hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not

Go down

hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not Empty hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 14:34

Listened to a radio show on "dangerous dogs" and the law changing to mean that a dog/owner is liable if someone gets bitten on their property.

hey had some numpty on talking about his staffy and he was saying "at the end of the day if a burgalur broke in and was caught theres a chance they will attack and kill me or my family, i would rather have my dog attack them and potentially get hurt than myself or family. but a dog that attacks a postal worker should be put down for sure"

So now dogs must know the difference between an intruder and a postman.

doh

Back to top Go down

hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not Empty Re: hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 15:56

It's easy isn't it , the intruder is the one in the stripey jumper Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not Empty Re: hypocrite r.e. when a dog should attack or not

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 19:15

My mum and dad's German Shepherd was always getting teased and shouted at by the postman, so one day he managed to get out and chase after him Laughing he wasn't put down or anything. Anyway...I agree with you, they can't usually know the difference between someone breaking into your house and a postman. It just comes down to people using their own ability to use logic on a dog that can't use logic or reasoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Nov 24 2012, 19:18

All depends how well trained they are to be fair.. but IMO bully breeds are too impulsive to be brilliant guard dogs. And sadly the sort of people that have DIY guard dogs aren't that skilled at training!!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down