead to on lead as they can feel insecure in a situation when they are on the lead and you will possibly find out the situation will dampen down sooner when both dogs are free so to speak

Back to top Go down

Post by Billybunter Mon Dec 31 2012, 13:41

Airhorn is pretty good to carry with you a quick blast and it startle any dog or owner it soon calms them down or sends them running away

Billybunter

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Thu Jan 17 2013, 00:47

Dave wrote: I think you will also find a lot of dogs behave much differently when off lead to on lead as they can feel insecure in a situation when they are on the lead and you will possibly find out the situation will dampen down sooner when both dogs are free so to speak

+1. This seems often to be the case. Paradoxically, by trying to keep dogs apart, we maintain tension that may have discharged if they had been able to sniff each other and move around unhindered.

The problem is that if you happen to misjudge the situation, then it would be easy to appear irresponsible. i dont know
TS06
TS06
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:44

Yes and no.

Certain dogs do react badly when they are on lead, but will be good as gold off lead. However, it all depends on both dogs' body language. If one even goes stiff legged, it could be enough to start an ernest fight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:53

I read that pulling them by their hind legs and lifting them off the ground and then moving in a slow circle so they have to regain their footing (pawing?) is the best way. Removes their drive, is too far for them to bite your hands and legs aren't too hard to grab. Never tried it, so just parroting.
Mani
Mani

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Thu Jan 17 2013, 12:14

Caryll wrote:Yes and no.

Certain dogs do react badly when they are on lead, but will be good as gold off lead. However, it all depends on both dogs' body language. If one even goes stiff legged, it could be enough to start an ernest fight!

Yes, true. No easy answer Smile

I meant that letting the tension discharge could work, but if it doesn't, then you may appear to have been irresponsible for trying to let them work it out in the first place....

A panicking owner who yanks the dog around on the leash in order to keep it away from the other dog probably does more harm than good for both dogs and her/himself, but if there are legal ramifications, then panicky owner may receive more sympathy in court.... oh, I don't know.... i dont know

Last edited by TS06 on Thu Jan 17 2013, 12:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lazy first message...Caryll's reply deserved more thought :))
TS06
TS06

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrdog Sat Feb 09 2013, 11:41

i take my hurl with me when i take lexii for a walk ive seen the finger up method didnt work but a hurl will Smile
Mrdog
Mrdog
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Lexii
Dog(s) Ages : 6months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Sun Feb 10 2013, 17:47

I carry a small fire extinguisher clipped to my belt, the kind you see in caravans, they're quite compact and lightweight. I'm not sure whether it works or not but I've seen the drugs squad use them when raiding houses with dogs in them so it must be tried and tested. If it fails I would drop the lead, gives my dog chance to run or defend and frees up both hands for tackling the offending dog, which is no easy feat no matter how big you are.
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

what is the best way to keep dog and owner safe if a strangers dog attacks.?. Empty When your Staffy is on a lead,and another smaller dog comes and bites my dog. The other dog has no chance. What do I do?

Post by Ange Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:06

Caryll wrote:That's such a difficult thing to answer. A lot depends on the individual occasion.

When a doberman latched on to Dempsey's head & ear my oh gave the dobe a hefty left hook (he used to do a bit of boxing) which sent it staggering! I've kicked at dogs that have been a nuisance & also lashed out with the metal end of a lead.

Some people carry a break stick, but if you don't know how to use it properly it's next to useless.

If you're really worried about attacks (for example if you have a lot of aggressive dogs with stupid owners in your area) you could carry around a dog corrector spray which you could use on the attacking dog. it's usually enough to deter them until the owner catches up.
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : Ruben
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:13

We had an incident in our town last week with reportedly a Bull Mastiff springing out of nowhere and attacking a dog , woman showed up and just took the Bull Mastiff away , the police are still trying to identify her

http://www.leek-news.co.uk/Leek-News/Terror-as-dog-is-attacked-on-walk-24042013.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:16

Ok, thanks for that advice. My Staffy is not an aggressive dog. If it's a male (like him) and the male goes for him,he obviously goes for it. Yesterday I was walking Ruben,on the lead. A man came walking towards me with a Lhaso Apso,male,on an extendable lead. The Lhaso Apso went for Ruben,slipped it's collar and lead,Ruben,obviously was furious. The man owner of the Lhaso Apso kicked Ruben in the head,got hold of his dog,then said to me "If this happens again "Im going to report you and get that mutt put down". Surely,if he was paying attention to his dog on the extendable lead,knowing that it wants to fight with other males Im not (or more so) my dog is not in the wrong???

