roz w
Steve
Kathy
Andy
janey
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cropped Ears - ok or not? - Page 3 Empty Cropped Ears - ok or not?

Post by janey Sun Oct 28 2012, 21:26

First topic message reminder :

I just can't get past the ears, cracking looking dogs though.

Moo is getting fat atm and I hate it!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Cropped Ears - ok or not? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cropped Ears - ok or not?

Post by Sera Thu May 09 2013, 19:02

I DO NOT like the cropped ear, thing. My reason is purely because I think it's sad for the breed. IMO it makes them look harder. And they already get bad press. So it's a No, no... For me.

I mean no disrespect tho, to anyone with these beautiful creatures that adorn the cropped ear look. It DOES NOT make them any the less lovely.

It's just my personal opinion. Smile
Sera
Sera
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nitro
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sera Thu May 09 2013, 19:08

Caryll wrote:
Steve wrote:i don't mind it as long it done by a vet

it's barbaric.

It's not 'nice.' But no worse than circumcision in human boys. I personally prefer boxers with cropped tails. As they are so clumsy, their tails get in the way lol!

However, I don't actually see the point. And think the 'look,' is mean looking. Sad for the breed, as they get bad press without them looking 'hard.'

I'm mixed with my feelings about it. I consider it a fashion statement. Doesn't mean the dog isn't good though. thinking

Sera
Sera

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Nitro
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 19:20

Sera wrote:
Caryll wrote:
Steve wrote:i don't mind it as long it done by a vet

it's barbaric.

It's not 'nice.' But no worse than circumcision in human boys. I personally prefer boxers with cropped tails. As they are so clumsy, their tails get in the way lol!

However, I don't actually see the point. And think the 'look,' is mean looking. Sad for the breed, as they get bad press without them looking 'hard.'

I'm mixed with my feelings about it. I consider it a fashion statement. Doesn't mean the dog isn't good though. thinking

Our old Boxer would constantly give us bruises by whacking his tail against everyone's legs Laughing but to me, people should prefer the natural look of the dog, there's no reason for it except appearance, and dogs are beautiful without any changes Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09 2013, 20:41

Sera wrote:

Their tails are no 'clumsier' than any other breed! Believe me, you haven't been on the receiving end of Dempsey's tail! Surprised

But does that mean I'd cut it off? Not on your life! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27 2013, 19:56

Gaz , simple facts your comments were about castration , this topic is about ear cropping so off topic and binned ok - end of . It's not about being abusive and as I have told you already if you want to make a topic about castration feel free.
And personally you can think what you like , I'm doing my job and keeping the forum relevant , it is not open to discussion or debate ok

EDIT - added If you want to make a comment about tail docking then feel free , the 2 are related subjects and the conversation took this turn several months ago so I haven't touched it . Underlying point is that the procedures are both cosmetic to improve the look of the dog , only exception being that Tail docking is a legally accepted procedure for working dogs in a lot of countries

Last edited by Dave on Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaz Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:09

Dave wrote:Gaz , simple facts your comments were about castration , this topic is about ear cropping so off topic and binned ok - end of . It's not about being abusive and as I have told you already if you want to make a topic about castration feel free.
And personally you can think what you like , I'm doing my job and keeping the forum relevant , it is not open to discussion or debate ok

no problems dave

just remember what i first posted though

''people castrate dogs because of medical reasons but they also castrate for other reasons''

i thought this thread was about cropping ears so i gave a small comparison about chopping other body parts off without a medical reason,,,,,i was then misunderstood because people cant read

delete away
Gaz
Gaz
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:12

Your posts weren't misunderstood, at least not by me - and yes, I can read!

But as Dave says, the comments were off topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:15

Gaz wrote:
Dave wrote:Gaz , simple facts your comments were about castration , this topic is about ear cropping so off topic and binned ok - end of . It's not about being abusive and as I have told you already if you want to make a topic about castration feel free.

no problems dave

just remember what i first posted though

''people castrate dogs because of medical reasons but they also castrate for other reasons''

i thought this thread was about cropping ears so i gave a small comparison about chopping other body parts off without a medical reason,,,,,i was then misunderstood because people cant read

delete away

Another comment like that and you can have your first warning on me , just for trying to be an argumentative smart a1se

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3