First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure?

+3
Kathy
Dan330
Mrboss
7 posters

Go down

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Empty First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure?

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 12:31

My husband and I have always had different breeds prior to getting married. I have had jack russels and he had a lab x blue heeler and lab x husky.

After doing a lot of research and meeting different staffies we fell in love with the breed and got a staff of our own.
Now he didnt come with any papers, so I am hoping if I put up a photo someone can help me identifying him as a staffy.
He is an amazing little puppy. 12 weeks old and a very quick learner.
Knows how to sit, drop, shake, high five and roll. So regardless what he is we absolutely adore him. Just want to know if he has something else in him.

Thank you in advance
Mina
Mrboss
Mrboss
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boss
Dog(s) Ages : 3 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Empty Re: First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 12:41

Hi & welcome to the forum.

It's very difficult to judge whether a young pup is pure bred or not, and you may have to face the fact that you will never know for sure! By all means post a photo (we love seeing pics of pups anyway! Love Struck ) and we'll hazzard a guess, but they can change so much between now and about 18 months/2 years old!

This link will tell you how to post a photo here...
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t12017-how-to-post-a-photos-onto-the-forum

Back to top Go down

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Empty Re: First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure?

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 12:43

Oh thanks for the link.. I'm racking my brain trying to work out how to post a photo
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 12:44

Once you get the hang of it it's really easy! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 12:56

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Image-1

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Image
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:00

First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Image-4

This is Boss at 11 weeks old.
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:11

Aww he is gorgeous Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:20

He's absolutely gorgeous and brings us so much joy.

We have had a couple people comment he may not be pure staffy.
His ears are quite large and he has long legs. And doesn't seem to be very muscular.
Do you think this is just due to him being 12 weeks? Will he grow into the ears and legs and start to get the physique of a staffy?
Either way I love him. Especially the cuddles!!
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan330 Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:23

Its very difficult to tell... Mine comes from KC registered parents and I have his papers - The photo in my Avtar is of him at around 9 weeks. Monty is quite chunky, I would say yours is alot smaller... again its so hard to tell, hes very cute.

Did you not see both parents?
Dan330
Dan330
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Monty
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:30

So difficult to say. The length of leg is no indication at 12 weeks, neither are the ears (which will probably do all sorts of weird things when he starts to teeth!). I'd say his muzzle is a little longer than average, but again, many Staffords have slightly longer muzzles & are the more 'terrier' side of the breed.

Whatever he is, he's absolutely gorgeous! Love Struck If he isn't full staff, then he's definitely mainly staff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 14:44

You won't ever know i'm sorry. He may have came from two parents who were "staffys" but if they don't have papers its impossible to say. Their grandparents may have been crossed with a jack russel but then only bred with staffies again to become more staffy, but it can still be a cross.

Just enjoy your pup he is obviously very clever you will have a lot of fun with him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 23 2012, 15:13

Ahhh, he is a little sweetheart, very hard to tell at the moment though, give it a few more months until he has grown up a little.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Fri Nov 23 2012, 15:45

He's a charmer whatever he is.
Panda
Panda

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Nov 23 2012, 16:58

Hes gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
First time staff owner. Can you please help identifying if he is pure? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 18:24

Too young to say. At his age they go through a lot of changes. Loki looked a lot different than he does now, and they don't look muscular so young; some Staffs are bigger and leaner than others. If you don't have papers though, you can never be 100% sure. He's absolutely gorgeous though, and obviously very clever Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Nov 23 2012, 21:22

Wow what a fantastic looking dog. To me there is a working breed look about him but as he is just a pup that doesnt mean much. Absolutley stunning though
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrboss Fri Nov 23 2012, 23:41

Thanks everyone!
We just wanted some opinions, but it doesn't matter either way.
He looks very different to what he did at 8 weeks, so I am guessing he will change until he has grown up more.
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Trying to teach him to play dead haha.
He's learnt things so fast, a lot faster than our previous dogs.
Any tips on stopping him digging up all out backyard?
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 23:58

They are very clever Big Grin Loki knows more tricks already than my old dog did in his entire life Laughing

Regarding digging up the yard, keep an eye on him and whenever he's going to dig (preferably just before he does it) tell him "no," and then possibly distract him with a toy or something. That said, Staffs enjoy digging, because of the terrier in them, so maybe just a good fence will do Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrboss Sat Nov 24 2012, 00:43

Haha yeah he loves digging in the sand pit, just don't want him digging under fence and getting out.

He knows more things then my other dogs did too. Very smart dog. We've only had him for 4 weeks so I am very surprised how quick he learnt and how incredibly happy he gets when he sees us!! So in love with him!
Mrboss
Mrboss

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahvallie1 Tue Nov 27 2012, 16:05

he's so cute! He's definitely a quick study, it must be the Staffy in him. Mine learned a buch of stuff really quickly, and is leaps and bounds ahead of my chi mix mutt. I have had the chi for almost a month longer and he still has accidents in the house regularly. Keegs is almost done, i would say once a week we have an accident

sarahvallie1
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Keegs, Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 4 mo, 16 mo
Dog Gender(s) : male, female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:38

very cute looking pup and best of luck stopping him digging Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down