Can someone please verify me on this. Ruben does not go for male dog's,he has been attacked many times,but,has fought back. This is to me obvious animal behaviour? Why should my dog get put down/reported to the Police???
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:22

Ange wrote:Ok, thanks for that advice. My Staffy is not an aggressive dog. If it's a male (like him) and the male goes for him,he obviously goes for it. Yesterday I was walking Ruben,on the lead. A man came walking towards me with a Lhaso Apso,male,on an extendable lead. The Lhaso Apso went for Ruben,slipped it's collar and lead,Ruben,obviously was furious. The man owner of the Lhaso Apso kicked Ruben in the head,got hold of his dog,then said to me "If this happens again "Im going to report you and get that mutt put down". Surely,if he was paying attention to his dog on the extendable lead,knowing that it wants to fight with other males Im not (or more so) my dog is not in the wrong???

Can someone please verify me on this. Ruben does not go for male dog's,he has been attacked many times,but,has fought back. This is to me obvious animal behaviour? Why should my dog get put down/reported to the Police???

Was it the other dog that slipped his collar ?? If this is right then you were 100% in control of your dog and he wasn't . I don't like flexis , you don't have the control you think you have . A month or 2 back I'm faced with having to cross the road as a woman is walking down the street with her daughter (about 6 or 7 at a guess) walking her fluffy thing on a fully extended flexi. I kept out of the way by crossing the road but did advise her of the dangers and how irresponsible she was (she just scowled)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:40

Yes,it was the Lhaso Apso that slipped it's collar. Ruben was on the lead at all times. I will admit it,he was ragdolling the dog,it lasted no more than 30 seconds,it gave me a scare..But..Im worried about the Police,Ruben,Me etc. As I see this man walking this dog around my way alot Sad Obviously Im going to make a swerve next time I see him. Im so scared of the man now though,let alone him going to the Police confused
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:47

Ange wrote:Yes,it was the Lhaso Apso that slipped it's collar. Ruben was on the lead at all times. I will admit it,he was ragdolling the dog,it lasted no more than 30 seconds,it gave me a scare..But..Im worried about the Police,Ruben,Me etc. As I see this man walking this dog around my way alot Sad Obviously Im going to make a swerve next time I see him. Im so scared of the man now though,let alone him going to the Police confused

He has no grounds to do anything so don't worry all Reuben did was defend himself and perhaps he will learn a lesson for being a d1ck with a flexi. You have nothing at all to be concerned about his dog was out of control , end of story. Even if they were both on lead it would still be dog on dog , he should never have let his dog approach yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:49

It's a shame when irresponsible people make walks bad for you!

As far as the law is concerned, if your dog is on lead then he is under control. The other man was completely to blame as the collar was obviously not suitable for his dog!

Try not to let it bother you too much - easier said than done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:53

Yip,thats what I thought,thanx very mucho Dave. At the end of the day I dont want my boy put down because of another dog attacking him,and him getting the better of the other dog. When I got Ruben I made sure (even with the local Police) what is "right" and "wrong" for Ruben and me. Thanx again. Smile
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Fri Apr 26 2013, 17:59

Thanks Caryll,I think I just needed to hear it from other folk that Ruben or me was not to blame. He's been attacked so many times Im going to get that spray you were on about? As Ive said,my boy is not going to get put down for other people being irressponsable. In the estate where I live there's alot of young folk that go about with American Pitbulls,American Bulldogs etc.I dont think they realise the respect you have to have for your dog. Especially when it's a very strong,powerfull breed. Thank you very much again Smile
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Fri Apr 26 2013, 18:53

