hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!!

+6
farmgirl
Kathy
Gazagem
PygmyParrot
Steve
valglo staffs
10 posters

Go down

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Empty hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!!

Post by valglo staffs Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:11

hi i have to Staffords and i am new to the forum they are both brothers from same litter and from valglo lines, 30 champions in 5 gen pedigree and its was worth every penny me buying the 2 blues i have, i always wanted a good bloodline and i search a long time untill i found valglo Neptune and the blue bouncer the best blue staffs in uk and europe. they are 4 months today and i weighed them 2months ago last and ace was 6.7 kilos and axle.5.2 kgs, i had pic of litter and picked ace then when i went back i picked axle as he had a nicer lighter blue colour,

anyway i weighed them last night and now they are 4months 1day today Ace weighed a staggering 17.1kgs at 4 months his body is very ide hes only 14.5inch high and his head is fullof wrinkles all over his head and under his ears his paws are huge i cant understand how he got so heavy, he is lean and muscular but his head is small. so young the weight is way over bree standard so i done some home work and apparently valglo produce huge staffies and the head always grows last with 6-12 months and get thicker boned up to 2 years. if hes 17.1 kgs now and his head hasn't started yet what am i looking at here, does anyone know how heavy blue bouncer is cause i think he takes after him, hes a huge staffie i heard low at 15inch but very very wide with a huge head, pics dont do him justice, ok so the mum weighed 30kgs after pups and her normal weight was 34-37kgs her father is the valglo Neptune second best in uk.

so what type of staff am i going to end up with as i have never seen anything like this yet hes so heavy no fat on him i feed him mince and gilerts hypo allergenic food keeps his coat like silk. anyone know more about valglo line??????

hello all!!! Smile Smile Smile

valglo staffs
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : ace n axle
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Empty Re: hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!!

Post by Steve Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:14

Hi & hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Empty Re: hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!!

Post by PygmyParrot Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:15

Hello from me and Dexter, while I don't know very much about the pedigree lines your dogs sound lovely. Photos please! Big Grin
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:22

Hi from Skye buster and me

Not sure about the line
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:34

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

What type of Staffy do you have ?? The link below may help you answer this question:

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/staffordshirebullterriertypes.html
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Mon Nov 19 2012, 13:00

hi all who have replied so far thankyou i will add some pics.

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Mon Nov 19 2012, 13:05

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Blue_b10

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Mon Nov 19 2012, 13:06

this is aces dad the blue bouncer pics dont do him justice hes a tank very muscular and big boned but short to the floor

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by farmgirl Mon Nov 19 2012, 13:29

Hi and welcome from Kia and me Smile
farmgirl
farmgirl

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Kia
Dog(s) Ages : 15 months approx
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:57

Do you have a pic of the dam?

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Nov 19 2012, 15:23

he's gorgeous Love Struck
hia from me and sasha Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Nov 19 2012, 15:24

What a stunner, hiya from and Moo Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:25

hi from me and the boys

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:41

welcome, are you sure the mother weights 37 kgs or do you mean pounds, because thats a big weight for a staffy thats around the 70 lb mark
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:27

Hello and welcome from me and the kids Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 21:27

Hi and welcome from Me n Steffi Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Mon Nov 19 2012, 21:48

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Ace10
hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! Axe_n_13[b] Smile

ace is in the corner if i had a normal staffie you could sit him next to him and see how big these 4 month olds are im astonished with the bloodline they are getting bigger its the genetics and the difference in foods i guess or jus Darwins evolution theory!!!

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 21:51

It's none of those - it's just not breeding to standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:01

remember pitbull type dogs are banned in the uk

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 22:06

I honestly don't know why people think that bigger is better as far as the Stafford is concerned. I'm not running these pups or their parents down, but they are all out of standard & are therefore not good examples of the breed, even if they are wonderful companions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 23:31

Hi and welcome from us and Suki

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Mon Nov 19 2012, 23:50

Everyone who meet buster thinks he's small for a staff until I say about most staffs being too big to show but any size they are lovely dogs

The pics of the pups are so cute
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Tue Nov 20 2012, 13:53

hello everyone nice forum nice to meet you all look at this!!! A111

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:03

Caryll wrote:I honestly don't know why people think that bigger is better as far as the Stafford is concerned. I'm not running these pups or their parents down, but they are all out of standard & are therefore not good examples of the breed, even if they are wonderful companions.

