Offered puppies

5 posters

Go down

Offered puppies Empty Offered puppies

Post by jshrew Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:25

Was at a house today and they asked if I wanted a puppy, mom is a mongrel, can a single litter have different dads? one pup was long haired collie type and the other two short haired one black/tan one black/white the owner thinks they might be part staffy but obviously wont know until they grow. They are 7 weeks at the mo but owner wants rid as soon as they reach 8 weeks and has told her daughter to sell them to pay for getting their dog spayed

Poor little things what a start in life, part of me wanted to take the little black and tan fella and rescue him from irresponsible people but I really don't have the time or experience to rear from a pup
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Offered puppies Empty Re: Offered puppies

Post by janey Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:49

Hope they all get good homes.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:56

Yes one litter can have multiple fathers if she got with more than one dog.
But as the mothers a mongrel the variety in coats and colours could be throw backs from the dogs that shes down from.
They may of said the pups are maybe part Stafford because they know you have a soft spot for the breed and this may sway you into taking a pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 00:04

Denise wrote:Yes one litter can have multiple fathers if she got with more than one dog.
But as the mothers a mongrel the variety in coats and colours could be throw backs from the dogs that shes down from.
They may of said the pups are maybe part Stafford because they know you have a soft spot for the breed and this may sway you into taking a pup.

Wow , now there's something I didn't know Surprised bet there's a real problem when it comes round to who pays the maintenance Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 01:17

Dave wrote:
Denise wrote:Yes one litter can have multiple fathers if she got with more than one dog.

Wow , now there's something I didn't know Surprised bet there's a real problem when it comes round to who pays the maintenance Laughing

Surprised Didn't know that either, you learn something new everyday Big Grin

Poor puppies, hope they all find good homes Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 06:14

They can have multiple fathers in one litter? How does that happen? What? Eh? How odd Big Grin. Ah, poor pups Sad hope they all find good homes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 09:45

In female dogs loads of eggs are released unlike in humans just the one is.
So if shes caught by more than one dog, both could be the father to this now split litter Big Grin
Plus dog semen is viable for a couple of days or more after a mating, so even if the eggs have not ripened and another mating via a different dog or dogs takes place each males little tadpole are now at the starting line just waiting for the females body clock to blow the whistle Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 09:54

Wow Surprised Thats amazing..

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Nov 04 2012, 10:05

Sad Sad
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:00

It does sound odd doesn't it, it can happen in cats too. Hoping they all find loving homes.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:22

yes i only found out that fact the other day in my post about teacup breed dogs they get the mothers pregnant and then tie her again 9 days later so she gets preg again thus resulting in smaller pups (premature)as when the mother goes into labour with older pups she gives birth to all so something that needs to be thought about you may think the pups are 7 weeks but may acctully be less developed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:34

Dave wrote:

I knew this from experience. Our lab/collie was got by a spaniel (the bloody thing ripped the doggy door off the den where he had her locked up!) and all the pups came out spaniel/collie looking but one came out looking pue black and tan witha really boxy face. I know out neighbour bred rottis but they were always well locked up cause they were guard dogs, so no idea how she managed that one. Can they breed through a fence? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sun Nov 04 2012, 17:02

bigwazza wrote:yes i only found out that fact the other day in my post about teacup breed dogs they get the mothers pregnant and then tie her again 9 days later so she gets preg again thus resulting in smaller pups (premature)as when the mother goes into labour with older pups she gives birth to all so something that needs to be thought about you may think the pups are 7 weeks but may acctully be less developed Sad

That would certainly account for the collie looking one looking so much bigger and the owner didn't know I had a dog but that her son had told her that their dog had mated with a staffy I just took it that in the current climate 'staffy' is a popular sales 'brand' and given the area it is wholly likely. Got to go back there tomorrow or Tuesday must resist Laughing
jshrew
jshrew

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down