Having been attacked by 3 dogs it is a difficult thing to deal with.. I now carry a water sprayer, and I have walking sticks to beat off any offending dog.. But my main aim is to record the stupid owner on my camera phone then reporting them to the police.. Everyone has the right to walk their dogs in peace, btw I'd rather stick my boot up the attacking dogs jacksie then a finger... sick mad
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Sat Apr 27 2013, 10:39

Ive decided that Im gonna carry a cheap body spray about with me. Its ok 4 folk 2 say all this like "stick ur finger up their butt",wen uve gota American bulldog & Staffy going 4 it,it's impossible. Many thanx 2 every1 who has replied >Big Grin< Ange N Ruben coool!
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 15:21

Ange wrote:Ive decided that Im gonna carry a cheap body spray about with me. Its ok 4 folk 2 say all this like "stick ur finger up their butt",wen uve gota American bulldog & Staffy going 4 it,it's impossible. Many thanx 2 every1 who has replied >Big Grin< Ange N Ruben coool!

Well I can personally tell you sticking a finger up the butt didn't work for me all I got was a smelly finger Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 27 2013, 15:47

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/meeting_an_unfamilar_dog

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Sun Apr 28 2013, 22:58

Laughing Gads,Nah,I couldnt do that. I carry latex gloves with me incase I get a bit of poop on my fingers. I had to throw away 2 pairs of gloves last year. So latex gloves it is nerd giggle
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 11:53

Difficult 1, Its something I've allways dreaded. Personally, I wouldnt drop the lead unless it was the last resort. I think i'd try kicking it away, if it got hold of Ken, I'd have to leave go then. I posted here sometime ago about an attempted attack on Ken. It was some sort of big cross. The owner didnt rush over, well not until he realised Ken was a stafford. Carl kept kicking the dog away, it bit ken on the back end, Kenny kind head butted him, which knocked the dog a few feet away. The dog flew back at Carl and tryed to bite him. This is when Kenny lost it. Carl said he changed in front of him, eye's bulging, you could see every muscle in his body and every tooth, his strength pulled carl to the floor, now if Carl had let him go, Kenny WOULD of killed that dog. I think we need to treat each incident as it happens. If that dog had got on Ken, then yes, we would of let him go. I always worry that even if Ken was on a lead, and the other off lead, he'd still get the blame.
Another fear is Staff on Staff. Both fearless and strong, my worst night mare. I'd try my best not to let this happen. Look at the post from before. The 2 staffords that had to be sedated.
Some1 once told me to carry a water pistol Laughing and squirt it up their nose
Surprised Cant see that working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Thu May 09 2013, 09:25

Thanx for every1's replies. Ruben got attacked by some kind of mix,Pit,I dont know last year. It was a young muppet who had the dog without a lead,this 8month old dog came running about 300 metres to get to Ruben. How do you break it up when their both locking jaws on each other? Im not being horrible but I had my finger in this beasts eye,it took 4 men to get them apart. That dog at 8months was obiously getting trained to be like that. I found out where the young guy stayed and gave him a number of options...He got rid of the dog...The Vet even said when a dog locks it's jaw take anything over their heads,a stick even and just keep hitting it???? What does everyone think of that???

Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27 2013, 18:51

Ange wrote:Ok, thanks for that advice. My Staffy is not an aggressive dog. If it's a male (like him) and the male goes for him,he obviously goes for it. Yesterday I was walking Ruben,on the lead. A man came walking towards me with a Lhaso Apso,male,on an extendable lead. The Lhaso Apso went for Ruben,slipped it's collar and lead,Ruben,obviously was furious. The man owner of the Lhaso Apso kicked Ruben in the head,got hold of his dog,then said to me "If this happens again "Im going to report you and get that mutt put down". Surely,if he was paying attention to his dog on the extendable lead,knowing that it wants to fight with other males Im not (or more so) my dog is not in the wrong???

This guy is at fault, he allowed his dog to slip his lead and collar, not you x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next