bigger is better in a staffie as long as they are in a good proper shape the y standard of size is better in the breed they not long legged just very big and wider makes the other staffies look like they are not to scale, i mean the staff looks the same thescale size of the dog is just alot bigger and better on the eye when i see i skinny staffie walking down the rd they just dont look good, this king size breed gives you the wow factor and besides if you going to have a dog have a good one, one that looks his best. a bit like looking at mr bean then looking at arnie in the film commando who are the ladies going to go for definatley not mister bean, lol

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:07

But they're not supposed to be that big - if they become too big they stop being typical staffords.

I'm not running your pups down, they are both quite beautiful - but they are too big for a stafford. The standard was written by people who know the breed well & most breeders try to breed within those written limits. If you prefer a bigger dog, why not go for an American Bulldog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:09

valglo staffs wrote:

bigger is better in a staffie as long as they are in a good proper shape the y standard of size is better in the breed they not long legged just very big and wider makes the other staffies look like they are not to scale, i mean the staff looks the same thescale size of the dog is just alot bigger and better on the eye when i see i skinny staffie walking down the rd they just dont look good, this king size breed gives you the wow factor and besides if you going to have a dog have a good one, one that looks his best. a bit like looking at mr bean then looking at arnie in the film commando who are the ladies going to go for definatley not mister bean, lol

Can't say that I agree with you there! Tongues You're judging by your preference, rather than the breed standard. You may think that bigger, thickset Staffords look better, but the standard says the desirable height is 14 - 16 inches, with related weight.

Not saying that the pups aren't nice, of course! I think they're really sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by valglo staffs Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:14

Caryll wrote:But they're not supposed to be that big - if they become too big they stop being typical staffords.

I'm not running your pups down, they are both quite beautiful - but they are too big for a stafford. The standard was written by people who know the breed well & most breeders try to breed within those written limits. If you prefer a bigger dog, why not go for an American Bulldog?

I Know that but the Stafford has become more like a new bully Stafford as the height is still in breed standard the dogs are just twice as wide and bigger boned blue bouncer is a champion in the show ring and he makes all of the other staffs look tiny maybe they should realise we might have a new breed as hes winning all shows Smile

valglo staffs

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:17

valglo staffs wrote:

I Know that but the Stafford has become more like a new bully Stafford as the height is still in breed standard the dogs are just twice as wide and bigger boned blue bouncer is a champion in the show ring and he makes all of the other staffs look tiny maybe they should realise we might have a new breed as hes winning all shows Smile

But that's the problem. These dogs, though you may prefer them, are anomalies! The breed standard still says that the desirable weight needs to be proportionate to the dog's height. You're talking about one dog, in the midst of thousands of other dogs who also win shows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:22

valglo staffs wrote:I Know that but the Stafford has become more like a new bully Stafford as the height is still in breed standard the dogs are just twice as wide and bigger boned blue bouncer is a champion in the show ring and he makes all of the other staffs look tiny maybe they should realise we might have a new breed as hes winning all shows Smile

They are still atypical of the breed as their weight is way outside the standard.

Blue Bouncer, by the way, is not a UK champion. There are no blue champions in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 14:26

valglo staffs wrote:I Know that but the Stafford has become more like a new bully Stafford

There have always been a range of sizes in staffords - from the terrier type through the midle of the road type to the real bully type. This is nothing new. But the middle-of-the-road type will always be the norm.

If you want an even bullier type of dog, why not import an American Bully? There's the extreme you seem to want the stafford to become....
http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1016&bih=588&q=american+bully&oq=american+bully&gs_l=img.12..0l10.688.3407.0.5235.14.10.0.0.0.0.656.2342.3-2j1j2.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.BjONgPmlgyc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 20 2012, 15:06

valglo staffs wrote:
Caryll wrote:I honestly don't know why people think that bigger is better as far as the Stafford is concerned. I'm not running these pups or their parents down, but they are all out of standard & are therefore not good examples of the breed, even if they are wonderful companions.

bigger and better can get you a huge fine a year inside for having a pitbull type dog it's doesn't matter if you have KC papers if your dog is well above the standard they still can be class as pitbul types

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:08

lovely pups you have there but chunky pups don't always stay that way so don't get disappointed if they go more standard size when grown.
sad thing i found when looking up the parents the dams owner acctully breed her 2 seasons in a row pups nov 2011 and pups july 2012 Sad angry .(same stud)
and also as pointed out before really is a no no breeding to blues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:10

bigwazza wrote:
sad thing i found when looking up the parents the dams owner acctully breed her 2 seasons in a row pups nov 2011 and pups july 2012 Sad angry .(same stud)

That's awful! angry

Extract from the KC's own website...

Q. My bitch has had 2 litters within a 12 month period, can I register the litter?

A. The Kennel Club does not endorse this and would recommend at least a year is given between litters, however we do understand that in situations of accidents or if a bitch has irregular seasons, a second application will be accepted. Breeders who breed four or more litters per year must be licensed by their local authority. Breeders with fewer litters must also be licensed if they are carrying out a business of breeding dogs for sale.

Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999

Licensed breeders must:

Not mate a bitch less than 12 months old.
Not whelp more than six litters from a bitch (for litters born in 2012, the limit will be restricted to four litters).
Not whelp two litters within a 12 month period from the same bitch.
Keep accurate records.
Not sell a puppy until it is at least eight weeks of age, other than to a keeper of a licensed pet shop or Scottish rearing establishment.

I'm afraid that your breeder is not a good one & obviously cares more about the £s they get from selling puppies than the welfare of their bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:20

bigwazza wrote:
and also as pointed out before really is a no no breeding to blues

angry angry angry Hmph.

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:29

How many breeds as the kennel club destroyed over the years with there standards, if a guy wants to breed bigger staffs good luck to him, if he as paper work for hes dogs the police cannot touch him, as for getting a american bully they are banned in this great land...
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:38

dave g wrote:How many breeds as the kennel club destroyed over the years with there standards, if a guy wants to breed bigger staffs good luck to him, if he as paper work for hes dogs the police cannot touch him, as for getting a american bully they are banned in this great land...

saddly not the case dave g there 100s of dogs with papers being held under the banned dogs act papers are no gaurantee(they help alot)but if police think a dog is type they have the power to seize.
there are ways to get papers for un reg dogs .
some byb will reg 7/8 pups from a 3/4 pup litter and sell papers on. angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:45

dave g wrote:How many breeds as the kennel club destroyed over the years with there standards, if a guy wants to breed bigger staffs good luck to him, if he as paper work for hes dogs the police cannot touch him, as for getting a american bully they are banned in this great land...

I think the things that people have problems with are the way the dogs are bred. Blue to blue, frequent breeding, inbreeding, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 20 2012, 16:48

they can still seized the dog even it's as kc papers, if it been breed to look similar to pit it's going to get seized

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Wed Nov 21 2012, 08:04

My oh my they're beautiful!
Just want to give them a big squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy hug!!!

Macy is a staffy x am bulldog and she is very small and not stocky, but the vet says she is fine and healthy and not underweight, some staffies are taller and skinnier, some shorter and skinnier, but they're all yummy staffies!

I met a kc reg staffy boy 8 months old and twice the size of Macy, he wasn't fat just so muscular adn stocky.

pal
pal
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Wed Nov 21 2012, 08:06

excuse my ignorance but do you mean american bulldog when you say american bully?
cause american bulldogs aren't banned in the uk
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:06

doggypal wrote:excuse my ignorance but do you mean american bulldog when you say american bully?

haha sometimes i think people get confussed ye american bull dogs are fine
but american bully (pumped up apbt)are banned Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:09

doggypal wrote:excuse my ignorance but do you mean american bulldog when you say american bully?

No, these are American Bullies.....
http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=648&q=american+bully&oq=american+bully&gs_l=img.12..0l10.1219.6110.0.8391.14.10.0.0.0.0.1562.3514.4-1j1j1j0j1.4.0...0.0...1ac.1._jZb470Mcjg

Back to top Go down

Post by pal Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:28

oh ok thanks for clarifying.
Blushing
pal
pal

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 10:48

doggypal wrote:oh ok thanks for clarifying.

Blushing

lol no need to blush its a easy one to get confussed on i know myself i thought they were the same untill i saw pictures thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down